The most Graphically intensive game coming out?

AstroForce

Mar 27, 2016
I know graphics aren't everything that makes a good game but I'm curious are there any up coming games that people are keeping an eye on that will help justify buying a new high end video card?

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I doubt Star Citizen will ever be finished. I hate those ongoing forever never released but sort of playable endless demo that you still pay cash for games. LAMEEEEE!!!!
Look forward to DOOM being a GPU smasher. Also I'm sure BF5 will need some stupid high GPU requirements.

AstroForce

Mar 27, 2016
I doubt Star Citizen will ever be finished. I hate those ongoing forever never released but sort of playable endless demo that you still pay cash for games. LAMEEEEE!!!!
Look forward to DOOM being a GPU smasher. Also I'm sure BF5 will need some stupid high GPU requirements.

Do you think they will keep BF5 requirements low so they can keep it on ps4 and Xbone?

Carfax83

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2010
any game @ 4K :)

This basically. 4K is a difficult nut to crack for contemporary GPUs. Hopefully Pascal and Polaris will change that.. And they should, because the elite versions of both GPUs will have 1TB of bandwidth and even greater internal bandwidth, plus much more powerful shader arrays.

If the Titan version of Pascal performs exceptionally well at 4K, then I'm going to get it, along with a 4K HDR monitor.. If it can't reliably hit 60 FPS at 4K in demanding titles, then I'll probably just stay with 1440p.

Either way I'm done with SLI. Single GPU is the way to go, I'm convinced.

Carfax83

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2010
I never gave any specific titles in my last post, but the obvious ones will be Quantum Break, Star Citizen, Battlefield 5, Mirror's Edge, and last but not least, Gears of War 4.

Yeah I know that Gears of War 4 hasn't been announced for PC yet....keyword being yet, but I'm certain it will. Gears of War 4 will be the first Unreal Engine 4 AAA game that seeks to use the engine to it's fullest extent.

Unreal Engine 4 hasn't really had any titles that exploited the impressive technical capabilities of the engine, but judging by the Gears of War 4 demo from last year, it definitely will.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002

It's not lame, but your understanding of it is. You should look into it more.

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
Star Citizen does look awesome though I'm not sure when it is coming out.

^^^^^^
this

Derek Smart is a bit of a tool sometimes and his Rants on SC are a bit much, but i do think he is on the right track, they are already changing how it will be delivered. Backers to this point wont get screwed but it sounds like anybody from this point is paying for multiple games. As for when we will get them, it sure looks like years still. By the time it comes out it will be almost for sure be dated graphics wise.

In for a penny in for a pound I backed it and its looking like when its done it will be great.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
^^^^^^
this

Derek Smart is a bit of a tool sometimes and his Rants on SC are a bit much, but i do think he is on the right track, they are already changing how it will be delivered. Backers to this point wont get screwed but it sounds like anybody from this point is paying for multiple games. As for when we will get them, it sure looks like years still. By the time it comes out it will be almost for sure be dated graphics wise.

In for a penny in for a pound I backed it and its looking like when its done it will be great.

Derek Smart is an idiot troll and is dumb as a rock and if CIG is changing anything it's not because of DS.