The Mandalorian trailer

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Just read that the best star wars show is done after the second season. Andor season 2 is filming now, and it will end there.

Hoping it's a great ending and the same writers behind Andor make another good one

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Same with the Star Wars prequels...someone did a fan-edit & released the Phantom Edit, which took our Jar Jar Binks, and it made it a MUCH better movie! I'd like to see someone do that for the first season of Jessica Jones too, as the last few episodes were fantastic, but it took me a really long time to get through like the first 9 or 10 episodes.
Looking for link to Project 4k80 version of empire strikes back.

edit:
Obtained:
1) Harmy's Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (Despecialized edition)

2) Hall9000's Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back: Custom Special Edition

Now to see what the differences are.
(i already obtained Hal9000's Episode IV - A New Hope: Custom Special Edition in 2020 :eek: )

Last edited:

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
Just read that the best star wars show is done after the second season. Andor season 2 is filming now, and it will end there.

Hoping it's a great ending and the same writers behind Andor make another good one

Looking forward to it. It was a slow burn but man, it was actually quite good. The Mandolorian, not so much. Watchable, and I'll be checking out S3 but I'll wait a bit.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Looking for link to Project 4k80 version of empire strikes back.

Incredible that ESB is 43 years old & they're able to do this project from 35mm stock! Very curious to see how AI upscaling will affect projects like this in the future! The upscaling & cleanup AI tools for video that are coming out are incredible:

Reactions: igor_kavinski

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
so Harmy's edition is just turning the original theater edition into high def.
but George Lucas never released the original theater version so Harmy
used the later Special Edition releases but removing the added scenes, colorings, and sfx.
He went frame by frame. :eek:

Hal9000's edition:
1678324108759.png

Basically hybridizing existing official versions of the film, keeping changes he could appreciate and excluding those he felt hindered the film.

Exact changes:
The ‘Custom Special Edition’ That Almost Wasn’t, But Then Was (Released) - Original Trilogy

I like Hal9000's version better, mainly because it kept the better coloring of the later releases.
It just looked better and not as old/dated from 1980.

Besides the crisper color, i didn't notice any other change including scenes that were added/deleted.

Also didn't realize that Leia kissed Luke twice.
Once on Hoth in front of Han and once after Luke got his hand chopped off by Vader. :eek:

After all these decades...

Last edited:

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
I like Hal9000's version better, mainly because it kept the better coloring of the later releases.
It just looked better and not as old/dated from the 1980s.

i thought you meant @HAL9000!

that S03E02 ending was yuuuuge

and it seems like bo katan is getting a little nostalgia for the lore

(also her dark sabre skills are leet)

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
while that episode was slow after the first 10 mins, it was kinda ok with seeing some daily life on coruscant

also, i wonder if that elia is mind wiping dr. pershing for good reasons, or evil reasons

also, sounds like somebody's got a case of the taungsdays

xMxtCYH.jpeg

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
They ran out of good ideas. Now they are milking their average ideas for 10 episodes.
I knew it would happen. Disney is the anti-Midas.
They turn gold into shit.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
They ran out of good ideas. Now they are milking their average ideas for 10 episodes.
I knew it would happen. Disney is the anti-Midas.
They turn gold into shit.

taungsdays, am i right?

a theory that's going around right now:

pershing is gonna get forced to clone palpatine, or genetically engineered into palpatine, thus explaining the "somehow" in "somehow, palpatine returned"

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
OH god the worst thing they can do is try to link it to the shit canon those idiots established. If they do ANYTHING it should be to integrate the video game canon. Kyle Katarn and all that.

woodman1999

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2003
Watched the last episode with my son a couple hours ago. Compared to S3:E2, S3:E3 was absolute garbage. He is 7 and it's hard enough to keep his attention span, but at leat episode 2, he didn't budge. 30 seconds into Pershing and he was playing with toys. Couldn't care less about the Pershing storyline. Really, we both just want more Mandalorians vs. Pirates...

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
I liked the Pershing episode, but I am afraid the series is trending towards trying to rationalize the lazy plot lines of the new trilogy, although perhaps forgiven if Mando ends up pursuing Thrawn. Imperial remnant is more interesting than the First Order any day of the week.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
In my head-canon Jar Jar was brutally killed at the beginning of the war.

And the birds are obviously for riding. Don't you know anything about Mandalorians??!??

• Wow