The need to concur on how to prove God exists or not.

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Usually in the beginning of October, Turkey Hill released their pumpkin pie ice cream in the southeast. Throw a little Cool Whip on it, and it's pretty dang good.

maxresdefault.jpg

2020 has been an odd year, so we can all get it earlier than we usually do. :p

Only Pumpkin Pie is Pumpkin Pie....although I'd certainly try that Ice Cream if I came across it.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Okay, okay. Super Serious time. Back to the topic.

Now we have looked in my attic and your Cremé Brülé with no evidence of god.
Is that enough to prove that he doesn't exist?

I am willing to allow the possibility of the existence of God if my wife can make Cremé Brülé.

PS I am the cook in the house. She fucked up mashed potatoes.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Dear Smog, I have not seen your reply to my message below.*

Suppose let us just ask ourselves and everyone here in particular my opponents and atheists this question:

"You and I and he she it we all exist, can you accept that?"

That is a very simple question, please answer it, yes or no.

And no need to go into so many words.

*Dear Smog, thanks a lot for your genuine participation
in my thread here.

Is there something as an atheist you care to seek how we can work on as to concur on, for example, its concept at all, like the concept of what is an atheist, or what is my concept of God, or what is your information on the concept the most interesting for you of God with the G in upper case?

About your information on the concept of God with G in upper case, please don't tell that you don't accept the existence of God, so you need not have any concept of God, I am just suggesting what 'information' you know, just information, not what you accept to be a reality, like what is your information on what is a Bigfoot, okay?

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
About your information on the concept of God with G in upper case, please don't tell that you don't accept the existence of God, so you need not have any concept of God, I am just suggesting what 'information' you know, just information, not what you accept to be a reality, like what is your information on what is a Bigfoot, okay?
I have spent a lot of my time working to understand the concept of God, and the main thing I have found is that to have this conversation we first have to decide what god we are talking about. There are about 100 different concepts of God out there. Some of those are compatible with each other, some are not. You have your Judeo-Christian style gods, the all powerful creators, then on the other end of the spectrum you have the very limited and flawed Greco-Roman style gods, and a whole spectrum in-between. Many of the modern versions of these religions have borrowed so much from each other that they start to blend together, but we have to ask is that a fair representation of these religions when we know that men added those parts just to appease a groups of people that they wanted to control after having conquered them?

Dear Smog, I have not seen your reply to my message below.*

I sit in front of a computer all week, come Friday 6pm I like to get away from the screen and do other stuff. Most of time you will not see me reply to anything from Friday evening until Tuesday morning.

"You and I and he she it we all exist, can you accept that?"

That is actually a tricky question, because I can also definitely say that there are he, she, and it's that don't exist. Fictional characters are refered to as he/she/it and they don't exist. He is Sherlock Holmes, and he does not exist.
So, if we are striving for precision in this argument I would have to say that we can't definitively agree on that without knowing which he/she/it we are referring to.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
That is a lot of words for saying absolutely nothing.

Now getting back on topic, anybody else ready for some good pumpkin pie?

Homemade-Pumpkin-Pie-4.jpg
The real question here that we need to grapple with is why does that plate have holes in it? That seems to be a terrible design for a plate. It literally does not do one of the primary functions of a plate, to keep your food off the table.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
The real question here that we need to grapple with is why does that plate have holes in it? That seems to be a terrible design for a plate. It literally does not do one of the primary functions of a plate, to keep your food off the table.
I didn't notice that in the pic.

That plate looks like a plate owned by some hoity-toity dinner club , with form over function. :p

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
The pie looks to be straight out of the freezer, possibly Sara Lee and the topping never saw the inside of a cow. Washing the plate would be a challenge.

A for concept
F for effort
D overall grade

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
all this talk about God and pie makes me want oatmeal chocolate chip cookies:

1597171667674.png

TheELF

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2012
You have your Judeo-Christian style gods, the all powerful creators, then on the other end of the spectrum you have the very limited and flawed Greco-Roman style gods,
Just as God is a trinity the greek gods combined with the titans that came before them and bore them are a whole that is just as all powerful and encompassed everything that mankind back then was aware of.
Christianity just streamlined the whole thing to make it as simple as possible,instead of having dozens of characters to track you have Jesus for everything corporal the Holy spirit for anything spiritual and God for everything else.

TheELF

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2012
I didn't notice that in the pic.

That plate looks like a plate owned by some hoity-toity dinner club , with form over function. :p
It's representing a doily and if you aren't eating like an animal that plate does just as well as anything.

For anybody like me though the box the cake came in is always the best plate.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Thanks Smog for your reply.

Here is my concept of God, namely:

"God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning."

No need please mentioning that there are many concepts of God, you have now my concept of God, what do you say about it, in re His existence or no existence.

I have spent a lot of my time working to understand the concept of God, and the main thing I have found is that to have this conversation we first have to decide what god we are talking about. There are about 100 different concepts of God out there. Some of those are compatible with each other, some are not. You have your Judeo-Christian style gods, the all powerful creators, then on the other end of the spectrum you have the very limited and flawed Greco-Roman style gods, and a whole spectrum in-between. Many of the modern versions of these religions have borrowed so much from each other that they start to blend together, but we have to ask is that a fair representation of these religions when we know that men added those parts just to appease a groups of people that they wanted to control after having conquered them?

I sit in front of a computer all week, come Friday 6pm I like to get away from the screen and do other stuff. Most of time you will not see me reply to anything from Friday evening until Tuesday morning.

That is actually a tricky question, because I can also definitely say that there are he, she, and it's that don't exist. Fictional characters are refered to as he/she/it and they don't exist. He is Sherlock Holmes, and he does not exist.
So, if we are striving for precision in this argument I would have to say that we can't definitively agree on that without knowing which he/she/it we are referring to.