The most CPU and GPU intensive games For testing PC?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheELF

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2012
I didn't think AoS was that hard on modern systems. I never encountered any issues with the game during the heavier battles, but I remember most 4v4 maps on Sup Com would cause lots of issues as the match went on.
Yup it's only the benchmark part of ashes that pushes your system,real game play is mostly single core on the CPU because of how GPU heavy (or even unoptimized) the game is.

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
Update, tried a couple of games with both intel provided stock cooler (or paper weight) and a hyper 212x and the results are shocking.

Skyrim - CPU Temp - 100c With intel stock cooler, 75c with Hyper 212x

Planetside2 - Intel Stock cooler - 100c, Hyper 212X - 75c

Battlefield 1 - Intel stock cooler - 101c, Hyper 212x - 78c

The stock cooler provided by intel :pensive:... i mean why do they even bother? they are better off selling the non K chips without a CPU cooler for $5 less or something. Utterly disappointed by the stock cooler performance.

I have an 8700k with a kraken. I get like 50 degrees with skyrim and fallout 4 (don't have much installed to test, but was curious). Also running at 4900mhz, so 100 seems a bit high for you, yeah.

DeadlyTitan

Oct 20, 2017
I have an 8700k with a kraken. I get like 50 degrees with skyrim and fallout 4 (don't have much installed to test, but was curious). Also running at 4900mhz, so 100 seems a bit high for you, yeah.

:) Nice, Kraken is a water cooler, and that 100c seems to be wrong cause i only saw that the first time when i was testing, sounds weird but the next day i booted the pc the temp was never that high, it was hovering around 85, still on an intel stock cooler.