The opium trail from Afghanistan

May 11, 2008
Just when i was wondering about if there was a documentary made, it actually is.

See how Afghanistan is the opium producer at the moment.
See how the people prefer to make opium because it makes them more money .
See how only the drug lords benefit.
See another side of Iran, as Iranian border control captures drug traffickers
and burn and destroys large numbers of opium.

And as extra :
Special guest star appearances of xj0hnx and SphinxnihpS at timeframe 39:58.
:eek:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8010793559435491074#

May 11, 2008
See why the heavy forms of drugs must never be legalized.
Uninformed minds like xj0hnx and SphinxnihpS do not want anybody to see a documentary as this one. The real dangers of addictive drugs and why they never must be legalized.

See how powerful narcotics like opium was used to keep soldiers going.

See how the arabs where prohibited by the islam to not drink wine and thus a large number where opium addicts. A possible reason why it is better to only legalize cannabis as a soft drug and keep alcohol as it is but heavier taxed.
http://www.opioids.com/narcotic-drugs/chapter-2.html

See how the British trafficked opium to China. See how China refused to be any longer the opium addicted state and was declared war by England because England was no longer allowed to sell opium in China. China refused because 1/3 rd of the population was addicted on smoking opium. This was during the era of 1600 to beyond 1800. After England defeated China the selling of opium even increased.

Bad luck because of addictive drugs. The invention of the hypodermic needle and ...
Coincidentally, Wood's wife was the first known intravenous morphine addict. She eventually died from an overdose delivered by her husband's invention.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Wood_(physician)

A German pharmacist named Friedrich Wilhelm Adam Sertürner creates morphine. It is speculated his wife died of an overdose of morphine bbut in all honesty, i have not found any information if that is actually true.

Perhaps epigenetics :

Studies have shown that morphine can alter the expression of a number of genes. A single injection of morphine has been shown to alter the expression of two major groups of genes, for proteins involved in mitochondrial respiration and for cytoskeleton-related proteins.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morphine

Well, see for yourself. Everything i have written in the "Conservatives should get weak on drugs" tread i can back up. xj0hnx and SphinxnihpS , i am still waiting for your arguments why all drugs must be legalized according to you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQlk01sxO_E

Last edited:

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
lol illegal, you must not know how popular LEGAL opiates are. you don't just think these guys sell the stuff illegally do you?

Purdue isn't getting their opium to make morphine from Afghanistan. You didn't really think that pharmaceutical companies are buying from afghan smugglers did you?

Last edited:

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
See why the heavy forms of drugs must never be legalized.
Uninformed minds like xj0hnx and SphinxnihpS do not want anybody to see a documentary as this one. The real dangers of addictive drugs and why they never must be legalized.

Moron, because they are illegal those drug traffickers have a job. Keep ignoring reality. Drugs = illegal = criminals control them, it's one of the simplest concept out there. Are the producers of Jack Daniels toting machine guns to get their shipments of liquor to the store? Does Watson have to sneak their Lortab across the Iranian border, and have gun battles to get it on the shelves of Walgreens? Are people caught in Philip Morrison's crossfire with DEA smuggling cigarettes to market?

Last edited:
May 11, 2008
Moron, because they are illegal those drug traffickers have a job.
Ah, once again we come back to the question of morality and once agian you twist everything as you see fit. And you think those traffickers would not have a job if it was legal ? It has nothing to do with that. It has all to do with people without education trying to feed their 8+ heads families. Those Afghan farmers have lot's of children and little money. It is a cultural thing. Before the taliban, there where little Afghan heroine users. After well, no more suppression...

Keep ignoring reality. Drugs = illegal = criminals control them, it's one of the simplest concept out there.
When i look at history, a lot of legal drugs(read medicine) became illegal because of the dangerous side effects. Not because criminals needed the drugs to be illegal. Heroine is in effect such an example.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroin#History
Felix Hoffmann. Hoffmann, working at the Aktiengesellschaft Farbenfabriken (today the Bayer pharmaceutical company) in Elberfeld, Germany, was instructed by his supervisor Heinrich Dreser to acetylate morphine with the objective of producing codeine, a constituent of the opium poppy, pharmacologically similar to morphine but less potent and less addictive. Instead the experiment produced an acetylated form of morphine one and a half to two times more potent than morphine itself.

