The Mandalorian trailer

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
maybe he'll get to borrow the millennium falcon

It could happen! Apparently timeline-wise, The Mandalorian takes place 5 years after ROTJ & 25 years before TFA. So Thrawn is still floating around out there, and the Empire still lies in the shadows. Loving the easter eggs!

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
maybe he'll get to borrow the millennium falcon
That would be a interesting twist. Do we know the timeline how and when it got stolen fro Han Solo?. How long was it kept as a a "scrap heap" in Jakku?

After Han was captured on Bespin, Lando took command of the Falcon once more to search for him. In 4 ABY, Lando flew the ship at the Battle of Endor, where it entered the DS-2 Death Star II Mobile Battle Station and aided in its destruction from within. Over the next decades, the ship fell out of Solo's hands and was stolen by a succession of criminals and thieves, ending up in the ownership of the trader Unkar Plutt on Jakku, a remote world in the Western Reaches. The Falcon was eventually stolen by the Force-sensitive scavenger Rey, former First Order stormtrooper Finn, and Resistance droid BB-8 to escape the forces of the First Order in 34 ABY. Shortly thereafter, it was reunited with Solo and Chewbacca.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
I think you are confusing marketing and promotion with movie content, which is what I am lamenting. The originals didn't start to give in to marketing until Return of The Jedi, IMO, Ewoks were for kids. But as a kid I considered Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back as distinctly more "grown up" at the time, moreso than the typical TV content my demo consumed at the time. People getting limbs lopped off with futuristic weapons, entire planets being destroyed, stuff like that didn't show up much on Sat mornings.

I'm ok with merchandising (especially the flame throwers) but I cannot ignore the difference between the first movies and those god awful prequels, for starters.

11 days to go! Woooo!
:rolleyes:

I was literally 7 years old when the first Star Wars movie came out in 1977, and the Christmas TV commercials were blasted with Star Wars toy ads. I wanted a Han Solo figure more than anything!

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
:rolleyes:

I was literally 7 years old when the first Star Wars movie came out in 1977, and the Christmas TV commercials were blasted with Star Wars toy ads. I wanted a Han Solo figure more than anything!
It's amazing how far along manufacturing tech has come. I loved the original toys when I was a kid (My collection was short a Storm Trooper as the entire time I played with those toys, I never came across one in stock at the stores we went to).

But back to my point, comparing the figures to what is out there now, it's just such a huge difference. I mean the human faces were the worst. A few years back, a company named Gentle Giant released 12" versions of classic Star Wars figures, and they followed the exact sculpts of the way they looked back then. However, I never was a fan of them, because this is what we played with as kids: :oops:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/83123

18e86a67-fb03-4686-9a03-6761dff96be2.jpg

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
rumor for Season 3:
Disney will kill off the Mandortian and replace him with Boba Fett because of all the bitching from the actor about his face not being shown :eek:

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
i really enjoyed this bill burr episode

I was surprised at his performance in this episode! In the first one he was in, I was like OK, cool gun & whatnot, but it's Bill Burr. In this one, I felt like he fit into the role & owned it.

They could release a new episode like this every week for the next 40 years & I'd be a happy camper lol.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
Disney will kill off the Mandortian and replace him with Boba Fett because of all the bitching from the actor about his face not being shown :eek:

i think they should just convert him from the extremist mandalorians to the mainstream mandalorians, and show his face

kinda wish they would've gotten rid of geordi's visor on ST:TNG after a couple seasons too

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I don't hate the show but if I'm objective the quality of writing has gone way down in season 2.
I see why they didnt want a single two-hour movie, but they REALLY don't have enough ideas for a tv series.

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Even the way he walked and carried himself is what made the character mysterious and menacing, kind of like what David Prowse did for Vader.

"He set the tone and the stance, inspired by Clint Eastwood’s “A Fistful of Dollars” less-is-more approach."

Reactions: Starbuck1975