The Official Vice-Presidential Debate Thread

Page 24 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
That's different than Romney dominating the session with Obama how, exactly?

Oh, but Biden was a douche about it? Waaahhh!
I'm not crying about it, friend.

There was very little criticism from pundits about Romney being rude while Biden had a lot of people talking about his demeanor from lefties and righties and everybody in between.
Funny how none of our resident Righties have actually claimed that Ryan deserved better... "Don't laugh when I'm lying to you" isn't much of a defense, guys...
"Deserves" have nothing to do with it. It's how it plays to people who aren't decided that counts. In Luntz's focus group, not a single of the undecided voters went to decided based upon the debate.
If he can't hold his own with "Crazy Uncle Joe", imagine how he'd do with Putin or Netanyahu... particularly now that his empty-suitedness has been revealed...
Those guys would have discussions not something like what happened Thursday. I wouldn't want that raving, smiling, interrupting lunatic representing the USA in those meetings either. Ryan would do fine, measured, respectful.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I'm not crying about it, friend.

There was very little criticism from pundits about Romney being rude while Biden had a lot of people talking about his demeanor from lefties and righties and everybody in between.

"Deserves" have nothing to do with it. It's how it plays to people who aren't decided that counts. In Luntz's focus group, not a single of the undecided voters went to decided based upon the debate.

Those guys would have discussions not something like what happened Thursday. I wouldn't want that raving, smiling, interrupting lunatic representing the USA in those meetings either. Ryan would do fine, measured, respectful.

Lol luntz focus group? You would cut off your left arm if you thought it would make you an even bigger righty!
Is there anything from the right you disagree with? Is there anything on the right that you question?

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Lol luntz focus group? You would cut off your left arm if you thought it would make you an even bigger righty!
Is there anything from the right you disagree with? Is there anything on the right that you question?
Sure, I don't agree with the death penalty. Now what does that have to do with anything?

Are you saying you are unbiased my friend?

Are you saying that you have better data that shows people went from undecided before the vp debate to decided after? Do you have some perfectly unbiased source for this?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
So what? What is the point?

What was yours in bringing it up, other than pooh-poohing Ryan's dismal non-performance in the debate?

Luntz is a Repub party strategist, fer crissakes, and we're supposed to take his pontificating about faux "undecideds" as gospel? Really?

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
What was yours in bringing it up, other than pooh-poohing Ryan's dismal non-performance in the debate?

Luntz is a Repub party strategist, fer crissakes, and we're supposed to take his pontificating about faux "undecideds" as gospel? Really?
Who told you to do that? HMM?:colbert: Your boy is going out and the quicker you realize that the happier you'll be. Start planning the insurgency.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Who told you to do that? HMM?:colbert: Your boy is going out and the quicker you realize that the happier you'll be. Start planning the insurgency.

The Colbert reference is obscured in your post, only shows up when I quote it. You'll need to clarify.

I'm a great admirer of Colbert, whose understanding of "Truthiness" & how that plays in the minds of Righties is absolutely profound- so profound, in fact, that Righties don't & can't understand it themselves.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/20...t-scientific-pioneer-the-truth-in-truthiness/

Even after you read that, odds are that you won't let it affect your thinking in the slightest. Righties fail at introspection, at examining what they believe. They just believe, and when challenged by facts to change their minds, they just believe more fervently-

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/articles/2010/07/11/how_facts_backfire/