From 1898 through to 1910 diacetylmorphine was marketed under the name heroin as a non-addictive morphine substitute and cough suppressant. Bayer marketed heroin as a cure for morphine addiction before it was discovered that it rapidly metabolizes into morphine. As such, heroin is essentially a quicker acting form of morphine. The company was embarrassed by the new finding, which became a historic blunder for Bayer.[12]

In the U.S.A. the Harrison Narcotics Tax Act was passed in 1914 to control the sale and distribution of "heroin" and other opioids, which allowed the drug to be prescribed and sold for medical purposes. In 1924 the United States Congress banned its sale, importation or manufacture. It is now a Schedule I substance, which makes it illegal for non-medical use in signatory nations of the Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs treaty, including the United States.

Are the producers of Jack Daniels toting machine guns to get their shipments of liquor to the store? Does Watson have to sneak their Lortab across the Iranian border, and have gun battles to get it on the shelves of Walgreens? Are people caught in Philip Morrison's crossfire with DEA smuggling cigarettes to market?

Your drug induced delusions have no meaning here. When it comes to cigarettes, cigarettes are becoming more and more banned because of the dangerous side effects like lung cancer. I have mentioned many times there will be always exceptions. An example is of the heavy smoker who never gets lung cancer but also never has the flu or a common cold. For some reason, the smoke of the cigarettes and his own body and whatever bacteria lives natural in the persons lungs give him/her the ability to be seemingly invulnerable. But how do you know you are the exception ?

Last edited:

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Ah, once again we come back to the question of morality and once agian you twist everything as you see fit. And you think those traffickers would not have a job if it was legal ? It has nothing to do with that. It has all to do with people without education trying to feed their 8+ heads families. Those Afghan farmers have lot's of children and little money. It is a cultural thing. Before the taliban, there where little Afghan heroine users. After well, no more suppression...

I really don't give a shit about afghan farmers, or if they can feed their families. They could continue to sell their drugs to whatever country keeps it illegal. Until the insanity that is the War on Drugs ends, than criminals will continue to run the drug trade, this is a fact. You are absolutely deluded, and disconnected with reality if you think that keeping them illegal is going to one day just make it all better.

When i look at history, a lot of legal drugs(read medicine) became illegal because of the dangerous side effects. Not because criminals needed the drugs to be illegal.

Yes, government intervention to protect people from themselves, and to increase the competing companies that lobbied against them profits. And let's look at what has happened since then ...drugs are more prevalent, uncontrolled and dangerous than ever, the crime associated with their production and smuggling has skyrocketed to astronomical proportions, and millions of non-violent people have been turned into defacto criminals, WOW bang up job there, please excuse me if I don't pat you on the back.

May 11, 2008
I really don't give a shit about afghan farmers, or if they can feed their families. They could continue to sell their drugs to whatever country keeps it illegal. Until the insanity that is the War on Drugs ends, than criminals will continue to run the drug trade, this is a fact. You are absolutely deluded, and disconnected with reality if you think that keeping them illegal is going to one day just make it all better.

As always your agenda is pretty clear. Was it an half hour again ?

Yes, government intervention to protect people from themselves, and to increase the competing companies that lobbied against them profits. And let's look at what has happened since then ...drugs are more prevalent, uncontrolled and dangerous than ever, the crime associated with their production and smuggling has skyrocketed to astronomical proportions, and millions of non-violent people have been turned into defacto criminals, WOW bang up job there, please excuse me if I don't pat you on the back.

As always, history does not agree with your delusional ramblings.

drugs are more prevalent, uncontrolled and dangerous than ever

And still you want them legalized. Do you realize at all how much you contradict yourself in all these posts ?

Last edited:

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I love how you say history doesnt side with him but your thread is about the "illegal" drug trade coming from Afghanistan. What world do you live in where drug wars dont happen? How many people were killed in Northern Mexico last year over drug turf?

Think that would happen if Walmart was selling opiates, weed, and cocaine?

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007

History COMPLETELY agrees with me. What happened during prohibition? Oh my, criminals took over the alcohol trade and violence exploded, they made it legal and practically over night it went back to normal. You are fucking retarded.

And still you want them legalized. Do you realize at all how much you contradict yourself in all these posts ?
There's no contradiction at all. They are prevalent because people are going to do them regardless of the law and it is a multi-billion dollar a year industry, they are uncontrolled because criminals control the drug trade, not a government, and pharmaceutical companies, and dangerous because ...see why they are uncontrolled.

You really don't see just how completely, and utterly wrong you are on every level do you? Holy shit it must be nice to live in such a fantasy land that what is on the news everyday doesn't exist.

May 11, 2008
I love how you say history doesnt side with him but your thread is about the "illegal" drug trade coming from Afghanistan. What world do you live in where drug wars dont happen? How many people were killed in Northern Mexico last year over drug turf?

