The need to concur on how to prove God exists or not.

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Dear Iron, let us we two talk about what is evidence, is that all right with you?

Here is my concept of evidence:

"Anything at all existing which leads man to know another thing to be existing, for example: babies and roses in the neighborhood lead man to know the existence of God, in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

When you reply, please go right away to your concept of evidence.

There is evidence for a big bang. There is no evidence for either a multiverse or a god.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Proof that Cincinnati chili 4-way is better than a 3-way..

4-way_Cincinnati_chili_from_Camp_Washington_Chili_in_Cincinnati_OH_USA.jpg

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Eh, just make it easy and declare for atheism. It's the simplest solution.

A couple of my favorite Einstein quotes:

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler. - Albert Einstein

Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: It transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural and the spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things, natural and spiritual, as a meaningful unity. - Albert Einstein

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001

Um, cholesterol. :oops: Ah, and all that yellow food coloring. Don't get me wrong, yellow is my favorite color but not when it's from food additives.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000

Um, cholesterol. :oops: Ah, and all that yellow food coloring. Don't get me wrong, yellow is my favorite color but not when it's from food additives.
That's just a ton of shredded cheddar cheese.

The cholesterol (along with sodium, fat, and calories), yeah it's pretty bad. I only make this about 3 times a year (I actually made and ate some tonight, so that's why it was on the mind). :)

Reactions: Iron Woode and Muse

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
That's just a ton of shredded cheddar cheese.

The cholesterol (along with sodium, fat, and calories), yeah it's pretty bad. I only make this about 3 times a year (I actually made and ate some tonight, so that's why it was on the mind). :)

Some things you just got to have once in awhile.

Reactions: UsandThem

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Cincinnati Chilli, in this case....apparently anyway.
Don't know where I can get that around here... never heard of it before. There are Philly cheese shops and I had one or two before I went to Philly on business (3 times in a year) and got to get the local offering. Don't expect to ever go to OH though.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Don't know where I can get that around here... never heard of it before. There are Philly cheese shops and I had one or two before I went to Philly on business (3 times in a year) and got to get the local offering. Don't expect to ever go to OH though.
I usually pick up the spice packets when I travel up there to bring back, or have friends/family mail me some. However, in a pinch I can order it from the restaurant's online store. It's a little pricier because of shipping charges, however sometimes you just have to splurge on luxuries. Although the price they charge is a hell of lot better than 3 packets for $12 from 3rd party sellers on Amazon.

https://goldstarchili.myshopify.com/products/gold-star-chili-spice-pack-10-count

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I usually pick up the spice packets when I travel up there to bring back, or have friends/family mail me some. However, in a pinch I can order it from the restaurant's online store. It's a little pricier because of shipping charges, however sometimes you just have to splurge on luxuries. Although the price they charge is a hell of lot better than 3 packets for $12 from 3rd party sellers on Amazon.

https://goldstarchili.myshopify.com/products/gold-star-chili-spice-pack-10-count
So, what's the recipe? What do you do with it exactly?

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
So, what's the recipe? What do you do with it exactly?
When I make it, I do a double batch and freeze half of it to eat at a later date. To do that I need:

-2 lbs of very lean ground beef (I usually get the 97/3 lean).
-Two packets of Gold Star seasoning packets
-Tomato paste 6 oz.
-Spaghetti 1lb.
-Package of finely shredded cheddar cheese.
-Finely diced white onion
-Oyster crackers
-Hot sauce

I brown the meet along with 4 cups of water to really break up the consistency of the ground beef. This makes this version of chili almost a thick soup consistency. Add seasoning and simmer 5 minutes. Add remaining water and tomato paste, bring to rolling boil, and then reduce heat to medium for 30 minutes.

Spaghetti, topped with chili, topped with onion, cheese, crackers and hot sauce. Some people like beans in it as well (called a 5-way), but I rarely ever do that as I prefer it without beans.

Reactions: Muse and Iron Woode

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
When I make it, I do a double batch and freeze half of it to eat at a later date. To do that I need:

-2 lbs of very lean ground beef (I usually get the 97/3 lean).

-Two packets of Gold Star seasoning packets

-Tomato paste 6 oz.

-Spaghetti 1lb.

-Package of finely shredded cheddar cheese.

-Finely diced white onion

-Oyster crackers

-Hot sauce

I brown the meet along with 4 cups of water to really break up the consistency of the ground beef. This makes this version of chili almost a thick soup consistency. Add seasoning and simmer 5 minutes. Add remaining water and tomato paste, bring to rolling boil, and then reduce heat to medium for 30 minutes.

Spaghetti, topped with chili, topped with onion, cheese, crackers and hot sauce. Some people like beans in it as well (called a 5-way), but I rarely ever do that as I prefer it without beans.

