The next BIG MMO?

Cappuccino

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2013
Exclude FFX 14 and WoW. Any upcoming or existing MMO that is worth playing? I want to play a MMO that will last me for couple of years. I have played FF14 for 2 years and I want to try something fresh for a change. I've heard the next big MMO is called Revelations online? Graphic looks AAA*** same with Gameplay. It looks beautiful. :)

Mandres

Jun 8, 2011
None that I've heard about. Dark Age of Camelot looks interesting but they're still a long way from release. I heard of Revelations online a couple years back but it's already old news in China. Was it ever even released in Korea? If not, I wouldn't hold your breath for it ever coming out in NA/EU.

mdram

Golden Member
Jan 2, 2014
i personally lose interest when there is no cost for death and no pvp in an mmo. killing the same mobs/boss over and over again just dont do it for me
the only one that has held on to me is Eve, its not for most people, but fits the bill for what i look for in a game

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
i personally lose interest when there is no cost for death and no pvp in an mmo. killing the same mobs/boss over and over again just dont do it for me
the only one that has held on to me is Eve, its not for most people, but fits the bill for what i look for in a game

I'm the opposite. I hate PVP in MMOs. If I want PVP, I'll go play an FPS, I don't want a bunch of level 60 losers ganking everyone in zone where level 20 players are trying to level up.

mdram

Golden Member
Jan 2, 2014
I'm the opposite. I hate PVP in MMOs. If I want PVP, I'll go play an FPS, I don't want a bunch of level 60 losers ganking everyone in zone where level 20 players are trying to level up.

described that way i can understand. but not every mmo has levels

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004

But, now your a carebear because you dislike something people with low esteem like to do! PvP in theory is quite fun, in practice not so much. A few game with HUGE battles (DAoC, Warhammer) had some pretty good PvP as it was push and pull, seldom did a side dominate all the time. But most PVP want to win all the time and as soon as they loss a few times "games unbalanced", "PvP is broke" etc... NO pure PvP MMORPG has lasted, there is a reason for this, some have got it wrong, but a few where not to bad. its simple, in a true no holds bared PvP you have 5 guys who win and 95 who lose, those 95 get bored, game dies. Arena's are True PVP but most PvP's dont like um, even footing, fair fight and all..

just an opinion of course.

Hmoobphajej

Apr 8, 2011
I haven't been interested in MMOs since the Final Fantasy XI days. Those were the glory days for me. I've tried some of the new one but those that do interest me tend to follow a Eastern MMO model and those never bode well for me. I hate cash shops, I will gladly subscribe for a balance game play. So far everything I have played has forced me to pay and still not offer any sense of balance or force a cash shop on me. Looks like all the popular games are just rehashes of the Eastern MMO that was never designed for the Western Market in the first place.

xantub

Feb 12, 2014
Pantheon is being made in the same vein of the original Everquest, with forced grouping, etc. If you prefer the solo MMO style like WoW then it's not for you, but if you like group-oriented playing, you may want to check it out.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
kida, there will be limts as to what an f2p can train, and max skill points, ect
iirc its 5mill sp, and very limited as to ship/modual selection

I probably haven't played Eve in 10 years at least, but that isn't a surprise.

Screw that.

Naer

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2013
when is eve online going f2p? they still sell gametime cards on amazon

Mandres

Jun 8, 2011
The same Dark Age of Camelot thats been out since 2002?

d'oh - yea I mean't Camelot Unchained.

Does anyone know much about the MMO-ness of Star Citizen? Is it going to be a real, EVE-style massively multiplayer universe?

Last edited:

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Pantheon is being made in the same vein of the original Everquest, with forced grouping, etc. If you prefer the solo MMO style like WoW then it's not for you, but if you like group-oriented playing, you may want to check it out.

Sounds good, i'm done with mmo's where 1 character can do everything by himself, it's boring af

Reactions: bystander36

HitAnyKey

Oct 4, 2013
d'oh - yea I mean't Camelot Unchained.

Does anyone know much about the MMO-ness of Star Citizen? Is it going to be a real, EVE-style massively multiplayer universe?

Based on everything I have seen and read it will be closer to Elite than EVE in gameplay and storyline if it ever arrives. I don't think anything will be as hardcore or annoyingly addictive as EVE.

I am still waiting for the Firefly MMO... where oh where are thou?