Think that would happen if Walmart was selling opiates, weed, and cocaine?

There would just be more powerful versions of any drugs sold by criminals or new drugs would be invented and sold. You fail to see that these criminals want to make money without any moral dillemma. Are drugs crimes the only crimes that happen ? Or are people robbing banks or stores because they want to inject dollar bills up their veins ? Drugs are just a away to make money. Legalizing hard drugs is no different then complying to terrorist demands. You do what they want because otherwise they do what they want more aggressively.

What is you alternative that a large part of society is an addict and the same drug lords are still around doing the same business ?

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
There would just be more powerful versions of any drugs sold by criminals or new drugs would be invented and sold. You fail to see that these criminals want to make money without any moral dillemma. Are drugs crimes the only crimes that happen ? Or are people robbing banks or stores because they want to inject dollar bills up their veins ? Drugs are just a away to make money. Legalizing hard drugs is no different then complying to terrorist demands. You do what they want because otherwise they do what they want more aggressively.

What is you alternative that a large part of society is an addict and the same drug lords are still around doing the same business ?

Guy, you are seriously whacked out from reality. Have fun with your thread, maybe you can post some more facts that exist because drugs are illegal and try to pretend that they are what would happen if they were legal, yea, that would make my, er sorry your point.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002

Really? Can I buy more powerful beer, wine, and hard liquor from organized crime than I can in the private market? How about cigarettes?

You legalize these drugs and the organized crime money flow is cutoff. Without money they become powerless.

How many more people do you think as a % of the population will consume these drugs if they are legalized? Currently about 10% of the population smokes weed. To become a large part in your world would require it jump by how much?

May 11, 2008
History COMPLETELY agrees with me. What happened during prohibition? Oh my, criminals took over the alcohol trade and violence exploded, they made it legal and practically over night it went back to normal. You are fucking retarded.
I have history on my side for centuries of data and agony. You come up with one flawed example, you really should shoot some more. Better yet please od. Then the world is released of you.

Anyway , it is fun to prove you wrong every time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibition_in_the_United_States
Prohibition became increasingly unpopular during the Great Depression, especially in large cities. On March 22, 1933, President Franklin Roosevelt signed into law an amendment to the Volstead Act known as the Cullen-Harrison Act, allowing the manufacture and sale of certain kinds of alcoholic beverages.
Why was this ? well, during the great depression people had no work and a lot of worries. Prime examples to start to search for relief. To escape to forget. Remember the USSR and vodka. You are such a nitwit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Depression
The Great Depression had devastating effects in virtually every country, rich and poor. Personal income, tax revenue, profits and prices dropped, and international trade plunged by a half to two-thirds. Unemployment in the United States rose to 25%, and in some countries rose as high as 33%.[3] Cities all around the world were hit hard, especially those dependent on heavy industry. Construction was virtually halted in many countries. Farming and rural areas suffered as crop prices fell by approximately 60 percent.[4][5][6] Facing plummeting demand with few alternate sources of jobs, areas dependent on primary sector industries such as cash cropping, mining and logging suffered the most.
You really think this has no effect on the lives of many people ?

There's no contradiction at all. They are prevalent because people are going to do them regardless of the law and it is a multi-billion dollar a year industry, they are uncontrolled because criminals control the drug trade, not a government, and pharmaceutical companies, and dangerous because ...see why they are uncontrolled.
And that is what i find so interesting about you. You always take sides for the criminals. Never thinking of those who suffer in the end.

Especially for you : Curtis Mayfield - Pusherman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLNW9w1odK4

You really don't see just how completely, and utterly wrong you are on every level do you? Holy shit it must be nice to live in such a fantasy land that what is on the news everyday doesn't exist.
All i know the world is a lot more complicated then you think. But that is something i have trying to explain to you since the beginning. But your doped up head does not really seem to function does it...

