The IRS Raids 60 Million Personal Medical Records scandal #4??

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
I'm still waiting for scandal #1 that actually involves the Obama administration?

as of now we have proof any do. i am also all for investigating them all.

SO what do you want done on these? ignored? forgotten?

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Only an idiot would vote to give the IRS more power!

You have to vote for it to find out whats in it.

Obammacare Rocks.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
as of now we have proof any do. i am also all for investigating them all.

SO what do you want done on these? ignored? forgotten?

Who ever said that problems with governance should be ignored or forgotten? They just aren't scandals, at least not as we normally understand them to relate to presidents.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Who ever said that problems with governance should be ignored or forgotten? They just aren't scandals, at least not as we normally understand them to relate to presidents.

Of course not, how could gross abuse of government power to target political opponents, lying to the public, targeting the press/media, and more gross invasion of privacy all under one administration at the same time constitute "scandal"? :whiste: It would only be a scandal if it was done by republicans. Duh.

Bober had it pretty much spot on, as expected.

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
So this statement in the article says it all right here:

Truth is, every indication suggests that the agency doesn’t even want the obligations it’s being given under Obamcare. It rightly recognizes that it has enough on its plate already.

There is no reason these bureaucratic burdens can’t be discharged elsewhere inside the government. The IRS was pulled into Obamacare not out of necessity, but expediency. It was judged that handing over certain obligations to the IRS would be the fastest way to get the law implemented.

The Obama Administration shouldn’t settle for this. Neither should we.

Now keep in mind Republicans blocked everything they could to give more money, funding and manpower to the IRS, so they are severely understaffed, and I imagined some are just in the stage of "I don't give a fuck anymore", and this is the result. That is what this looks like. So in an effort to make Obama fail at every turn, the repubs efforts seem to be paying off, and so this is just the begining of the chaos they have brought down to undermine the new healthcare law, at American's expense.

So no, don't blame the President, blame the ones who purposefully did all they could to sabotage and create just what you see in this article.

I think there are some pretty corrupt individuals in the IRS as well, no dispute about that, especially if they went in there knowing they were breaking the law and pretty much did this anyway. But this is a symptom of all the BS that is going on with the dysfunction in congress, the undermining at every turn.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Only an idiot would vote to give the IRS more power!

You have to vote for it to find out whats in it.

Obammacare Rocks.

I admit the recent BS with the IRS really causes me to worry about Obammacare.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Of course not, how could gross abuse of government power to target political opponents, lying to the public, targeting the press/media, and more gross invasion of privacy all under one administration at the same time constitute "scandal"? :whiste: It would only be a scandal if it was done by republicans. Duh.

Except of course that there's no indication that anyone in the Obama administration abused government power to target political opponents, lied to the public, targeted the press, or invaded anyone's privacy here. All of that is freely available information, and there's no way you don't actually know that.

Then again, you guys never had a particularly good grasp of reality to begin with. For you the most important part is to attack the opposing political football team.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Congress authorizes funding for an agency.

They do not go around telling the agency what to do.

That is the responsibility of the executive branch.

As we have seen, the executive branch can choose to ignore the law and/or not implement it.

this is the same; Orders came down for these people to do something; we need to find out who gave the order from above and for what purpose.

Passing the buck onto the grunts does not cut it.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Yes, I'm sure you weren't worried at all until this very point. :rolleyes:

sure i was. but this is far beyond what most people would think would happen (well besides beck who has been yelling it).

in a short time we have 2 stories of the IRS acting unconstitutional. From targeting people against the government and not major illegal search (well sadly im willing to bet both will be found legal).

yes it really now scares me. before i was worried about cost now i wonder if they will use the information they have in worse ways.

Nov 8, 2012
So this statement in the article says it all right here:

Truth is, every indication suggests that the agency doesn’t even want the obligations it’s being given under Obamcare. It rightly recognizes that it has enough on its plate already.

There is no reason these bureaucratic burdens can’t be discharged elsewhere inside the government. The IRS was pulled into Obamacare not out of necessity, but expediency. It was judged that handing over certain obligations to the IRS would be the fastest way to get the law implemented.

The Obama Administration shouldn’t settle for this. Neither should we.

Now keep in mind Republicans blocked everything they could to give more money, funding and manpower to the IRS, so they are severely understaffed, and I imagined some are just in the stage of "I don't give a fuck anymore", and this is the result. That is what this looks like. So in an effort to make Obama fail at every turn, the repubs efforts seem to be paying off, and so this is just the begining of the chaos they have brought down to undermine the new healthcare law, at American's expense.

So no, don't blame the President, blame the ones who purposefully did all they could to sabotage and create just what you see in this article.

I think there are some pretty corrupt individuals in the IRS as well, no dispute about that, especially if they went in there knowing they were breaking the law and pretty much did this anyway. But this is a symptom of all the BS that is going on with the dysfunction in congress, the undermining at every turn.

Sooooooooo what you're saying is... vote for the people who voted for mandatory cost cuts at places like the IRS?? Okay! :cool:

actuarial

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2009

As much as you may want to agree with Bober's assessment of those individuals in general, only 1 person on his list has even posted in this thread, and he didn't post anything even remotely similar to his prediction.

It would certainly be nice if on occasion in P&N there was a discussion about the actual issue rather than the letter attached to it, but those who complain the loudest about the problem are anything but part of the solution.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Just to get it out of the way...

First: lol troll thread

eskimospy: *long winded bullshit about how this is necessary and good*

ivwshane: It's the Republicans fault.

umbrella69: Awww, poor butthurt Republicans trying to blame something on the black guy.

sportage: *long rambling post with incoherent sentence structure and random punctuation*

WhipperSnapper: Republicans should all die.

thrashman: I blame Ron Paul.
You made my day Comrade.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
The press and the public gave them enough rope, they managed to hang themselves with their abuses of power.
That pretty much sums it up but as long as they think they can pin it on an underling...

I read a brief article somewhere very recently where the author was asking how many times do politicians let accusations against them linger and fester while they throw out bullshit excuses? Never, if they're not guilty of the charges. They get on it immediately and quash it ASAP.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
I dont expect much or any prison time for any of these recent scandals and that is why they will continue in the future. It is really unfortunate but that is how it is. Not long ago we found out that the IRS can go through all your email if it is past a certain age or some such crap, now targeting certain groups, raping HIPAA it never stops.