----------THE OFFICIAL CURRENTLY PLAYING THREAD------------

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

reerun

Dec 13, 2007
The Witcher - great storyline and the gameplay is pretty fun. Surprising how little actual combat you need to be involved in though in areas I'm expecting to get whomped on. Note that unlike many RPGs there isn't as much loot to collect and I rather like amassing a fortune from killing bad guys! So that is a negative but I still keep getting pulled back to the Witcher whenever I start to stray for a couple hours.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Team Fortress 2 - when I feel up for multiplayer.
STALKER - just finished it, loved it.
Crysis - just finished it, loved it.
Bioshock - playing it now, it's different than I thought it would be but I'm really enjoying it.
The Witcher - in the mail on its way to me
Baldur's Gate/ToTSC/BGII/ToB - Installed on my laptop for whenever I'm mobile and feel like some gaming.

BlueAcolyte

Platinum Member
Nov 19, 2007
Orange box when I can connect to the router on my gaming computer (no wireless) and install steam...

Supreme commander forged alliance when I can connect to the internet, campaign starts getting boring, but better than original.

Super Mario Galaxy

Err... Some old handheld RPGs like golden sun.

Piuc2020

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2005
I'm playing Call of Duty 4 and Gears of War PC, I'm loving CoD4 but Gears of War... not so much, the first 10 minutes bored me to death, hopefully it gets better later on.

I'm also playing Yoshi's Island on the DS but the game is getting on my nerves, it's not nearly as good as the SNES iteration.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
STALKER

I like it a lot, although it took me forever to get through the first level (cordon?) because it kept crashing to desktop :confused: Ive only had one crash since getting out of there

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Jade Empire

also sometimes trying to finish NFS:MW and also have an NHL 08 season going on the PS2.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
TF2 (almost daily), Mythos, and LOTRO once a week with my regular group.

KT

ForSciGuy

Oct 21, 2007
Star Wars: Forces Unleashed?I keep playing the new trailer (webdoc3)?does that count? (The crap part is I just spent all of my money on building a PC and now I will be forced to save for a next gen console?I guess I will be able to play Mass Effect then, which I REALLY REALLY want to play.)

Outside of that:
Crysis
World in Conflict
Civ IV

And my bro wants me to start up WoW again (I played for a year about 2 years ago, but was always pissed spending $15/month when I would sometimes go weeks without playing. I got Guild Wars a few months ago but it is not as good (although I really like the heroes)).

On my list to get:
The Orange Box
COD4
Gears of War

Piuc2020

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2005
The Orange Box is great you will enjoy that tons, CoD4 too but you might be slightly dissapointed by Gears of War.

Anyways, I'm playing through Crysis, already beat it on hard but now I'm giving Delta a go and trying to see what new routes I can discover in levels, aside from that I've really been enjoying playing through Portal, the puzzles get old but GLaDOS is such a great character and it really enhances the game, plus 3rd party maps are also fun to play.

I was replaying Bioshock but completed the Fort Frolic level and lost interest (since pretty much everything after that is not as good in my opinion if you already know the plot twists).

On the DS I've been playing Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney and just finished the 4th case... the game is awesome, the quality of writing is just excellent and everything is done right from the way graphics and music cues are used to the testimonies and the situations and the way every case is much more than it tells at the start.

My next games might be Viva Pinata (PC) or Unreal Tournament 3 though Sins of the Solar Empire looks great as well... maybe I'll just get Phoenix Wright Justice For All for my DS :)

Sumguy

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2007
I took a break from Bioshock, bought Orange Box and DLed the Crysis demo. Crysis didn't look too entertaining, but since I have 400gb of space left I might as well leave it there for now and come back to it later.

Beat Portal in 4 hours. And then there was cake. I ate it with my companion box. I have to say it is probably the best game I've played for quite a while, even with the shortness.

Right now I'm gonna embarrass myself on TF2.

ja1484

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2007

Trying to figure out something to play at the moment.

Played everything good recently, trying to decide if Crysis is worth buying with that horrible sounding second-half. Downloading the Witcher Demo, but not expecting to be impressed too much.

Online poker at UltimateBet is getting most of my attention lately....STALKER: Clear Sky needs to hurry up and get here. I need something to play.

Dec 10, 2005
I'm between playing campaigns of Heroes of Might and Magic III, StarCraft + BW (single and mp), and Icewind Dale II.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Originally posted by: ForSciGuy
Star Wars: Forces Unleashed?I keep playing the new trailer (webdoc3)?does that count? (The crap part is I just spent all of my money on building a PC and now I will be forced to save for a next gen console?I guess I will be able to play Mass Effect then, which I REALLY REALLY want to play.)

Outside of that:
Crysis
World in Conflict
Civ IV

And my bro wants me to start up WoW again (I played for a year about 2 years ago, but was always pissed spending $15/month when I would sometimes go weeks without playing. I got Guild Wars a few months ago but it is not as good (although I really like the heroes)).

On my list to get:
The Orange Box
COD4
Gears of War

I'll admit that The Force Unleashed looks pretty cool:
http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/#
But its console only and they already made it clear elsewhere this is NOT the next installment of Jedi Knight.
Its possible this game will look pretty and end up not being much fun to play OR this will be one of the very few titles that makes console fanboys gloat over their exclusive game which also happens to kick ass.

I can only hope its really good and they make good port to Windows with it, which is the least likely scenario.