The Opioid Crisis: Big Pharma paid strippers to seduce doctors into prescribing 60 pills a day

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
This doesn't shock me one bit. We have known for more than a decade that doctors were being bribed to over prescribe opiates. Nothing that comes out about the kickbacks will surprise me unless of course, we find out that the pharmaceutical companies are really owned by foreign nations that have put all of this into action to destroy us from within.

Reactions: ch33zw1z
Feb 4, 2009
I hope they weren’t sloppy stripper. Somehow that would make this even worse.

Honestly I’m at the point where all opioids should be banned again. Hospital use only allowed.
I feel bad for people with chronic pain but it’s like alcohol at work parties. One or two assholes ruin it for everyone.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016

Honestly I’m at the point where all opioids should be banned again. Hospital use only allowed.
I feel bad for people with chronic pain but it’s like alcohol at work parties. One or two assholes ruin it for everyone.

Weed does wonders for chronic pain. I don't even know why I pointed that out because most Reichwingers and even some lefties will say that weed is worse than opiates and will kill you faster. Which is, of course, a complete lie. The only thing that I have seen happen when someone smokes too much weed is they might kill a big bag of Doritos or a thing of Oreos or maybe drive 15 mph under the speed limit and sit at a green light for 10 seconds making sure it is safe to move.

Feb 4, 2009
Weed does wonders for chronic pain. I don't even know why I pointed that out because most Reichwingers and even some lefties will say that weed is worse than opiates and will kill you faster. Which is, of course, a complete lie. The only thing that I have seen happen when someone smokes too much weed is they might kill a big bag of Doritos or a thing of Oreos or maybe drive 15 mph under the speed limit and sit at a green light for 10 seconds making sure it is safe to move.

I know a guy whose partner died from aids, he had all sorts of problems related to his immune system and the various drugs to treat aids. Poor guy had a decade of severe pain. Only thing that had acceptable results were opioids. I hate to be the guy who says someone like that needs to suck it up and deal with it but I also don’t want to be the guy who ignores the other problems. I go to Church with a woman who lost her son to opioids, I worked with a girl who lost her brother to opioids, I worked with a guy who lost a twin Sister to opioids.
Really hard to decide who has to deal with what pain.

Nov 8, 2012
I know a guy whose partner died from aids, he had all sorts of problems related to his immune system and the various drugs to treat aids. Poor guy had a decade of severe pain. Only thing that had acceptable results were opioids. I hate to be the guy who says someone like that needs to suck it up and deal with it but I also don’t want to be the guy who ignores the other problems. I go to Church with a woman who lost her son to opioids, I worked with a girl who lost her brother to opioids, I worked with a guy who lost a twin Sister to opioids.

I watched a Joe Rogan recently with a guy that has been heavily researching Opiods who basically says it's not so much that the substances are addictive themselves, but rather society is moreso what keeps them wanting to keep going.

Worth a listen or two - gets into countries that decriminalized all of them and setup places where they can get the drugs for treatment.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000

But there are people for who opioids are the only possibility of life without horrific pain, is it THEIR fault that some big Pharma Co's got greedy?. Here's what happens, these people no longer want to face life in that kind of pain and they frequently commit suicide. Removing the pain meds means they will go into opioid withdrawal unless it's done extremely carefully, but then the pain comes back even worse. There are effective opioid treatments available, (Bupenmorphine, methadone) but these are beyond the $$ range of many addicts.

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
We can’t ban opioids and tell patients in pain to suck it up because others are abusing those drugs. That’s an idiotic answer to the crisis, advocated by the cruel and unthinking in search of a quick fix. Kind of like when Nancy told us to “Just say no.”

Any real solution will take investment in real substance abuse programs and actually treating drug abuse as a health problem rather than a criminal offense.

Personally, I’m tired of paying the monetary and humanitarian costs of incarcerating addicts. In what fucked up world do you send a cop to deal with someone who needs a doctor and medical treatment?

America needs to get over the ignorant idea that locking people up and throwing away the key is a good way to deal with our problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Donald is an exploiter and a billionaire so don't expect the government to deal with this any time soon. He's probably looking into ways he can make money from this situation.
And I doubt all this shit happened without at least a few congressmen getting their palms greased.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
I am currently taking oxycodone for pain management pending surgery to stop my lower spine from playing Jenga. Personally, I can't stand the crap but it allows me to function so I take it. The doc put me on four tabs a day to start and I've got it down to two tabs a day (1 every 12 hours). I hate the creepy-crawlies you get in your calves when you are taking a higher dose, you get used to it and it wears off before your next dose. I've smoked, dropped and snorted (but never a needle, fuck that!) just about everything out there but downers have always sucked and that's why I have always avoided them.

It doesn't surprise me one bit that the drug pimps for the drug companies are hiring strippers to sell their wares to doctors.

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
And, of course, this is big pharma’s fault. Follow the money. Greed is universal.

Sure, the addicts are responsible for their actions, but when your fellow man falls you can either help him up or kick him while he’s down.

But you don’t attack the problem by depriving those in pain of the meds they need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 8, 2012
And, of course, this is big pharma’s fault. Follow the money. Greed is universal.

Sure, the addicts are responsible for their actions, but when your fellow man falls you can either help him up or kick him while he’s down.

But you don’t attack the problem by depriving those in pain of the meds they need.

In all honestly, I do think this is a perfect example of where you can't place blame in any one spot.

Doctors are responsible for prescribing

BIg Pharma is responsible for promoting and pushing it on docs

Individuals are responsible for not understanding the implications of addictions themselves. In all honesty, I've been prescribed opiods many times from many surgeries in my life. Never have I been prescribed anything outside of reason. I never pushed for more, I never demanded more - and I took at most what I was recommended.

