The Nashville Highway Thing Is Going Sideways

Nov 17, 2019
I thought this stunk when the first stories came out, but it sounded like a good shoot, even though it was excessive. I figured one or two officers was OK, but nine sounded off.

Nashville: 3 investigations will probe fatal shooting of pedestrian by 9 police officers

www.msn.com.ico
CNN on MSN.com|42 minutes ago
Three separate investigations will probe the fatal shooting of a pedestrian on a Tennessee interstate by nine police officers.
1 officer decommissioned, 5 others on administrative duty amid probe into fatal shooting on Nashville highway

www.cbsnews.com.ico
CBS News|2 hours ago
Five members of the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department were placed on administrative assignment and a sixth has been decommissioned after the fatal Tuesday shooting of a man on the side of a highway,

Police release video showing 9 officers fatally shoot man on Tennessee interstate

www.nbcnews.com.ico
NBC News|5 hours ago
Landon Eastep, 37, held a box cutter and quickly reached in his pocket before gesturing toward officers like he was pointing a gun, according to police.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I watched the video and it appeared that he was aiming a weapon or that is what he wanted the police to think. Suicide by cop?

Reactions: BD:)

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
I watched the video and it appeared that he was aiming a weapon or that is what he wanted the police to think. Suicide by cop?
That's what my thought was as well. He didn't have a gun but motioned as if he did...he had to have known the outcome for bluffing when they were trained on him.

Reactions: pcgeek11