You are telling me you eat 2 lbs of very lean ground beef in two meals? A pound/meal? :oops: Um, maybe it's 6 servings each?

What do you use for hot sauce?

If I make this I will grind the extra lean beef in my freezer. I used to do that to patties and freeze between squares of the slick sided wrap they use at the butcher, but I stopped making hamburgers.

Last edited:

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
You are telling me you eat 2 lbs of very lean ground beef in two meals? A pound/meal? :oops: Um, maybe it's 6 servings each?
If I wanted to sit on the toilet for hours. :p

I make two batches of it. The four of us here eat half of it. The remaining chili I freeze, and we use it months down the line when we want to eat it again.

Much like a serving of ice cream usually being 1/2 cup on the container, for a normal person there aren't truly 12 servings worth with one pound of beef.

What do you use for hot sauce?
Usually something like Franks Hot Sauce, or Texas Pete if the first one is unavailable.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
If I wanted to sit on the toilet for hours. :p

I make two batches of it. The four of us here eat half of it. The remaining chili I freeze, and we use it months down the line when we want to eat it again.

Much like a serving of ice cream usually being 1/2 cup on the container, for a normal person there aren't truly 12 servings worth with one pound of beef.

Usually something like Franks Hot Sauce, or Texas Pete if the first one is unavailable.
So, I gather what you get there from Gold Star is 10 x 2.25oz packets, each of which us "enough for 12 servings." But you use 2 packs, so one pack/lb ground beef.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
So, I gather what you get there from Gold Star is 10 x 2.25oz packets, each of which us "enough for 12 servings." But you use 2 packs, so one pack/lb ground beef.
Yup.

One pound of ground beef, 4 cups of water, 3 oz of tomato paste, and one spice packet. The simmering of it usually boils between 1/2 - 3/4 cup of the water you added in the beginning.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006

everyone else in ohio doesn't consider it to be chili

it's soup on a plate

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
everyone else in ohio doesn't consider it to be chili

it's soup on a plate
Correction.

Soup on spaghetti on a plate. :p I've never personally seen anyone just eating the chili by itself.

I like traditional chili as well, and make it sometimes as well. But for people who have lived in the southern Ohio region, most like this version just as much. It's very different from chili you will ever eat any place else, and was created by the Greek people who emigrated to that region.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Correction.

Soup on spaghetti on a plate. :p I've never personally seen anyone just eating the chili by itself.

I like traditional chili as well, and make it sometimes as well. But for people who have lived in the southern Ohio region, most like this version just as much. It's very different from chili you will ever eat any place else, and was created by the Greek people who emigrated to that region.

I'm a big fan of chili over spaghetti myself although I do make mine a bit thicker then called for by so called "Cincinnati-chili" recipes.

I must say however that one of my favorite canned chili's is this one:

Skyline

(Stay away from the version with pasta included)

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Dear readers here and my opponents here:

Today I will tell you when you know already that a poster is cognizant that he has lost in the battle of honest intelligent productive thinking, it is when he starts posting filthy texts in his posts, which filthy texts definitely reflect on his true filthy character - even though erstwhile he was acting as a gentleman intellectual.

Will he change from his now filthy character? That remains to be seen.

For filthy texts, e.g. like this text, "Sure, lets go with the whale fart."

Now dear readers and posters here, beware of filthy posters who have come to cognizance that they have lost in the battle for honest intelligent productive thinking.

Next to filthy posters are nonsense and/or derailing posters, you will see them all the time here in my thread, on the topic:

"The need to concur on how to prove God exists or not."

ANNEX

[For your orientation]

Title of thread: The need to concur on how to prove God exists or not.

Thread starter: Marius Dejess
Start date: Jun 7, 2016

Post #1

There is endless debate over God existing or not.

But there is no talk at all about how to concur on what it is or how to prove or disprove that something at all exists in objective reality outside of concepts in our mind.

I think I can and do so prove for myself that God exists, and you can also if you will concur with me on how to prove that something at all exists in objective reality outside of concepts in our mind.

Here is step No. 1 in proving or disproving that something at all, be it the nose in our face or God existing in objective reality outside of concepts in our mind:

No. 1 Parties engaged in proving or disproving something to exist must first work to concur on the concept of the thing, anything at all be it the nose in our face or God, otherwise it is an insane exchange of thoughts because parties will be talking past each other's head, and that is not communication at all or getting connected at all.

What do you guys here say?

When you accept my step No. 1, then I will or you guys here can propose step No. 2 for us all to work on to concur on it.

The are literally infinite. Quantum Flux, a endless cycle of expansion and contraction, intelligent being, a whale fart that traveled backward in time, a golden teapot. I can type anything at all and claim it as an reason for the first cause. That last sentence could have caused the universe. Now this one could.

It is my observation that in almost every reply I write less than you.

Sure, lets go with the whale fart.