The last truely great game I played...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Woofmeister

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Shadowknight
Originally posted by: Dethfrumbelo
Originally posted by: Pale Rider
Both System Shock games were very good, and scary as heck! If any game series needs to be continued, it's the System Shock series.

Bioshock was supposed to be SS2's 'spiritual successor', but it's not even close.

I haven't played it myself, but I've heard It's not JUST like SS2, it IS SS2.

Thanks for the link, this review is hands down the funniest thing I've heard in weeks. In fact, Yahtzee's game reviews are frequently more entertaining than the games themselves. His review of Halo 3 may be the most intelligent one I've ever read.

Dethfrumbelo

Golden Member
Nov 16, 2004
Originally posted by: Woofmeister
Both System Shock games were very good, and scary as heck! If any game series needs to be continued, it's the System Shock series.

Bioshock was supposed to be SS2's 'spiritual successor', but it's not even close.

Thanks for the link, this review is hands down the funniest thing I've heard in weeks. In fact, Yahtzee's game reviews are frequently more entertaining than the games themselves. His review of Halo 3 may be the most intelligent one I've ever read.

He's not only funny as Hell, he's pretty much dead-on 99% of the time.

That said, his review of Bioshock is hardly flattering. He calls it a dumbed-down rip-off of SS2, which is exactly what Appopin said.

Coldkilla

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2004
Go Operation Flashpoint! :) I've never had a game last 6 years and throughout that time be continually used before.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Woofmeister

He's not only funny as Hell, he's pretty much dead-on 99% of the time.

That said, his review of Bioshock is hardly flattering. He calls it a dumbed-down rip-off of SS2, which is exactly what Appopin said.

OK, i finally listened to it ... i just summed it up a bit more concisely
- he gave it a 6.0 - i was more generous that day - but he is dead on and i love his humour.

In my book, BioShock will be forever known as BS

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
That review was awesome. :laugh: I haven't played the game but basically got all the same impressions from the demo. It looks like Bioshock is to SS2 what IW was to DX. A pretty good game in other words, but dumbed down for the masses and not in the same league as its predecessor.

I have liked and enjoyed many games since, but my last true love was Deus Ex.

Same here. Although I have played some excellent games since then, I don't think any of them have had me hooked for literally years the way DX did.