the kids

stormkroe

Golden Member
May 28, 2011
Here is a list of the victims with small biographies for those of us who are tired of seeing the murderer's face in this story.
Be with your kids when you get home from work. Don't be annoyed with them for interrupting your news paper time, or spilling their milk at supper. They'll be grown before you realize it and you'll long for the days of their innocense when all they wanted was you. Time with your kids is short even when their lives aren't taken from them, so relish it and try to hold on to each second.
I nearly lost 2 of my own kids, and I can't begin to empathize accurately with these families. Today is the first day I haven't wept openly over this, and I'm sure others here are having difficulties similar in nature, if not in expression.
So please, if you pray, pray for these families. If you don't pray, keep them in your mind and cherish your children above everything.
Because time is short.

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
I've no problem with most of this post, but out of kindness can we NOT repost the names? Let the families just cope with this...it's not our business to know the names...

stormkroe

Golden Member
May 28, 2011
That's why I just posted a link. I think that seeing what was lost goes a long way to making this real to others, instead of it being just another 'it could never happen to me' headline.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
I disagree, I don't think this makes it "real" I think it is weird.

It feels like feasting on other peoples' grief like vultures.

exdeath

Lifer
Jan 29, 2004
The hardest part is seeing them all grinning and still having all their baby teeth... :'(

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Prayer didn't save these children and praying won't bring closure or relief to their families.

However, my heart goes out to everyone affected by this tragedy and I hope this incident opens up a chance for legislators to have serious talks about resources for american's struggling with mental health and also talks about gun control. If the gun crowd won't make a concession on the types of guns they are allowed to have, alteast make sure gun owners are being responsible with their weapons.

Nov 30, 2006
Prayer didn't save these children and praying won't bring closure or relief to their families.

Really? What a horrible thing to say...much less think. I'm going to let you in on a little secret....it's OK for other people to be different than you. And based upon your incredibly insensitive comment...I think this is a good thing.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Really? What a horrible thing to say...much less think. I'm going to let you in on a little secret....it's OK for other people to be different than you. And based upon your incredibly insensitive comment...I think this is a good thing.

I'm entitled to my opinion. Funny, you guys have no problem with people spouting their religious babble on the forum, but I say prayer doesn't help and I'm "insensitive".

:hmm:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I'm entitled to my opinion. Funny, you guys have no problem with people spouting their religious babble on the forum, but I say prayer doesn't help and I'm "insensitive".

Yes, as insensitive as they were to you. You have no idea what prayer can do for some people even if it will do nothing for you and you are as entitled to your ignorance as those who are ignorant of why you take the position you do. Remember that everything is attitude and if prayer changes your attitude, how lucky could one be. It does nothing for you but don't just assume that means it does nothing for others. By the way, prayer is a form of humility, in my opinion and God, do we ever need that.

Phanuel

Platinum Member
Apr 25, 2008
Don't bring religious overtones into posts and people won't criticize.

THERE, IDIOTIC PROBLEM SOLVED!

But also, yeah, this is really creepy in general.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

It's a perfectly valid thing to think when your limit your understanding to what works for the person with that opinion. Some folk can't go by the road of faith. That is why there are other ways, to the truth, like through the mind or the body, the mind the body, the mind and the emotions, the emotions and the body, the mind body and emotions, the seven ways.

Nov 30, 2006

Of course you're entitled to your opinion....NOBODY said you weren't. I imagine that you believe yourself to be quite sensitive and even compassionate when it comes to other human being's suffering. However, in light of your comment, I don't happen to share this belief.

The reason I got on your case was because of your a cheap shot at religious people dealing with deep personal tragedy and profound suffering. There are better forums to voice your opinions about religious people. And the fact that you don't appear to realize this only magnifies the perception of your insensitivity.

I know you want to think of yourself as a "good person"...I do as well. But do yourself a favor...think about it.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007

However, my heart goes out to everyone affected by this tragedy and I hope this incident opens up a chance for legislators to have serious talks about resources for american's struggling with mental health and also talks about gun control. If the gun crowd won't make a concession on the types of guns they are allowed to have, alteast make sure gun owners are being responsible with their weapons.

