The Official PS4 Thread

Page 25 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Silver Prime

Golden Member
May 29, 2012
what kind of software, other than games, can you purchase that runs and executes on the ps2?

Have you even owned a Ps2? The Usb ports could give the Ps2 Unlimited different softwares to be used, things that werent even compatiable with sony could be used through its Usb ports.

Software definition:
1.(Electronics & Computer Science / Computer Science) Computing the programs that can be used with a particular computer system Compare hardware
2. (Electronics) video cassettes and discs for use with a particular video system
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/software

It could mean literally any device's software of the hundreds to thousands, to tens of thousands of different software/devices could be hooked up through its Usb Out-lit which I remember people doing things with the Ps2 that wasent even on its manuel (book). Which I even remember a friend who owned a broken ps2 an used it just to recharge his electronics through its outlits, Oh the ironey.

Face-palm.

Thanks you made my day, I think I'm done with you.

Chow ^_^

Last edited:

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Have you even owned a Ps2? The Usb ports could give the Ps2 Unlimited different softwares to be used, things that werent even compatiable with sony could be used though its Usb ports.

Face-palm.

Chow ^_^

QFS

(quoted for stupidity)

at least you've just confirmed you been trolling us the whole time though.

Silver Prime

Golden Member
May 29, 2012
Yeah, like you were able to share your vast intelligents on the word Gimmick.

Talk about Stupid. XD XD

Tootles ^_^

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Yeah... a noob, that relys on wikipedia instead of common knowledge by "Experince"
Are you saying your "experince" trumps wikipedia?
literally any device's software of the hundreds to thousands, to tens of thousands of different software/devices could be hooked up through its Usb Out-lit
That is why the PS2 is so good. Although it is a gimmick, I have been running Windows 9 on it for months and it runs it like a champ. This is not even in its manuel and yet it still runs via its USB out-lits.

Silver Prime

Golden Member
May 29, 2012
Are you saying your "experince" trumps wikipedia?That is why the PS2 is so good. Although it is a gimmick, I have been running Windows 9 on it for months and it runs it like a champ. This is not even in its manuel and yet it still runs via its USB out-lits.

Heck no,

just saying its not as reliable as asking for credability as of (Root source's), its a waste of time to belive anyone who uses wiki, espeacially now days when everyone is just using it to brag, only its manufactures should have a say in explaining there statistics. Wikipedia can be changed by anyone with a wiki account at any given time, witout any credentials to do so, I proved that with the L vs T thread.

As for the 1.5 billion units, I also already stated most were 2nd an third party games, to make a claim that Sony sold 1.5 billion games of strictly sony brand, not square enix, capcom ect ect is laughable, because they only sold around 2,000 different title'd games, the numbers wont add up that high. If so name the line ups that were first party games that got them to just one billion, an I mean a creditable site that gives its stats showing each games sales. I dought there is even 3/5ths the amount of 1.5 billion in terms first party games.

Silver Prime

Golden Member
May 29, 2012
Hmm: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4530930.stmWith things called facts. If you don't like what wiki says, look at the source it cites, as most wiki articles have many sources.

Wiki is a joke, look upoun any subject theres literaly a Edit button on everysingle one of its content.

an Uhhh? The sources wiki states as in its refferences, arnt usually from reliable places either, I just proved that with the lion vs tiger thread,

Example:

wiki states the romans in the ancient times favored the tiger to win, I looked up its refference, an the book was written by a man of our era in 1994, even though it does not say its a novel by no means is this man a historian, no means a theologian, no means of any factual evidence a remnent, a scripture, a artifact a alibie of anything to make it creditable or in other words as you said.... facts, it was merely an opinion. Yet wikipedia refuses to accept the same conjuction of the lattar?

Wikipedia can be edited by a kid, by a person who dosent have efficent rule-ing to do so, which also leads to bias information, mis-translations, mis-ineterpting. I almost never get my info from wikipedia. Let alone do I use so loosely the word.... Facts.

Last edited:

badb0y

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2010
Have you even owned a Ps2? The Usb ports could give the Ps2 Unlimited different softwares to be used, things that werent even compatiable with sony could be used through its Usb ports.

Software definition:
1.(Electronics & Computer Science / Computer Science) Computing the programs that can be used with a particular computer system Compare hardware
2. (Electronics) video cassettes and discs for use with a particular video system
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/software

It could mean literally any device's software of the hundreds to thousands, to tens of thousands of different software/devices could be hooked up through its Usb Out-lit which I remember people doing things with the Ps2 that wasent even on its manuel (book). Which I even remember a friend who owned a broken ps2 an used it just to recharge his electronics through its outlits, Oh the ironey.

Face-palm.

Chow ^_^

LOL thanks for this I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

Silver Prime

Golden Member
May 29, 2012
Thats good you dident fall out your chair, it would have been in vein, the other guy just aided my gesture of the Ps2's Gimmick, he just said he ran his windows on his Ps2 Quote: like a champ. lol

Please, if you dont have anything of credability to your claims, keep your thoughts to your self, because your fake laughing is pure comedy to others, because they know you arnt...its just your insecurity getting the best of you.

XD XD

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
LOL thanks for this I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

lol i didn't even see his edit of trying to explain what software is and how 'unlimited' software can run on the ps2 because of usb ports.

or how he thinks charging a usb device on a ps2 has software running on that device lol.

hope he keeps posting so we can get more of these gems.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Thats good you dident fall out your chair, it would have been in vein, the other guy just aided my gesture of the Ps2's Gimmick, he just said he ran his windows on his Ps2 Quote: like a champ. lol

LOL awesome he keeps them coming.

Silver Prime

Golden Member
May 29, 2012
lol i didn't even see his edit of trying to explain what software is and how 'unlimited' software can run on the ps2 because of usb ports.

or how he thinks charging a usb device on a ps2 has software running on that device lol.

hope he keeps posting so we can get more of these gems.

Actually your explaination about what a gimmick was, was the size of the Hope Diamond.

XD

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
search for 'alkymest' on these forums to get some lessons on how to troll. you need some work.

Silver Prime

Golden Member
May 29, 2012
search for 'alkymest' on these forums to get some lessons on how to troll. you need some work.

Geez, I make one mistake an you start the drillin process? I did try to talk about comparing the Ps3 with the Ps4 in terms what the sales will be, so I dont feel the need to take any singing lessons from your troll intsructor.

But thanks. lol

Any who, ya mind gettin back on topic? I think the Ps4 will be medicore at best, doesnt Pc games hold higher graphics at this point in terms what the ps4 will offer? So whats your take in how it will be succsessful???

dagamer34

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2005
Can we get this thread back on topic please and leave the ranting for some place else? :rolleyes:

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
I don't think Microsoft is going to have their head in the game next round. I see PS4 doing very well. The market is starved for a new box, in my opinion.

Silver Prime

Golden Member
May 29, 2012
Can we get this thread back on topic please and leave the ranting for some place else? :rolleyes:

Right.

So what do you think will be its concept art? Perhaps they might still go with this one...
timthumb.php

If so, what will that negate on the so call confirmed controller posted by the T.S, an wasent there speculations that they were going to do away with CD's or are they optional?

I think thats still a cool concept art, a bit dangerous if its truley glass, but still pretty cool. I just wanna see some revivals, a line up of..

-Legend of the Dragoon's
-Remakes or sequels of final fantasy 4-10 + Tactics in HD
-Mega man legends
-Spyro the dragon
-Devil may cry
-Kingdom hearts
-Twisted Metal
-Star ocean

an I’m good.