The Official Vice-Presidential Debate Thread

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 19, 2001
I can see your point and I think that is a pretty likely. But I do not think anyone thinks Bidens forte is being cordial and subdued. So it might not be green lighted as much as Biden got lucky they needed him to be himself. A dick. He's just not likable as a person.

People keep comparing Romney and Biden. I thought Romney was Good and Obama was just bad. Romney drove that debate because the president refused to do so. Biden Hijacked the dialog by interruping and getting loud.
The Moderator was undisiplined and in over her head. Biden Just got louded and Louder... In my experience when people get loud but don't say much they depend on their volume and not their content.

That's what I've been saying. Biden just looked out of control. I ask how many people here did National Forensics League? AKA Speech & debate? Ever done policy debate or even Lincoln Douglas? Ryan looked composed like someone who was hitting point after point.

Biden treated this like a joke and laughed on. He got Ryan on some points but for most of the debate he was just playing out to emotion and screaming at the top of his lungs for attention. He failed to refute facts or lies that Ryan spewed out and just shouted his populist agenda. Yeah, you're a good cheerleader Joe Biden, but you seriously lack intellect to carry out an intelligent conversation.

I mean this is why he couldn't manhandle Sarah Palin. She's an easy target. If you throw reason out there, it's easy to squash her. If Ryan or Romney went against Palin, it'd be complete catastrophe for her. You see how Biden lacks in being able to zing people and to refute facts with better facts. That's why he couldn't handle Ryan.

At the same time I think Ryan was struggling with Biden because how do you compete with a guy who just shouts and brings no content? I felt like Ryan was bringing content the whole debate. When he got trapped he strategically didn't let himself fall. Biden would lose control when getting cornered and just scream. Its ridiculous.

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
I find it humorous that the things people are criticizing Biden on are the EXACT things that irritated Obama supporters in the first presidential debate.

Biden won, get on his level son!

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I'm watching this debate again and second view it's obvious Biden understands and relates to people as he speaks.
Ryan is like pulling a string on a talking puppet.
Ryan's response is straight from the right wing talking points.
That is why Ryan shows absolutely no emotion.
Really Scary !!!!!

Joe Biden asks who do you trust on these issues?
Who has the history of protecting the middle class?

Ryan, again, pulling the puppet string and blab bulb blab.
And Ryan refuses to answer the big questions.
1. Can you guarantee the middle class home mortgage deduction will not be touched by your and Romney's tax plan?
Ryan's response, changed subject. Dodge question. Do Not answer the question.

Then Paul Ryan wants people to buy into the idea that republicans are concerned about the middle class. All while pushing their insurance that the upper millionaires get their big cut.
And Ryan can not explain how that will be paid for.
But we know... Don't we....!

On second view, this debate is carbon copy of the very last debate when Mitt Romney was trying to feed Americans this same old line.

Pull the string. Pull the string.....

Re watch the debate.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Sorry sportage, but the 8th Amendment doesn't allow anyone to have to re-watch the debate.

8th Amendment- Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

openwheel

Platinum Member
Apr 30, 2012
I love it when Biden simply ignores the bull$hiiiT figures, and just ask America to go from their guts.

As someone who is very good with math, I just hate listening to numbers that don't make sense. From both sides. Just vote with your guts people. Who do you trust most? Which party have brainwashed you since you were a little kid? Just vote for that candidate.

openwheel

Platinum Member
Apr 30, 2012
It really worries me that Romney/Ryan refuse to guarantee home mortgage deduction.
I couldn't believe Ryan dodged that question and switched subject.
As a republican, that was a no brainer. This truly is worrisome.

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007
I identify myself conservative fiscally and on national defense, but liberal on other issues like abortion, marijuana, gay marriage, and a few other things....

THAT being said, Ryan just reeked of slimy politician. That stupid smile, deflecting everything, he just came off as insincere and like he was speaking from memorized facts and statements.

Of course I don't for a second think that Biden isn't a slimeball politician as well, he's just better at it.

No politicians fool me, I don't get sucked in anymore. I just admire the communication skills and acting skills more from some than others.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
I'm watching this debate again and second view it's obvious Biden understands and relates to people as he speaks.
Ryan is like pulling a string on a talking puppet.
Ryan's response is straight from the right wing talking points.
That is why Ryan shows absolutely no emotion.
Really Scary !!!!!

Joe Biden asks who do you trust on these issues?
Who has the history of protecting the middle class?