You really are a piece of shit.

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
Nothing wrong with praying if it allows people to cope with grief. I've distant myself from religion in my mid 20s, but I am not going to be a jerk about it to those who are religious.

With that said, it is really hard to hold back tears reading this article.

Nov 30, 2006
Nothing wrong with praying if it allows people to cope with grief. I've distant myself from religion in my mid 20s, but I am not going to be a jerk about it to those who are religious.

With that said, it is really hard to hold back tears reading this article.
I got to the 2nd or 3rd kid and just couldn't do it anymore.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
You really are a piece of shit.

Look at the pot calling the kettle black.

:awe:

Tell me something...is it any wonder that he hates conservatives?

Right, because my political affiliations have everything to do with my stance on prayer. :rolleyes:

What else do you two have to say?

Don't try to take the high road and then start making stabs at who is a liberal and who isnt. Like you two are so much better than me.

I said I wouldn't pray and still offered my fucking support and now I'm getting jumped on. Really?

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2007

Right, because my political affiliations have everything to do with my stance on prayer. :rolleyes:

Don't try to take the high road and then start making stabs at who is a liberal and who isnt. Like you two are so much better than me.

I said I wouldn't pray and still offered my fucking support and now I'm getting jumped on. Really?

I do believe Doc Savage Fan's post was directed at Matt1970 and not you. I believe his intentions with that post was to ask Matt1970 that question because of his post.

Personally i don't see a problem here, it can certainly help the families to pray if they are religious but as for others praying for the families... For those who do that rather than actually DOING something to help the families is just laziness and an ego trip to feel good about themselves as if they actually did something of any importance that took any effort what so ever.

I'm fairly convinced that if Jesus was on this forum he'd tell them that too.

Nov 30, 2006

I'm sorry...you don't seem to get it. I have nothing more to say.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Honestly don't see anything wrong with posting their names as a remembrance.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007

I am not the one who came in and blindsided the way a lot of people cope with difficult situations. A lot of people turn to God during times like this. Somehow you feel that times like these are good opportunities to take your pop shots at religion.

Jun 26, 2007
I am not the one who came in and blindsided the way a lot of people cope with difficult situations. A lot of people turn to God during times like this. Somehow you feel that times like these are good opportunities to take your pop shots at religion.

I think the point is that praying for those families isn't going to do anything more than make the one praying feel better about themselves while not actually doing anything that WOULD help those families.

I don't think anyone is arguing that for those who are religious in these families praying doesn't help them, i'm sure it does and there is really no action they can take that will help with anything at this point in time.

Part of the mourning process is to bargain and who should they bargain with if not with god?

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
I think the point is that praying for those families isn't going to do anything more than make the one praying feel better about themselves while not actually doing anything that WOULD help those families.

I don't think anyone is arguing that for those who are religious in these families praying doesn't help them, i'm sure it does and there is really no action they can take that will help with anything at this point in time.

Part of the mourning process is to bargain and who should they bargain with if not with god?

Then the prayer is working. You all can keep any opinions otherwise to yourselves as they certainly aren't going to do any good to anyone. And ya, he did say it doesn't help them.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Then the prayer is working. You all can keep any opinions otherwise to yourselves as they certainly aren't going to do any good to anyone. And ya, he did say it doesn't help them.

Fucking get over it then, you're whining that I derailed the thread and look at what you're doing... You are in no place to tell anyone they're a piece of shit with all the BS you say on this forum.

DIAF.

I said how I felt and nothing more, I only came back and commented after you folks started whining about it. Although I said Prayer would not work, I DID offer my support and well wishes and that was it...then the religious crowd came into the thread to whine about me stating my opinion. :rolleyes:

The only people in here trying to start drama are you guys. I didn't say anything inflammatory, you folks just got your panties in a bunch..