The Official Daytona 500 Thread!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BlackTigers

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2006
Stewart jumped down to block Kyle, and lost it as soon as he did that.

Damn, what an ending.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Originally posted by: BlackTigers91
Stewart jumped down to block Kyle, and lost it as soon as he did that.

Damn, what an ending.

Those that work as a team win more often than those who dont.

12 and 2 placed 1 and 2 because Stewart and Kyle didnt work together those last few laps. Gibbs could have finished 1, 2 if Stewart didnt attempt to block Kyle. Sure he would have came in second, but 2nd is better than 3rd.

sonoma1993

Diamond Member
May 31, 2004
was a very good ending, if stewart would have stayed in front of Newman, he would have most likely won the Daytona 500.

it is good to see Ryan Newman back in Victory Lane

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Boogity boogity boogity? :roll: God I'd love to jam a jagged piece of steel through the neck of the guy who coined that stupid phrase. :|

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Boogity boogity boogity? :roll: God I'd love to jam a jagged piece of steel through the neck of the guy who coined that stupid phrase. :|

Heh... That's Darrell Waltrip's catch phrase. I make sure to put it in every NASCAR topic I post, because I love the comments that I get on it :)

Midnight Rambler

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
It looks like Montoya is up to his old tricks

More like his detractors are up to their old tricks.

Instant replay clearly showed that it was knucklehead Harvick who punted the car ahead, not JPM. JPM actually ran a decent race strategy and was in position until that late restart after which he got caught in the "sucker" lane (aka middle) and got passed by a dozen or more cars.