The Obama Administration discrimination begins.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002
I guess the great transfer of wealth also includes jobs, and the way they are going about it is sure is a great incentive for those whom go out and better themselves to become part of the most qualified segment of society.

I am sorry but you are the most qualified so no jobs for you!

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by: frostedflakes
Affirmative action isn't exactly a new concept...

But it is a blatantly wrong concept; it should be based on poverty level not the color of one?s skin.

LumbergTech

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2005
Originally posted by: Socio
Originally posted by: frostedflakes
Affirmative action isn't exactly a new concept...

But it is a blatantly wrong concept; it should be based on poverty level not the color of one?s skin.

by that logic many white people should lose their job

Sedition

Dec 23, 2008
Originally posted by: Specop 007
Originally posted by: heyheybooboo
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: Don Vito Corleone

I find it disappointing (if not surprising) that we are already hearing so many spurious complaints of "racism" against the Obama administration. I had no idea that they'd be THIS baseless, however.
Obvioulsy you aren't familiar with SpecOp007. This is exactly what I expected from him and his ilk.

This.

It's not like SpecBrain would know (or even care) that black male unemployment is more than twice that of white males.

And from the look of things will only get worse ...

And what were the levels of unemployment in, say, the mid 90's.Many of them are unemployed because they WANT to be. And who can blame them with Uncle Suga givin dem money yo, who be needin a job.

If most black people want to be unemployed... what are you worried about... in your twisted mind they won't take the job anyway.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
DRAMA QUEEN!

I have no problem with this Minorities are given consideration not because they are minorities but because throughout time they have been mistreated and looked over, and because Western society and law for that matter, has a long and approved tradition of awarding compensatory damages to victims of mistreatment this is a way of doing it.

mAdMaLuDaWg

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2003
I'm a minority and I find this fvcking offensive. I worked hard my entire life and never got any preference because of the color of my skin. I am where I am because I worked hard.

What the hell is this country turning into? The USSR. Robert Reich needs to lock himself in a room and never come out. He'd ruin this country like he ruined CitiBank if he has his way.

Taejin

Moderator<br>Love & Relationships
Aug 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Taejin
Originally posted by: JS80
Where do the mellow yellows fall in to? Or are we lumped in with whitey because we are too rich and successful?

JS80, us mellow yellows don't exist, as per Specop, since all he talks about are blacks vs whites. Actually, it's probably not his fault, since the majority of media/society ignore the non hispanic/black/white parts of society.

Or that you mellow yellow guys out perform all other segments of American Society so nobody feels bad for you.

So basically we Asians get fucked in the ass even more than whiteys do because we're able to overcome racism and adversity, but we don't have the balls to speak up about it. Great.

I think the part of the cultural mindset that tells us to shut up and work hard contributes to the reticence to speak. Also, there's the fact that speaking up about would just be distasteful, as 'we' would basically shaking a finger at everyone else to be 'more like us'.

I have to admit sometimes I feel that asians benefit somewhat from the more progressive push by other minorities.. but their voices are disproportionately loud, and their demands (that they say they want for them to succeed) are rather ridiculous, especially if you compare asian income brackets vs other minorities.
Don't worry, in a generation or two you guys will become like the rest of Americans

Red Dawn that's depressing.

Sacrilege

Sep 6, 2007
Originally posted by: Sedition

I find it disappointing (if not surprising) that we are already hearing so many spurious complaints of "racism" against the Obama administration. I had no idea that they'd be THIS baseless, however.
Obvioulsy you aren't familiar with SpecOp007. This is exactly what I expected from him and his ilk.

This.

It's not like SpecBrain would know (or even care) that black male unemployment is more than twice that of white males.

And what were the levels of unemployment in, say, the mid 90's.Many of them are unemployed because they WANT to be. And who can blame them with Uncle Suga givin dem money yo, who be needin a job.

If most black people want to be unemployed... what are you worried about... in your twisted mind they won't take the job anyway.

Comedy gold... he's a white slave working for his black welfare queen masters.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
For the love of god there's nothing wrong with saying that the stimulus should be tailored to touch all elements of society. You're just so determined to see racism everywhere (probably because it's so ingrained in your life) that you can't accept that. I'm sure if Obama went to Black Angus for dinner you would freak out.
Had Reich made that statement...that we should tailor the stimulus to touch all elements of society...that would be a fair, balanced and reasonable statement.

But that is not what Reich said.

What Reich did do was call out white construction workers...we will never truly achieve a balanced, color blind society, so long as certain political leaders feel the need to suggest that whites live on some privileged plateau. If we do, please let me know...somehow I missed out on the preferential treatment.

No compensation today can make up for the sins of our nation's past. What Reich said is no better than those who make blanket statements about minority communities based on certain stereotypes.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Ocguy31
Originally posted by: retrospooty
Originally posted by: PokerGuy
Specop 007: indeed, it seems like we're in for 8 years of an administration meant only to benefit one segment of society, not all of society.

You can see from comments like those posted by retrospooty that they won't even bother trying to justify many of the new discriminatory policies that are sure to follow, they'll just stick to "we won, you lost, deal with it" mantra, as if one party or another winning an election in some way justifies unfair policies.

