The lie behind the war

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
Actually they should pull their people out if the illegal settlements and clear/occupy 30 miles on their side of the border
If the Palestinians do not recognize Israel, there is no border.

Remember they tried to take over the complete area back in '48 when they were not the "underdogs"

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
I dont know why so many Americans care so much about what goes on in the middle east when the former are about to experience hyperinflation and being closed in.

I mean, yes the israelis are on land stolen from the arabs (ben gurion admitted it), yes the israelis contribute more good to the world than the arabs do (i.e., arabs rape people wherever they go, every once in a while israelis invent useful tech) but i will never understand why so many people want everyone to be forced into intervening.

Because it directly affects us. i.e September 11th (and no it is not because they hate our freedoms). And Iraq (why do you think most of the neocons supported invading Iraq besides oil of course)? And our general hatred around the middle east.

I wouldn't care if people hated us because out position was moral. But when you have an immoral position (supporting Israels occupation) what can you say?

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
For the world, this is a game, something that happens thousands of kilometers away in some distant land.
For us, it is a daily routine of rocket and mortar attacks that never stopped, and tunnels dug under our towns to kidnap and murder our people.
The sheltered world can, from the comfort of its modern, mostly worry-free life, play around with putting tags on rockets - this came from that organization, the other one came from that one - for our citizens it simply does not matter.

And lets face it, among the hundreds of thousands of christian\muslim arabs dying while the Middle East around us and nearby northern Africa erupts in flames and decays into a fundie religious dream, no one really gives a damn unless it has something to do with Israel.

There's good and there's bad here and we're not saints, but we're here, most of us wish to live in peace and perhaps one day people will simply stop trying to kill us all the time.
When that happens, we most likely WILL make sacrifices for peace. But it needs to happen first.

Yeah, Netanyahu most likely had to sell the idea to the world. Welcome to politics. You will be hard pressed to find anyone here who regrets the likely outcome of this operation - the destruction of munitions meant to be used on us and tunnels dug for murder, not smuggling basic supplies.

In the end there's only so much apologizing you can do for simply existing. One day you gotta tell "World Opinion" to shove it and do what you gotta do for your citizens.

This.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
  1. How exactly is Hamas placing their citizens as shields?
    • Hamas is telling the civilians to NOT evacuate
    • Hamas is placing/using weapons from civilian locations hoping that Israel will not target those areas because it is civilian.
  2. When the Israeli's bomb a UN school, was that Hamas's doing?
    • When a UN school has weapons stored in it, it becomes a valid target.
    • When the UN people hand the weapons over to Hamas, they lose the shield of neutrality.
    • Israel also has stated that Hamas weapons that have been misfired are hitting the school - Remember that Hamas likes to stage for publicity
    • Hamas has launched weapons from with school grounds.
  3. Where are the civilians going?
    • Civilians have the ability to evacuate away from the areas that Israel has identified
    • They are not required (except by Hamas) to stay in the target area.
    • Gaza has open land and other population areas that they can get to.
  4. You know what an open air prison is right?
    Israel is not attacking all of Gaza

Everything in your post seems to be a mix of propaganda and conjecture. Ex. Do you have any evidence Israel gave Hamas weapons and or the weapons were stored in the UN compound? It's amazing you're making up an alibi up for ISrael who are trying to claim, they weren't the ones who bombed the school.

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
If Israel doesn't want debate - it's simple. Stop the settlements. Their ongoing construction and expansion of them does nothing but add legitimacy to the theories that they are using the conflict to play the victim card while expanding their borders.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
If Israel doesn't want debate - it's simple. Stop the settlements. Their ongoing construction and expansion of them does nothing but add legitimacy to the theories that they are using the conflict to play the victim card while expanding their borders.

Such a simple request, yet it is one that Israel will never agree to.

You would think that means that we would have to wonder why, but a lot of Americans never seem to want to ask themselves that question.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
Everything in your post seems to be a mix of propaganda and conjecture. Ex. Do you have any evidence Israel gave Hamas weapons and or the weapons were stored in the UN compound? It's amazing you're making up an alibi up for ISrael who are trying to claim, they weren't the ones who bombed the school.

The UN agency stated that they found weapons in their basement. It was not Israel making the claim.
They (UN employees) also turned those weapons over to the Palestinians because the UN was not equipped to handle them.

You even posted in the thread that this was discussed. :colbert:
Your denial of the facts is very amusing:biggrin:

And I never stated that Israel gave Hamas weapons.

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005

With this I can agree, because I seriously dislike the notion of sticking a pencil up your neighbor's ass - it simply creates more hostility among people living out their lives.

It will be a big mess to solve due to the huge amount of people living there. I do wonder what will be come of our area in 20-30 years.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007

its not just about settlements. its really all about.... *drumroll*......

OIL!!!!!
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2393141

crude-oil2.jpg