Definitely not a simple and easy solution IMO.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Elements in this equation should be considered no different that the cartels south of your border. They should hang.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

I see signs around Western mass that promote leaving the stigma of addiction in the past. I think this social stigma is a very big contributing factor to opiod deaths, and I support the message. It's how I'm raising my kids also. Not all drugs are equal.

1. We tend to want to shame and shun those considered weak, which leaves people battling drug addiction on their own in many cases

2. Opiods, specifically, have a narrow margin of error, coupled with unregulated street products means deaths from OD expected.

3. People addicted to opiods feel sorrow, desperation, hopelessness that someone who has never experienced addiction or opiods can't really fathom. It's a reason to try and help them, which we as a society are only starting to do in the last decade or so.

4. For those who need opiods for chronic pain relief, I support it. Anyone who can manage the pain with something less potent and addictive, I support as well. This is a big reason I support MMJ....it's not even close to the same as opiods.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009
But there are people for who opioids are the only possibility of life without horrific pain, is it THEIR fault that some big Pharma Co's got greedy?. Here's what happens, these people no longer want to face life in that kind of pain and they frequently commit suicide. Removing the pain meds means they will go into opioid withdrawal unless it's done extremely carefully, but then the pain comes back even worse. There are effective opioid treatments available, (Bupenmorphine, methadone) but these are beyond the $$ range of many addicts.

That’s the part I have a hard time with, whose pain is more valid the couple who has to deal with pain of aids complications
Or
The couples who lost a Son, Brother or Sister.

Whose pain is more legitimate. What we are doing now is not working, something different must be done.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Worth watching instead of reading the real story:

Un fucking believable!

And then those same strippers held guns to the heads of patients, and forced them to eat those pills like skittles.

I get Vicoden pretty much anytime I want. I fell down an elevator shaft about 7 years ago, dislocating my kneecap. I only take a magic bean when I absolutely have no choice. After Aleve, Tylonol, Scotch get laughed at by the pain. I take one pill.Doc gave me 12 pill 6 months ago. I still have 10 of them. You can't blame the doctors for having stupid patients.

Sometimes you just gotta get out of Darwin's way and let him do his thing.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
And then those same strippers held guns to the heads of patients, and forced them to eat those pills like skittles.

I get Vicoden pretty much anytime I want. I fell down an elevator shaft about 7 years ago, dislocating my kneecap. I only take a magic bean when I absolutely have no choice. After Aleve, Tylonol, Scotch get laughed at by the pain. I take one pill.Doc gave me 12 pill 6 months ago. I still have 10 of them. You can't blame the doctors for having stupid patients.

Sometimes you just gotta get out of Darwin's way and let him do his thing.

Good for you. you're like the .01% of humans who can stave off addiction to opiods.

Feb 4, 2009
Good for you. you're like the .01% of humans who can stave off addiction to opiods.

Plus it sounds like he doesn’t need it if he’s only used 2 in six months.

I was shocked that all my nieces and nephew were prescribed them for wisdom teeth removal. What the hell. I got Tylenol the bigger prescription kind.
I went to a party that night and didn’t have any with me, I took a couple of mydols a girl had.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Plus it sounds like he doesn’t need it if he’s only used 2 in six months.

I was shocked that all my nieces and nephew were prescribed them for wisdom teeth removal. What the hell. I got Tylenol the bigger prescription kind.
I went to a party that night and didn’t have any with me, I took a couple of mydols a girl had.

When you roll over and the pain wakes you out of a sound sleep, believe me, you definitely want one. But like I said, they're last resort.

Reactions: Bitek

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Ah I get it. Over prescription for just in case.

No, I just make them last. It's called need not want. Requires discipline. Like I said Strippers aren't holding guns to their heads to make them pop handfuls in their mouths.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009
No, I just make them last. It's called need not want. Requires discipline. Like I said Strippers aren't holding guns to their heads to make them popp handfuls in their mouths.

I think the strippers are there to get them to prescribe more.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
What is the net result if no one takes the pills?
I remember the first time I heard that heroin was making a comeback. I was like "REALLY"??? I mean after all heroin is so 60s and 70s. I think of heroin, and I get a vision of Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and their like. I remember the time when every combat pack had two syringes full of morphine to treat pain in the field. Those guys that got an arm or leg blown off in Vietnam have all the empathy I have to give.

More than a few of them came back highly addicted to opium. Vietnam combat vets were practically a cash crop for stateside drug dealers.

But these kids? Playing with this shit, just to have a good time? I say give them all to Darwin.

WilliamM2

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2012
What is the net result if no one takes the pills?
I remember the first time I heard that heroin was making a comeback. I was like "REALLY"??? I mean after all heroin is so 60s and 70s. I think of heroin, and I get a vision of Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and their like. I remember the time when every combat pack had two syringes full of morphine to treat pain in the field. Those guys that got an arm or leg blown off in Vietnam have all the empathy I have to give.

More than a few of them came back highly addicted to opium. Vietnam combat vets were practically a cash crop for stateside drug dealers.

But these kids? Playing with this shit, just to have a good time? I say give them all to Darwin.

Heroin use started to really rise when they passed laws that made the pills harder to get in 2012. Since then they have made them even harder to get in 2018. Ban the pills entirely and heroin use will go up even higher.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Heroin use started to really rise when they passed laws that made the pills harder to get in 2012. Since then they have made them even harder to get in 2018. Ban the pills entirely and heroin use will go up even higher.

Let's bring back tie dyed shirts and girls with love beads and no underwear too!

Reactions: Bitek