May 11, 2008
Really? Can I buy more powerful beer, wine, and hard liquor from organized crime than I can in the private market? How about cigarettes?
You can buy more powerful version legally and i am sure you can illegally..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer#Alcoholic_strength
Beer ranges from less than 3% alcohol by volume (abv) to around 14% abv, though this strength has been increased to around 20% by re-pitching with champagne yeast,[82] and to 41% abv by the freeze-distilling process.[83] The alcohol content of beer varies by local practice[84] or beer style. The pale lagers that most consumers are familiar with fall in the range of 4–6%, with a typical abv of 5%.[85] The customary strength of British ales is quite low, with many session beers being around 4% abv.[86] Some beers, such as table beer are of such low alcohol content (1%–4%) that they are served instead of soft drinks in some schools.[87]

The alcohol in beer comes primarily from the metabolism of sugars that are produced during fermentation. The quantity of fermentable sugars in the wort and the variety of yeast used to ferment the wort are the primary factors that determine the amount of alcohol in the final beer. Additional fermentable sugars are sometimes added to increase alcohol content, and enzymes are often added to the wort for certain styles of beer (primarily "light" beers) to convert more complex carbohydrates (starches) to fermentable sugars. Alcohol is a byproduct of yeast metabolism and is toxic to the yeast; typical brewing yeast cannot survive at alcohol concentrations above 12% by volume. Low temperatures and too little fermentation time decreases the effectiveness of yeasts and consequently decreases the alcohol content.
Exceptionally strong beers

The strength of beers has climbed during the later years of the 20th century. Vetter 33, a 10.5% abv (33 degrees Plato, hence Vetter "33"), doppelbock, was listed in the 1994 Guinness Book of World Records as the strongest beer at that time,[88][89] though Samichlaus, by the Swiss brewer Hürlimann, had also been listed by the Guinness Book of World Records as the strongest at 14% abv.[90][91][92]

Since then, some brewers have used champagne yeasts to increase the alcohol content of their beers. Samuel Adams reached 20% abv with Millennium,[82] and then surpassed that amount to 25.6% abv with Utopias. The strongest beer brewed in Britain was Baz's Super Brew by Parish Brewery, a 23% abv beer.[93][94] The beer that is claimed to be the strongest yet made is Sink The Bismarck!, a 41% abv IPA,[83] made by BrewDog, who also made Tactical Nuclear Penguin, a 32% abv Imperial Stout, using the eisbock method of freeze distilling - in November 2009 the brewery freeze distilled a 10% ale, gradually removing the ice until the beer reached 32% abv.[95][96] The German brewery Schorschbräu's Schorschbock—a 31% abv eisbock,[97][98][99] and Hair of the Dog's Dave—a 29% abv barley wine made in 1994, both used the same freeze distilling method.[

You know what the fun part is, i know all this and i only use google to to confirm it and for details.

You legalize these drugs and the organized crime money flow is cutoff. Without money they become powerless.

How many more people do you think as a % of the population will consume these drugs if they are legalized? Currently about 10% of the population smokes weed. To become a large part in your world would require it jump by how much?
Just watch the documentary. And ask yourself in how many wars the US will be in, in the near future and how much traumatic experiences that will cause.

Last edited:

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
You know what the fun part is, i know all this and i only use google to to confirm it and for details.

You don't know anything, and your grasping at wiki links that prove my point is making me embarrassed for you.

Just watch the documentary. And ask yourself in how many wars the US will be in, in the near future and how much traumatic experiences that will cause.

That documentary goes to further prove my point that because the drugs are illegal, the violence, and foreign drug traffickers will continue, good job.

May 11, 2008

You really want me to go through your links again and find the opposite what you state in your own links just as the other day ?

When there is no work, there is poverty. When there is poverty, there is crime. These crimes are the crimes caused by people who do so in order to stay alive. Some individuals may have psychological problems and that may be the deciding factor. Do some research on human history.

I suggest the following :

Take a hammer, and hit yourself on the head every time you have a stupid thought. It will not help you, but it sure will generate a smile on my face because of the loud KNOCK every second. :D

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006

Originally Posted by xj0hnx View Post

Umm, which part? Drugs are in fact easier to get and more potent since the beginning of the war on drugs. They are not controlled in anyway so that a druggie, or a recreational user, can at the very least know the dosage he is taking. Crime associated with the drug trade is insanely high and caused solely by the extremely lucrative black market which is caused by their legal status. Tons of non-violent, productive, tax paying members of society have been turned into criminals because they use drugs in a recreational fashion.

The above is all very easily verifiable fact. The war on drugs has been an abysmal failure that has cost society far more than it claims to have saved.

Naw, lets keep them illegal so they become even MORE prevalent and MORE potent because it is extremely profitable to do so. Unfortunately, due to existing laws, extreme violence is a direct result of that market as well. Well done!

I am sure you will not address these very basic points in any meaningful way but the bottom line is this:

The war on drugs has NOT prevented drug use. Drug use has in fact risen.
The war on drugs has NOT prevented drugs from becoming stronger and cheaper.
The war on drugs HAS produced a lot of criminals out of people who were otherwise productive members of society.
The war on drugs HAS directly resulted in extreme violence on our streets. Someone was murdered due to the black market, created by the war on drugs, while I typed this post.

