The Official Vice-Presidential Debate Thread

Page 22 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Bidden was super defensive, but in a good way. Did to much attacking of Ryan's positions and past and not enough talking about the current campaigns goals etc. He never really spit out a number without stumbling over it. I think he "won" by a thin margin because Ryan was timid and sucks.

looper

Golden Member
Oct 22, 1999
I felt Biden was the stronger of the two. Saw a great tweet, that Biden is like "Everyone's favorite Uncle, with the smile of a used-car salesman, but with a heart of gold". Ryan looked like a school-kid with his Dad's suit on. I felt Ryan handled himself well.

Biden immediately and effectively contested every one of Ryan's assertions through the evening.

Beware of Paul Ryan, who intentionally comes across as the all-American choir boy/Boy Scout... Meanwhile espousing the failed libertarian ideology of little/ no regulation/let corporate America do whatever they want... what caused the economic meltdown.

The guys with the suits and briefcases have stolen a billion times more money from us than the familiar scapegoated groups the Reps want 'Joe the Plumber' to focus on.

Now, with a month to go, suddenly Romney/Ryan are moderates!! HA!!

Last edited:

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
I felt Biden was the stronger of the two. Saw a great tweet, that Biden is like "Everyone's favorite Uncle, with the smile of a used-car salesman, but with a heart of gold". Ryan looked like a school-kid with his Dad's suit on.

Biden immediately and effectively contested every one of Ryan's assertions through the evening.

Beware of Paul Ryan, who intentionally comes across as the all-American choir boy/Boy Scout... Meanwhile espousing the failed libertarian ideology of little/ no regulation/let corporate America do whatever they want... what caused the economic meltdown.

The guys with the suits and briefcases have stolen a billion times more money from us than the familiar scapegoated groups the Reps want 'Joe the Plumber' to focus on.

Now, with a month to go, suddenly Romney/Ryan are moderates!! HA!!

You ment to say the people on welrare didn't you . The suite have hurt us . But not as much as white trashy types on welfare

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
You ment to say the people on welrare didn't you . The suite have hurt us . But not as much as white trashy types on welfare

Detail the ways in which the "white trashy types on welfare" have hurt us, please.

If possible, contrast those ways to how the "suits" have hurt us.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
no doubt the "angry white guy" bidden won the goofy grin contest and satisfied the mud and muck liberal base. In your heart of hearts..do you really want something like bidden a heart beat away from the presidency?? No doubt bidden epitomizes today's democrat party. The party of condescension and small thinkers.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Bidden is garbage he's pro NDAA just like all these other assholes and he practically wrote the patriot act, he supported SOPA not that the idiots running against him are any better, but if you vote for a ticket with Bidden and you are against those things, you are a fucking idiot

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Independent and Non-Committed Voter Reaction to Biden Debate Laughter -

biden-smile-debate-ap.jpg

Biden laughs at the prospect of a nuclear Iran:

7996562044_aa25af9165_o_540x405.jpg

Biden laughs at American Ambassador death in Benghazi, Libya:

8044713209_e6f90e9a22_o_540x405.jpg

Biden laughs at massive tax increase coming in January, 2013:

7930842772_4460b1b2de_o_1_540x405.jpg

Biden laughs at continuing high unemployment rates:

8020059838_8752e2a3be_o_540x405.jpg

Biden laughs at Democrat abortion on demand stand:

8044713055_f10d06b813_o_540x405.jpg

Last edited:

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Ryan lost. Ryan lost. Ryan lost. Ryan lost. Ryan lost. Ryan lost. Ryan lost.

Yep and you can shout it from the highest mountain. It won't change the facts. Even tho neither gave us anything of substance Ryan said more about what they want to do than did biden ./ BS is easily created . Sometimes one has to demonstrate just that . In a lion den be the meanest lion . In a BS feast be the best BSer

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006

Hep kill your unborn child , Secret to a good life

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Detail the ways in which the "white trashy types on welfare" have hurt us, please.

If possible, contrast those ways to how the "suits" have hurt us.

From what segment of the population were crime is the greatest. What segment do they come from . how many extra police how much money do they take out of the open markets vs the black market

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Ryan lost. Ryan lost. Ryan lost. Ryan lost. Ryan lost. Ryan lost. Ryan lost.

he did a fine job in the face of incompetence and idiocy in addition to tolerating the stacked deck the moderator presented. Liberals have lots of friends in low places and bidden certainly lives up to that standard.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Have not looked at all of the rightie responses...have any significant numbers admitted their boy lost as the lefties did in the first debate?

Yreka

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
Wow, what a waste. Both ducked questions which hurt them and instead with "Oh yeah? What about THAT."

What is disappointing is that there will be people who think one or the other was spot on and deserves to be elected.

I see two clowns who left their big shoes and makeup home.