Ryan, again, pulling the puppet string and blab bulb blab.
And Ryan refuses to answer the big questions.
1. Can you guarantee the middle class home mortgage deduction will not be touched by your and Romney's tax plan?
Ryan's response, changed subject. Dodge question. Do Not answer the question.

Then Paul Ryan wants people to buy into the idea that republicans are concerned about the middle class. All while pushing their insurance that the upper millionaires get their big cut.
And Ryan can not explain how that will be paid for.
But we know... Don't we....!

On second view, this debate is carbon copy of the very last debate when Mitt Romney was trying to feed Americans this same old line.

Pull the string. Pull the string.....

Re watch the debate.

This is why I am voting obummer The MAJORITY agree with him . So I want these people to reap what obummer sows. When you here my laughter in your dreams you will try to end me at least thats what scripture says . My laughter will torment you for 3 1/2 years. Its almost time for the show to start . I going to up the anti TONIGHT fuck around with the frequency a bit see what it brings over the next couple of days

Last edited:

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
This is why I am voting obummer The MAJORITY agree with him . So I want these people to reap what obummer sows. When you here my laughter in your dreams you will try to end me at least thats what scripture says . My laughter will torment you for 3 1/2 years. Its almost time for the show to start . I going to up the anti TONIGHT fuck around with the frequency a bit see what it brings over the next couple of days
So you don't mind if your grand kids get thrown under the bus in the meantime?

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
You guys think I like Ron paul as I lead you to believe. I don't like him at all . I just didn't want to live my fate . Paul would have changed that . I knew in my heart how it would turn out . Paul fans I love liberty . But dam people you should think things threw Paul wants the fed Gone . The fed came in to being in dec 1913 Rothschild being the largest share holder in the fed . Rothschild care about one thing and one thing only GOLD ,The Charter is a 100 year charter around the same time Rothschild and the Britts made a deal to restore Israel . Doesn't matter it took till 47 . The deal was made in 1913 . Stupid asses. The charter will not be renewed WERE bankrupt poor ignorant bastards. WE will want it renewed its the banks that will not renew . They already have our gold thats why the tungston filled gold bars, Guess who the united states goes after. The Britts

Last edited:

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
So you don't mind if your grand kids get thrown under the bus in the meantime?

Nothing happens to my family they will be safe. The Hebrew god is coming . You think a man can stop this your insane to believe that. Behind the hebrew god My father comes. For 31/2 years the hebrew god shall hold authority, I one crazy man don't you think .

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
What no Republican will say publicly is that their party as a whole does not support the New Deal. They are not fans of Medicare or Social Security. If elected they will do everything in their power to defund these programs and ultimately dismantle them.

I'd have a lot more respect for these neo-conservatives if they would just out and say this instead of hiding it under the ruse of "premium support".

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
LOL Why do conservatives have such a difficult time admitting the truth? We are seeing it play out here right now. Ryan is getting his ass kicked just like Obama with the notable exception that liberals could freely admit what everyone was watching on TV.

The scientific answer is that conservatives experience something we can call truthiness, a feeling in the gut that they are not only right but better than others because they feel that way. Thus they are not capable of being objective because being wrong would make them feel worthless. They have great emotional skin in the game. It makes them psychopathic liars and hypocrites, denizens of an altered reality. They use their intelligence to defend their illusions rather than reason about it. They also have the charming trait of becoming more delusional the harder they are pressed. They get better and better at being sick. We see such folk all over this forum.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
Biden kicked Ryan's ass.

IMHO, if you think differently, you must not recognize when Ryan was spouting bullshit.

randomrogue

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2011
What the hell are you insane , Biden said he believes life begins at conception. That means be believes your murdering a living being . what year this is has nothing to do with it ,, But what a mman he is willing to pass laws that allow public murder . that makes all who vote abortion are murders no way around that , You can do a red herring alll day long its on tape . Biden willing to go to hell for americans what a man

You're obviously a religious man so I won't try to change your mind in anything since that is clearly impossible however I will present some logic.

Why is it bad to kill a fetus in the first trimester but ok to kill a whole bunch of civilians as collateral damage when we hunt down taliban and aq?

Are you prepared to admit that the whole USA military is going to hell?

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
You're obviously a religious man so I won't try to change your mind in anything since that is clearly impossible however I will present some logic.

Why is it bad to kill a fetus in the first trimester but ok to kill a whole bunch of civilians as collateral damage when we hunt down taliban and aq?

Are you prepared to admit that the whole USA military is going to hell?