Exactly how does continuing the war on drugs help in any meaningful way considering its stellar performance so far?

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
You really want me to go through your links again and find the opposite what you state in your own links just as the other day ?

When there is no work, there is poverty. When there is poverty, there is crime. These crimes are the crimes caused by people who do so in order to stay alive. Some individuals may have psychological problems and that may be the deciding factor. Do some research on human history.

I suggest the following :

Take a hammer, and hit yourself on the head every time you have a stupid thought. It will not help you, but it sure will generate a smile on my face because of the loud KNOCK every second. :D

Wait a minute, you are saying that poverty fuels the multi-trillion dollar illegal drug trade and not the demand, as evident since its a freaking multi-trillion dollar market?

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007

You didn't find anything in my links except the dis-assembly of your fantasy world, and no, I don't expect you to educate yourself, if you did the cornerstone of your make believe world would crumble.

May 11, 2008
Wait a minute, you are saying that poverty fuels the multi-trillion dollar illegal drug trade and not the demand, as evident since its a freaking multi-trillion dollar market?

For someone choosing the nickname darwin you sure do not think ahead.

The largest part of people use drugs as an escape. What kind of escape ?
Look , you think your country is perfect. But as any country there are upsides and downsides. Your countries own history is the reason of your criminality.
Not because drugs is illegal. I know you do not want to read or believe that but it is the sad truth. Luckily things can still change if you all want but i doubt it.

May 11, 2008

Umm, which part? Drugs are in fact easier to get and more potent since the beginning of the war on drugs. They are not controlled in anyway so that a druggie, or a recreational user, can at the very least know the dosage he is taking. Crime associated with the drug trade is insanely high and caused solely by the extremely lucrative black market which is caused by their legal status. Tons of non-violent, productive, tax paying members of society have been turned into criminals because they use drugs in a recreational fashion.

The above is all very easily verifiable fact. The war on drugs has been an abysmal failure that has cost society far more than it claims to have saved.

Naw, lets keep them illegal so they become even MORE prevalent and MORE potent because it is extremely profitable to do so. Unfortunately, due to existing laws, extreme violence is a direct result of that market as well. Well done!

I am sure you will not address these very basic points in any meaningful way but the bottom line is this:

The war on drugs has NOT prevented drug use. Drug use has in fact risen.
The war on drugs has NOT prevented drugs from becoming stronger and cheaper.
The war on drugs HAS produced a lot of criminals out of people who were otherwise productive members of society.
The war on drugs HAS directly resulted in extreme violence on our streets. Someone was murdered due to the black market, created by the war on drugs, while I typed this post.

Exactly how does continuing the war on drugs help in any meaningful way considering its stellar performance so far?

I am not going to go through all this again. You can read my other posts what my view is on the different versions of drugs.

The war on drugs is an USA thing. In other countries there is no war on drugs. Just prevention and it works. But that is because the whole mindset of the people is different of those countries. You reap what you sow. In Europe for example, the better functioning countries have a small drug problem and there is not much criminality. Because of the life standard for all of the people and not because a few are insanely rich. Well, the insanely exists, but they do understand the importance of an elevated social structure. Only since the increasing import of people from very poor countries who have a very low quality lifestyle, criminality is rising again. Not because all of those people are criminals. No some elements, a few for whatever reason behave (as stated in my other posts as well) that way. The other just hope for a better life.
To come back to the war on drugs. WAR is just a buzz word in your country and you fail to see it. No more then a marketing scheme. "Arbeit macht frei" remember...

Look at the ghetto's in the not so long ago past for example, no work. People are being treated as less then animals. And every time they try to make a change they are forced back. What a very large part of your country has done to minorities, is part of the cause. And the result is high crime levels. It is your own "god given right" to do what you want in a free country like America that is the cause of your own problems. Learn the painful side of your own history.

Afcourse i am not speaking for all of the people in the USA. There exist wonderful and very intelligent people in the usa and i am proud to know them, have knowledge of them. However some of the posters here are not those people.

Let's legalize all drugs as you say :
And you really think that if the doses for 1 pill is established by law, it will prevent people to only take 1 pill after the addiction or dependence kicks in ?
That they will not start to take 2 pills or more ?

Last edited:
May 11, 2008
You didn't find anything in my links except the dis-assembly of your fantasy world, and no, I don't expect you to educate yourself, if you did the cornerstone of your make believe world would crumble.

Keep telling yourself that. My view is of the planet and all it's inhabitants.
Your view is based on your state.