The need to concur on how to prove God exists or not.

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Dear Smog, the fact is that atheists' arguments against God are all various empty evasions, like they are not bound to prove God does not exist, because the burden is on the party making the claim God exists.

Dear Marius, please prove to me that the flying spaghetti monster does not exist. It is not an evasion to not prove that everything you claim exists. You first need to show me that there is some reason to think a god does exist. Until that time I have no reason to go around proving the non-existence of the infinite number of things that don't exist.
Really think about that. I claim that spernaxion superbeings created the earth. Prove that it didn't happen!
Oh, then I believe that sequauation triform endeomorths created the galaxy. Prove that didn't happen!
Why are you being so evasive!
It is a crazy game that no one wants to play. It makes no sense.

explain why and how he is against something, while another homo sapiens must explain why and how he is in favor of the same something.
I am not against something, because there is nothing to be against. I can't be against a non-existence. It is not a positive assertation, it is a neutral one. I am waiting for some reason to think a god exists. Until then I find no reason to believe in one, just like I have no reason to believe in unicorns, bigfoot, or spernaxion super beings.

Now the next convenient evasion of atheists as to not have to explain why they do not search with knowers of God evidence for God's existence, is that man cannot prove a negative proposition, which is founded on the impossibility of man to search the whole universe in the course of a man's lifetime.

You see, the things is that I, and every atheist I have ever met, did search. We almost all made honest attempts to believe in a god, but found no evidence that was convincing. That is what you are getting wrong. You think we are atheists because we never tried, and I'm telling you almost every one of us tried our best. I've personally been to dozens of different Christian churches of every denomination that would welcome me, I've been to synagogues, mosques, and services for every major and minor religion you can name. My first wife was a devout Catholic and I tried really hard to become one as well. I couldn't be cause in the end I can't lie to myself. There is simply nothing there. The evidence for god that religious people put forth is nothing more than logical fallacies. It is circular reasoning and appeals to emotion with no real substance.

Tell you what, Smog, let you present one argument from atheists that you think is the best, and we will examine it together, okay?

Okay, here it is, the stongest reason that there is to be an atheist: There is no evidence, no logical argument that holds up to scrutiny, that leaves me with a real reason to believe that a god exists. I don't need, nor do I really have, any other argument. I do not start from the assumption of a god, so why would I believe in one?

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
The idea that God exists is utter bollocks. Prove me wrong.

You're alive! There is your proof. Oh, we also have trees, bees, bears and lions!

There is a God! That is what my Christain friend tried to tell me!

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Man-Wearing-Winnie-The-Pooh-Costume-Funny-Wtf-Image.jpg

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
This ancient Chinese ox scapula from around 1200 BC says there is no God
1596736113288.png

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
This is a super serious thread about the proof of God, and you two aren't taking it seriously enough.

:p

The proof is in the pudding. Cremé Brülé is close enough to pudding. Ergo no man in the sky watching you.

20161210_112011.jpg

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
This is a super serious thread about the existence of God, and you two aren't taking it seriously enough.

:p
Okay, okay. Super Serious time. Back to the topic.
The proof is in the pudding. Cremé Brülé is close enough to pudding. Ergo no man in the sky watching you.

View attachment 27627
Now we have looked in my attic and your Cremé Brülé with no evidence of god.
Is that enough to prove that he doesn't exist?

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
dense, chocolatey brownies are the best. They are great with or without nuts.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Dear Smog, thanks a lot for your genuine participation
in my thread here.

Is there something as an atheist you care to seek how we can work on as to concur on, for example, its concept at all, like the concept of what is an atheist, or what is my concept of God, or what is your information on the concept the most interesting for you of God with the G in upper case?

About your information on the concept of God with G in upper case, please don't tell that you don't accept the existence of God, so you need not have any concept of God, I am just suggesting what 'information' you know, just information, not what you accept to be a reality, like what is your information on what is a Bigfoot, okay?

Dear Marius, please prove to me that the flying spaghetti monster does not exist. It is not an evasion to not prove that everything you claim exists. You first need to show me that there is some reason to think a god does exist. Until that time I have no reason to go around proving the non-existence of the infinite number of things that don't exist.
Really think about that. I claim that spernaxion superbeings created the earth. Prove that it didn't happen!
Oh, then I believe that sequauation triform endeomorths created the galaxy. Prove that didn't happen!
Why are you being so evasive!
It is a crazy game that no one wants to play. It makes no sense.

I am not against something, because there is nothing to be against. I can't be against a non-existence. It is not a positive assertation, it is a neutral one. I am waiting for some reason to think a god exists. Until then I find no reason to believe in one, just like I have no reason to believe in unicorns, bigfoot, or spernaxion super beings.

You see, the things is that I, and every atheist I have ever met, did search. We almost all made honest attempts to believe in a god, but found no evidence that was convincing. That is what you are getting wrong. You think we are atheists because we never tried, and I'm telling you almost every one of us tried our best. I've personally been to dozens of different Christian churches of every denomination that would welcome me, I've been to synagogues, mosques, and services for every major and minor religion you can name. My first wife was a devout Catholic and I tried really hard to become one as well. I couldn't be cause in the end I can't lie to myself. There is simply nothing there. The evidence for god that religious people put forth is nothing more than logical fallacies. It is circular reasoning and appeals to emotion with no real substance.

Okay, here it is, the stongest reason that there is to be an atheist: There is no evidence, no logical argument that holds up to scrutiny, that leaves me with a real reason to believe that a god exists. I don't need, nor do I really have, any other argument. I do not start from the assumption of a god, so why would I believe in one?

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Dear Smog, thanks a lot for your genuine participation
in my thread here.

Is there something as an atheist you care to seek how we can work on as to concur on, for example, its concept at all, like the concept of what is an atheist, or what is my concept of God, or what is your information on the concept the most interesting for you of God with the G in upper case?

About your information on the concept of God with G in upper case, please don't tell that you don't accept the existence of God, so you need not have any concept of God, I am just suggesting what 'information' you know, just information, not what you accept to be a reality, like what is your information on what is a Bigfoot, okay?
That is a lot of words for saying absolutely nothing.

Now getting back on topic, anybody else ready for some good pumpkin pie?

Homemade-Pumpkin-Pie-4.jpg

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
That is a lot of words for saying absolutely nothing.

Now getting back on topic, anybody else ready for some good pumpkin pie?

Homemade-Pumpkin-Pie-4.jpg
You cannot have pumpkin pie till the fall, after the harvest comes in. Everybody knows this! Well, everybody in New England knows this!

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
The best pie.
Usually in the beginning of October, Turkey Hill released their pumpkin pie ice cream in the southeast. Throw a little Cool Whip on it, and it's pretty dang good.

maxresdefault.jpg

You cannot have pumpkin pie till the fall, after the harvest comes in. Everybody knows this! Well, everybody in New England knows this!
2020 has been an odd year, so we can all get it earlier than we usually do. :p

• Haha
Reactions: Ajay