The Official ATLHC (Anandtech Left-Handed Club)

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Pat yourself on the back with your left hand (or give a lefty buddy a high five with your left, of course), if you're a lefty!
Scissors might be our mortal enemies, but we get advantages in things like boxing and baseball.

I am proclaiming myself as the benevolent dictator/president of the club.
@Fanatical Meat is the secretary and has already organized the November meeting here.

Cheers, mates!

Feb 4, 2009
Pat yourself on the back with your left hand (or give a lefty buddy a high five with your left, of course), if you're a lefty!
Scissors might be our mortal enemies, but we get advantages in things like boxing and baseball.

I am proclaiming myself as the benevolent dictator/president of the club.
@Fanatical Meat is the secretary and has already organized the November meeting here.

Cheers, mates!

As long as I don’t need to answer @ch33zw1z the Minister of information, I’m in!

When I saw this episode, I was on to the joke immediately
My wife who hates this said something about what a horrible show. I told her to wait, I know it is not going to be how it looks.

Feb 4, 2009
still haunts to me to this day when i saw a classmate hold a pencil in his left hand

Dude you have no idea of the struggle. I learned to hold a pencil by copying a kid who sat next to me who knew how to write. Teacher was absolutely clueless.
Basically a 5 year old kid taught me how to hold a pen

• Wow
Reactions: Fenixgoon

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
Dude you have no idea of the struggle. I learned to hold a pencil by copying a kid who sat next to me who knew how to write. Teacher was absolutely clueless.
heh thats awesome

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
if it makes you feel any better. I was held back in kindergarten

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

special lady friend grew up under Russian occupation. As you may (or may not know), there were officially "no left-handed people" in all of the Soviet Union. ...(just like mentally disabled, crippled, homosexuals, etc). you know, that kind of thing...

Her brother is actually left handed and in grade school, had to sit there with his left hand tied around his torso and was forced to learn how to write with his right hand.

Feb 4, 2009
special lady friend grew up under Russian occupation. As you may (or may not know), there were officially "no left-handed people" in all of the Soviet Union. ...(just like mentally disabled, crippled, homosexuals, etc). you know, that kind of thing...

Her brother is actually left handed and in grade school, had to sit there with his left hand tied around his torso and was forced to learn how to write with his right hand.

Yeah my Dad who is left handed couldn’t help me. Nuns enforced right handed writing only. Which was pretty smart, smudging ink with you hand sort of sucks. Only downside. We are better at everything else.

Reactions: ch33zw1z and Mayne

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
i'm only half left handed

i use left hand for some things like throwing/hitting/using my phone

but right hand for things like writing/eating/using a mouse or trackball

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Yeah my Dad who is left handed couldn’t help me. Nuns enforced right handed writing only. Which was pretty smart, smudging ink with you hand sort of sucks. Only downside. We are better at everything else.

And we can't help it, and dont mind telling anyone else either. OTOH, if we dont know something, we just say so.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Also is this where the manlets and lefties fight it out for the privilege of being a distant second to the godlike status of us tall righties? I can't even imagine what it's like for lefthanded manlets

Reactions: lxskllr

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Just remember...
The right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, so only lefthanders can claim to be in their right mind.

Leftie and proud of it.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Also is this where the manlets and lefties fight it out for the privilege of being a distant second to the godlike status of us tall righties? I can't even imagine what it's like for lefthanded manlets

As a left handed manlet, I can tell ya we usually surprise. My anecdotal xp with myself and the other lefties I know is that we are obsessive, determined, bossy, and hold grudges forever. I don't know any lazy lefties. If we don't know something, we either go find out everything we can about it, or just don't care until it matters, and then go find out everything about it anyways!

I also dont know any full time lefties. There's usually stuff they do with the right hand or ambidextrously.

I know quite a few right handers that are no good at anything with the left side.