The Lawyers at AT&T did it again, screwed themselves into a corner.

Nov 20, 2009
With yesterday's launch of HBO Max, two of the biggest streaming devices didn't have apps available for their viewers. Both Roku and Amazon FireTV could not play HBO Max, but could play other HBO-based subscription channels. HBO Max was first announced some 18 months ago and in that time AT&T failed to secure contracts with Roku and Amazon for streaming the HBO Max streaming service. I personally couldn't find the app for my Amazon Fire TV [stick] last night, but this morning I was able to find the app for it on my Xbox 1 S and install it, and log into it using my DirecTV credentials.

Is it me or does it sem like AT&T is shooting itself in the foot in raising the largest new subscription count by alienating these two streaming platforms over a thing they failed to do as lawyers ... and contracts?

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
I had AT&T back in 2011, what trash. I rather give Ea or Bank of America any kind of business before those people. I had a 6mbps dsl connection installed, and well i couldn't even get 1mb. It was to far away from the telephone pole so the installer told me when i complained after a immediate speedtest run to verify it was working correctly. Why not tell me this before installing? I would have told him to pack up and not waste either of our time or my friends money as he was paying the bill. They REFUSED to drop the bill, which included their sate bundle. Friend decided to eat it on his credit as he refused to pay a penny.

Oh i love karma and i hope these people crash and burn, just like EA and Bank of America. You DON'T fuck around like that and get away with it.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Is it me or does it sem like AT&T is shooting itself in the foot in raising the largest new subscription count by alienating these two streaming platforms over a thing they failed to do as lawyers ... and contracts?
Any company that creates three different streaming platforms for the same fucking service/company/IP licensing group deserves to fail.

Mar 11, 2004
They're just waiting until they can add the cost for it as a fee onto your ATT bill, regardless of you using it or them.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
I help support AT&T internal through my company, for nearly 15 years now. It's amazing how infrequently I've thought of them as a customer-facing service provider in all this time. I guess they really are sub-par compared to their competitors now that I think of it.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I help support AT&T internal through my company, for nearly 15 years now. It's amazing how infrequently I've thought of them as a customer-facing service provider in all this time. I guess they really are sub-par compared to their competitors now that I think of it.

And it's all your fault! :D