The name of the game is you have to give up something to gain something... so what will you give up to get some reward back?

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
A King who loved wine vowed never to drink again after defeats in conquering a city and then won his next critical battle. He sacrificed his pleasure in partaking alcohol in order to gain victory. So if the outcome is guaranteed, what are you prepared to lose in order to gain something bigger in your life.

Remember, one hand gives and the other hand takes something else away in bargain.

Jul 27, 2020
I hate those kinds of bargains. I just want good. All sorts of good. Without anything in return. My head hurts from sleep deprivation brought on by trying to write a 10 day report assignment in a single day.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I need particulars. Giving something up to gain something is called life. I'm assuming I'd be gaining something above and beyond, and am expected to give something up of equal value. So, what am I getting?

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
I need particulars. Giving something up to gain something is called life. I'm assuming I'd be gaining something above and beyond, and am expected to give something up of equal value. So, what am I getting?
What are you prepared to lose in order to gain something bigger in your life

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I'm prepared to lose ~$10k to get a used chipper. I haven't really pursued it up to this point, but if one fell in my lap, I'd buy it. I might even be willing to lose ~$20k for a used mini, but that would require more thought.

Reactions: nakedfrog

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
I'm prepared to lose ~$10k to get a used chipper. I haven't really pursued it up to this point, but if one fell in my lap, I'd buy it. I might even be willing to lose ~$20k for a used mini, but that would require more thought.

Absolutely! In fact that is a shit bargain, but you are prepared to lose it.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
A King who loved wine vowed never to drink again after defeats in conquering a city and then won his next critical battle. He sacrificed his pleasure in partaking alcohol in order to gain victory. So if the outcome is guaranteed, what are you prepared to lose in order to gain something bigger in your life.

Remember, one hand gives and the other hand takes something else away in bargain.
"Sacrifice is the law of life." Don't know where I heard that, but it stuck, FWIW. That in itself doesn't give it credence, of course. Context is everything sometimes.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I'll give up cheating with married woman so op gets beat up by the husbands of the women he cheats with.

• Haha
Reactions: snoopy7548

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I'll give up reading/responding to posts that piss me the fvck off in exchange for increased peace of mind. (oh wait... I already did that!)

;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: igor_kavinski

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Not sure if these are big enough for your needs but check these:

PTO operated but if you don't have a tractor I imagine you could just stick a motor at the end of that.

I'm looking into getting one of their saw mills soon, hopefully this summer.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
You already have a hand powered artisanal chipper.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Many years ago there was some who, allegedly, kept trading up slightly from one thing to the next on craigslist until he was able to trade for a house. Probably apocryphal as most such stories tend to be.

• Wow
Reactions: igor_kavinski