I will re-iterate this back to you.... GET OVER IT, and get over yourself, and stop harping on about rediculous nonsense, creating issues out of thin air, and negative edits.

Its not about "we won, you lost"... Its about "stop complaining, and man up". All the right wing nutjobs have done for the past 3 months is bitch about these imaginary things they think Obama is going to do. Get a clue, and gain some perspective.

@ AT P&N democrats: Do you really want guys like the one above me representing you? He is like a high school kid that just got out of a Poli Sci class.

Considering a racist is currently leading the charge of the P&N Republicans, I think we'll take him.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: Starbuck1975
For the love of god there's nothing wrong with saying that the stimulus should be tailored to touch all elements of society. You're just so determined to see racism everywhere (probably because it's so ingrained in your life) that you can't accept that. I'm sure if Obama went to Black Angus for dinner you would freak out.
Had Reich made that statement...that we should tailor the stimulus to touch all elements of society...that would be a fair, balanced and reasonable statement.

But that is not what Reich said.

What Reich did do was call out white construction workers...we will never truly achieve a balanced, color blind society, so long as certain political leaders feel the need to suggest that whites live on some privileged plateau. If we do, please let me know...somehow I missed out on the preferential treatment.

No compensation today can make up for the sins of our nation's past. What Reich said is no better than those who make blanket statements about minority communities based on certain stereotypes.

You didn't miss out on the preferential treatment.. WTF.. lol... Profiled because you are a white guy.. eh? Pffffffffffffffft!!!

don't play stupid :-(

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by: mAdMaLuDaWg
I'm a minority and I find this fvcking offensive. I worked hard my entire life and never got any preference because of the color of my skin. I am where I am because I worked hard.

What the hell is this country turning into? The USSR. Robert Reich needs to lock himself in a room and never come out. He'd ruin this country like he ruined CitiBank if he has his way.

I also bet your a hell of a lot better off today because you did earn it, not just had it handed to you.

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002
Where do the mellow yellows fall in to? Or are we lumped in with whitey because we are too rich and successful?

JS80, us mellow yellows don't exist, as per Specop, since all he talks about are blacks vs whites. Actually, it's probably not his fault, since the majority of media/society ignore the non hispanic/black/white parts of society.

Or that you mellow yellow guys out perform all other segments of American Society so nobody feels bad for you.

True,

Asians should be the poster child?s for other minorities and non-minorities for that matter to aspire too! They show those of color both, have absolutely no excuses for not succeeding in this country and no need whatsoever of preferential treatment to do it.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: cumhail

This.

Classy... real classy.

Typical from the OP though so not a surprise.

Ozoned

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2004
Originally posted by: TheRedUnderURBed
Poor, poor white, guntoting fundamentalists you guys have been so oppressed. /pat
Actually, st*******t, they tend to leave us alone. They know why they have bread to put butter on.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: Robor
Originally posted by: cumhail

This.

Classy... real classy.

Typical from the OP though so not a surprise.

oh fo sho superman that ho oh cristal and bitches and hos cadillac grillz :roll: great culture.

skips the medal of honor ball and goes to the OG hip hop ball that's sum real class der ya her?

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Ozoned
Originally posted by: TheRedUnderURBed
Poor, poor white, guntoting fundamentalists you guys have been so oppressed. /pat
Actually, st*******t, they tend to leave us alone. They no why they have bread to put butter on.

I nose you not be talking that smack IM SERIES!

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Originally posted by: JEDIYoda
Originally posted by: Sinsear
Originally posted by: eskimospy
For the love of god there's nothing wrong with saying that the stimulus should be tailored to touch all elements of society.

No there isn't. I do perhaps think he might have chosen his words a bit better to express his intent.

That's the point. He used exactly the right words to express his real intent, but the lib can't admit to it. He intends to right the wrongs of yesteryear with new wrongs.

Exactly!! By giving everybody a chance, instead of a select few.......

No, not by givig "everybody" a chance (that would be fine), it's pretty clear in his mind "white construction workers" do not deserve equal treatment.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: JEDIYoda
Originally posted by: Sinsear
Originally posted by: eskimospy
For the love of god there's nothing wrong with saying that the stimulus should be tailored to touch all elements of society.

No there isn't. I do perhaps think he might have chosen his words a bit better to express his intent.

That's the point. He used exactly the right words to express his real intent, but the lib can't admit to it. He intends to right the wrongs of yesteryear with new wrongs.

Exactly!! By giving everybody a chance, instead of a select few.......

No, not by givig "everybody" a chance (that would be fine), it's pretty clear in his mind "white construction workers" do not deserve equal treatment.

Again, Fail. You wouldn't know "Equal" if it was yo mama.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
This is why Republicans were thrown out of power. They are still playing politics of gotcha instead of dealing with real problems.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Originally posted by: sandorski

Wow, what a clever retort! :roll:

In your mind equal means 'in such a way as to help one group over another', in my mind it means "the same".

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: sandorski

Wow, what a clever retort! :roll:

In your mind equal means 'in such a way as to help one group over another', in my mind it means "the same".

Again, Fail. Obviously the cleverness of my retort has scrambled your ability to see that one group has not been given an advantage.

Fail on.