"The Matrix" is on Fox for all of your Matrix freaks

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: kami
Pan & Scanned, grainy 240i video, 2 channel sound.

I'll pass ;)

Well isn't that the way you like your Frodo/Gandolf pr0n??;)

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: NFS4
Originally posted by: kami
Pan & Scanned, grainy 240i video, 2 channel sound.

I'll pass ;)

Well isn't that the way you like your Frodo/Gandolf pr0n??;)

No I like to watch that in at least 480p with dts 6.1 sound :D

oniq

Banned
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: MartyMcFly3
They cut out the "There is no spoon" scene.... what the hell? Im done with this.

What spoon? There is no spoon..

theNEOone

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
Originally posted by: y2kc
Puhlease. The movie was mediocre at best.

LOL... It was better than Batman. (flamesuit on). :cool:

Haha, that's just WRONG! :p

I could watch Batman over and over. I'm already bored to death looking at the Matrix on Fox. Bah, I'd rather watch Dateline NBC:p
The very first DVD i ever own was the Matrix.
Ronin for me :D

lol.....batman.

McMadman

Mar 25, 2000
150 min time slot
136 min official time (courtesy of imdb)
that would be normally 14 minutes of commercials (uncut)
normally there are about 15 minutes in an hour show, so along this line there should be about 37 minutes of commercials for this 2 and a half hour slot

that leaves you with about 23 minutes that could very well have been cut from the movie to be aired on network tv

I can hear it in the background, but I am not watching it, I'd rather rent/borrow the dvd if I really wanted to see it.

Apr 5, 2000
Originally posted by: brunswickite
true "Matrix freaks" own the dvd and would not be caught dead watching it on fox TV

True Matrix freaks would be watching it on TV as well. There's something to be said about a movie that's on TV even if you own it on DVD/video

Trevelyan

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by: ultimatebob
Originally posted by: y2kc
Puhlease. The movie was mediocre at best.

LOL... It was better than Batman. (flamesuit on). :cool:

Haha, that's just WRONG! :p

I could watch Batman over and over. I'm already bored to death looking at the Matrix on Fox. Bah, I'd rather watch Dateline NBC:p
The very first DVD i ever own was the Matrix.
Ronin for me :D

Oh well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, I guess. Look at the bright point, now you have an extra hour to find more car previews and PDA reviews to post! :)

Yes, even if they are wrong... sigh... the matrix has style... the music (not the soundtrack music, but the symphony music) fits so well with every scene its amazing... so well choreographed. the camera angles are so great...

while keanu is a crappy actor, he only has a few lines.. most of the acting falls on fishburne and weaving, which is good.

CubicZirconia

Diamond Member
Nov 24, 2001
Ronin for me

Unbelievable. You call The Matrix "mediocre at best" and you actually own Ronin. I didn't think anyone owned that movie. It's definitely one of the top five worst movies I've ever seen.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: CubicZirconia
Ronin for me

Unbelievable. You call The Matrix "mediocre at best" and you actually own Ronin. I didn't think anyone owned that movie. It's definitely one of the top five worst movies I've ever seen.

Amazing, you have an opinion that differs from someone else!

rolleye.gif

godspeedx

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2002
Originally posted by: Angrymarshmello
Originally posted by: brunswickite
true "Matrix freaks" own the dvd and would not be caught dead watching it on fox TV

True Matrix freaks would be watching it on TV as well. There's something to be said about a movie that's on TV even if you own it on DVD/video

Wha?

CubicZirconia

Diamond Member
Nov 24, 2001
Originally posted by: FFMCobalt
Originally posted by: CubicZirconia
Ronin for me

Amazing, you have an opinion that differs from someone else!

rolleye.gif

I wasn't being that serious. I fully realize he can like and watch whatever movie he wants, and he probably doesn't give a damn what I think. I was just saying that I really didn't like Ronin.

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
matrix cut to pg13 levels, no wide screen, no surround, no thanks.

Remember folks, you can have full frontal nudity and blood splattered on the walls, but god forbid you should hear a naughty word.

- M4H

DanJ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
I'll watch it and try to give it another chance...but I still thought it sucked.
LoL...if you thought it sucked the first time I don't think the network television hack-job is going to make you like it anymore.

Rent the DVD or something :)