This X2

Biden is a douche, but we knew that ahead of time. He did not make one salient point, just alot of LOUUUUD NOOIISSEES.. I think this will rouse the Dem base a bit, but that's about it. Lots of high fiveiing from those who's sports team just chicken-walked into the endzone and autographed the camera lens.

Ryan on the other hand looked like a little boy. Any points he may have made in the fiscal or FP area were immediately thrown out (by any sane person) when it came to Religion / Abortion.. I about face-palmed through the back of my head when he restated Romney's position on the topic..

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

biden-smile-debate-ap.jpg

Hate and disgust hate and disgust hate and disgust, that's the conservative way, surrender to the most primitive and animalistic parts of the reptilian brain. Seeing it in action makes the frontal lobe of the cerebral cortex that makes us human laugh its ass off. Conservatives with all their smug superiority are just diddlers of their lizards.

D-Man

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 1999
Merriam-Webster BARRACKING Jeer loudly at (someone performing or speaking in public) in order to express disapproval or to create a distraction.

Wow our President and his VP already have a word in the dictionary to describe Biden's behavior. Barack/ Barracking

Biden interrupts Ryan 82 Times and complains about not getting equal talking time.

Even though most do not believe this debate swayed undecided voters many were not pleased with Biden's Rude behavior. When these people are deciding I would bet Biden's Clown Act will be in the back of their Minds myself included.

Breaking news has it that the College of Clowning Arts has contacted Biden to offer him a Honorary Degree. One student said you can only see this act equaled in a Mental Hospital and you really have to drug a patient to get there.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Here are excerpts from Esquire's debate commentary: http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/paul-ryan-debate-joe-biden-13626962

...On foreign policy, Ryan occasionally rose, gasping, to the level of obvious neophyte. (He was more lost in Afghanistan than the Russian army ever was.) On domestic policy, his alleged wheelhouse, he was vague, untruthful, and he walked right into a haymaker he should have seen coming from a mile off, when he started bloviating about Biden's role in the "failed" stimulus program, only to have Biden slap him around with Ryan's own requests for stimulus money for his home district back in Wisconsin. He also made it quite clear that a Romney-Ryan White House will do everything it can to eliminate a woman's right to choose. This should make for some fine television commercials over the next few weeks...

...He was for full privatization of Social Security. He was for the absolute elimination of the defined-benefit Medicare and Medicaid programs. Since being selected, it has become clear that the Romney people have forced him to soften these positions. (His stance on Medicare, for example, has evolved from Kill It Now to Arrange for Its Slow Death Later.) On Thursday night, Biden dragged out the old Paul Ryan — and, I would argue, the real Paul Ryan — and put him on display, and he made the new Paul Ryan own him...

...Ryan got hit on the stimulus. He looked ridiculous trying to defend his refusal to specify what "loopholes" he and Romney plan to close to make the magic arithmetic in their tax plan work; Raddatz treed him completely on the mortgage-interest deduction, on the elimination of which neither Ryan nor his running mate will commit to a position. He looked even more ridiculous when Biden started pounding him on his career-long quest to end Medicare and throw old people onto the tender mercies of large insurance companies. Biden kept saying "vouchers" until Ryan, at one point, said, "It's not a voucher. A voucher is a check you get in your mailbox"...

...And this is the issue on which Paul Ryan is supposed to be Genius on roller skates. This was humiliating enough, but when they started talking about war and peace, specifically in Afghanistan, Ryan looked like a toddler trying to cross the Hindu Kush...

...He gave Biden the chance to ask him if he preferred that American soldiers carry the fighting in the worst parts of the country rather than Afghan troops, a devastating comeback for which Ryan had no answer...

...Joe Biden laughed at him? Of course, he did. The only other option was to hand him a participation ribbon and take him to Burger King for lunch...
Ryan looked especially weak on national security and foreign affairs, mirroring Palin's results on the same subjects 4 years ago.

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Hate and disgust hate and disgust hate and disgust, that's the conservative way, surrender to the most primitive and animalistic parts of the reptilian brain. Seeing it in action makes the frontal lobe of the cerebral cortex that makes us human laugh its ass off. Conservatives with all their smug superiority are just diddlers of their lizards.

philosoraptor-meme-generator-moonbeam-non-diddler-ee573d.jpg

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
It was a wash.

I am in the undecided (don't like romney but not sold on Obama). Biden came off as childish. The laughter made him look foolish and the interruptions make him to impatient. nothing i want as president. to be honest though i never liked Biden. I do think i would like him as a neighbor but not as president..if that makes sense heh

Ryan had a oppturnity and failed to capitalize on it.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
It was a wash.

I am in the undecided (don't like romney but not sold on Obama). Biden came off as childish. The laughter made him look foolish and the interruptions make him to impatient. nothing i want as president. to be honest though i never liked Biden. I do think i would like him as a neighbor but not as president..if that makes sense heh

Ryan had a oppturnity and failed to capitalize on it.
To this I can agree. Ryan shouldn't have allowed Biden to push him around like he did.