The need to concur on how to prove God exists or not.

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Thanks Smog for your reply.

Here is my concept of God, namely:

"God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning."

No need please mentioning that there are many concepts of God, you have now my concept of God, what do you say about it, in re His existence or no existence.

So, your concept of God is just 'First Actor.' That which first acted and set off the chain of events that led to everything else.
Okay, take that idea in isolation and I am basically neutral on that idea. There certainly could have been a 'First Actor' something that happened that set off everything else. But I don't think there is any real evidence of it, either. I can certainly come up with other explanations that could fit just as easily. Everything is cyclical would be one example.

The real problem here is that is not the end of almost anyone's definition. They ascribe values to that Actor: sentience, intelligence, morality, purpose. That is where we run into a problem.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I have proof that Superman ice cream is the best ice cream.

superman6.jpg

Reactions: Iron Woode

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Just state your possibilities of alternatives to the first cause, okay?

It is my observation that you write a lot, that is not necessary.

God in my thinking is in concept the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

So, please propose an alternative to my God, in as few words as you can say something that is intelligible.

Why as few words as you can communicate intelligibly?

Simple, so that we can focus sharply, instead of being distracted by many words, is that comprehensible to you?

Employ your brain asset and think up just one alternative to my God, that explains everything we know which have a beginning.

After one alternative from you, we will go to another alternative, okay?

So, your concept of God is just 'First Actor.' That which first acted and set off the chain of events that led to everything else.
Okay, take that idea in isolation and I am basically neutral on that idea. There certainly could have been a 'First Actor' something that happened that set off everything else. But I don't think there is any real evidence of it, either. I can certainly come up with other explanations that could fit just as easily. Everything is cyclical would be one example.

The real problem here is that is not the end of almost anyone's definition. They ascribe values to that Actor: sentience, intelligence, morality, purpose. That is where we run into a problem.

TheELF

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2012
Mashed potatoes prove that god does not exist.

prove me wrong.
Just saying that something proves that something doesn't exist is not proof for anything.
Want me to prove you wrong on your own terms?
Mashed potatoes prove that god does exist. There...done.
We were at this point already several pages before with the atheist poster,quantum potential could have been the first cause.There is equal amount of argument to be had for both.Just as God could exist before time quantum potential could exist before time.
Big bang
multiverse
God
There is no way to proof or disproof either of them.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
The are literally infinite. Quantum Flux, a endless cycle of expansion and contraction, intelligent being, a whale fart that traveled backward in time, a golden teapot. I can type anything at all and claim it as an reason for the first cause. That last sentence could have caused the universe. Now this one could.

It is my observation that you write a lot, that is not necessary.
It is my observation that in almost every reply I write less than you.

After one alternative from you, we will go to another alternative, okay?
Sure, lets go with the whale fart.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
The are literally infinite. Quantum Flux, a endless cycle of expansion and contraction, intelligent being, a whale fart that traveled backward in time, a golden teapot. I can type anything at all and claim it as an reason for the first cause. That last sentence could have caused the universe. Now this one could.

stop feeding the bot.

:)

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Just saying that something proves that something doesn't exist is not proof for anything.
Want me to prove you wrong on your own terms?
Mashed potatoes prove that god does exist. There...done.

We were at this point already several pages before with the atheist poster,quantum potential could have been the first cause.There is equal amount of argument to be had for both.Just as God could exist before time quantum potential could exist before time.
Big bang
multiverse
God
There is no way to proof or disproof either of them.
should I have used a sarcasm emoticon?

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Dear Smog, please be concise, clean, and comprehensible.

Just mention one alternative to God, God in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

Abstain from much talking.