YOU trained the Taliban and the dog bit ya . Your killing innocent women and children The Children really pisses me off . To top it off I just discoverd the time line my father shortened it This day. Hang on your about to know fear like you can't in your wildest dreams imagine. Tell me all About the USA since WW2 . Who made you an authority over the earth . You have no authority my father gave you no authority. The one the Christ told you you has authority over the earth. the one that follows after the christ. My father never gave the Pope any authority and the christ did not give anyone authority over the earth, The prophets are you for real . They had no authority over the earth . You people have embraced every lie and rejected truth . My father created you and has authority to judgeyou , No other can judge you . Men have taken from you free will and you allowed it . When this was the greatest Gift my father could extend to you . You refuse to take responsiability for yourselves. You reject the laws of nature so you rejject my father . Your sufferring shall be the greatest that any men have known or will ever know. Earlier I raised the frequency of the earth just abit , But I am going to go higher . Hang on its not going to be fun , But justice will be served

Last edited:

randomrogue

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2011
YOU trained the Taliban and the dog bit ya . Your killing innocent women and children The Children really pisses me off . To top it off I just discoverd the time line my father shortened it This day. Hang on your about to know fear like you can't in your wildest dreams imagine. Tell me all About the USA since WW2 . Who made you an authority over the earth . You have no authority my father gave you no authority. The one the Christ told you you has authority over the earth. the one that follows after the christ. My father never gave the Pope any authority and the christ did not give anyone authority over the earth, The prophets are you for real . They had no authority over the earth . You people have embraced every lie and rejected truth . My father created you and has authority to judgeyou , No other can judge you . Men have taken from you free will and you allowed it . When this was the greatest Gift my father could extend to you . You refuse to take responsiability for yourselves. You reject the laws of nature so you rejject my father . Your sufferring shall be the greatest that any men have known or will ever know. Earlier I raised the frequency of the earth just abit , But I am going to go higher . Hang on its not going to be fun , But justice will be served

I reported you. This is madness - whether genetic or chemically induced - it's not needed here.

Dec 10, 2005

You don't ride the NYC Subway by any chance? Which train will you be performing on today?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
In the debate the only person to PROVE he was a phony was biden on the abortion issue. He said life beginns at conception . He said he believes this yet he is willing to sacriffic his immortal spirit so other Americans could murder unborn living children because of their beliefs are lack of beliefs. Thats one phony mother fucker

So who was the last Republican proposing women and doctors get charged with murder after an abortion?

Trying to have it both ways?

Last edited:

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
I love it when Biden simply ignores the bull$hiiiT figures, and just ask America to go from their guts.

As someone who is very good with math, I just hate listening to numbers that don't make sense. From both sides. Just vote with your guts people. Who do you trust most? Which party have brainwashed you since you were a little kid? Just vote for that candidate.

Joe Biden was right, Paul Ryan's numbers were BS. He was telling America to use common sense. Common sense says you can't cut taxes for everybody, keep taxes high on the rich, lower taxes on the rich, lower taxes on the poor, raise taxes on the 47%, and reduce the deficit all at the same time.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Sorry sportage, but the 8th Amendment doesn't allow anyone to have to re-watch the debate.

8th Amendment- Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

All else being the same about it, what if the debate was another clear win for Romney/Ryan? Would you still think it was cruel and unusual punishment to watch?

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
Biden kicked Ryan's ass.

IMHO, if you think differently, you must not recognize when Ryan was spouting bullshit.

And you didn't notice your own guy slinging the slag?

Considering that Ryan had to debate Biden and the moderator, he did a reasonable job of holding his own.

If they ever make a movie out the this years campaign, I hope they get Christopher Lloyd to play Biden. He'd be perfect for the part.

Irrespective of who gets scored the winner of this debate, I seriously doubt it will greatly affect the outcome of the election.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
All else being the same about it, what if the debate was another clear win for Romney/Ryan? Would you still think it was cruel and unusual punishment to watch?

I would. I have no desire to relive those 90 minutes of my life, tyvm.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
I know god how I know , I just don't understand why your mother didn't abort you . the world would have been a better place. If my daughter didn't want her child I would have paid for everthing and raised the child . As it was I asked her to give me a grandchild of any race . Even if out of wedlock . We are all vary happy how things turned out , MY wife and myself asked our children not to have children until in 30's both did as we asked

Personal appeals/attacks aside, well, thats good for you that you can do that for your daughter. Most people in those sort of desperate situations cannot. Its much easier to dismiss people who decide that when you cannot fathom their situation. Its great to live in Lake Woebegone. And the race bit there? Wtf? Pull your head out of your ass. Speaking of someone whose wife may one day have to resort to abortion for medical reasons despite the fact that we want children, you have some nerve to attack the administration's position here.