The IRS is reading your email and doesn't need a warrant

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
It wouldn't have mattered if anyone participated or not. Elections no longer determine how laws are made and enforced in this country. They are just an sideshow meant to distract us from the real agenda that both parties have in common.

Yes it would have mattered. If no one showed up for their rituals it would mean they no longer have consent. That would also mean people would have woken up from their slumber and realized government has no right to rule and with that their proposed "authority" would vanish too.

All it takes is for enough people to believe that no one and no other group of people have more rights than you do.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Yes it would have mattered. If no one showed up for their rituals it would mean they no longer have consent. That would also mean people would have woken up from their slumber and realized government has no right to rule and with that their proposed "authority" would vanish too.

All it takes is for enough people to believe that no one and no other group of people have more rights than you do.

You really believe that, don't you? You know what I believe? Our government spends about a trillion dollars annually on a military industrial complex that would tell us to fuck off if nobody voted. The machine does not quit rolling just because we no longer put our foot on the gas.

Vdubchaos

Lifer
Nov 11, 2009
They're going to be looking at your medical records, in the next few years.

This is nothing NEW. This is exactly what you voted for.

Exactly

I don't see how ANY of this is even news.

Government has been able to access just about ANYTHING on you whenever the hell they want. Better yet, they no longer need any "agencies" to do so, they simply access the private sector whenever they want.

It's been going on for 10+ years!!!

I blame the voters as well!

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
What's legal and acceptable today might not be legal and acceptable tomorrow but records of your opinion and actions will live on forever.

Apparently the IRS is also using Facebook/Twitter to check what you claim on your returns and use that information to audit you.

http://patdollard.com/2013/04/irs-collecting-tax-payer-info-from-social-media-sites/

This is what America has wanted after 911 and just the tip of the iceberg on the potential for abuse and how this will be used.

aaaaaaaannnndd another reason never to use Facebook/Twitter or their ilk.

sixone

Lifer
May 3, 2004
You act as if medical records are sacrosanct. They are not. If you are subject of a criminal investigation the state can use a grand jury subpoena to get your medical records. The only person who signs that subpoena is the prosecutor. It is secret and the person being investigated will never know their records have been pulled unless they get charged/indicted.

Furthermore certain types of medical records are already tracked by most states and are accessible to law enforcement without warrants if they are investigating a crime. Most notably are prescriptions for schedule II-V drugs. Most states keep those records in a database for a year or more. The databases are setup to stop Dr Shopping and Prescription fraud. These programs aren't new. Far from it.

Big difference between using those records in a criminal investigation, and using them for political reasons.

The IRS has zero need to be scoping people's FB and Twiiter posts for wrongdoing. Why wouldn't they do the same with your medical records, WHEN they get the chance?

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
This is why I sign up for as many spam sites as possible.

I get probably 1,500 spam emails a day, and maybe one in a 6 month period that would give them any clue about how I'm evading taxes.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
You really believe that, don't you?

You betcha!

You know what I believe? Our government spends about a trillion dollars annually on a military industrial complex that would tell us to fuck off if nobody voted.

Who do you think the machine has manning its guns? Robots? Possibly in the future but as of now people are behind them and if no one voted that would mean even those holding those weapons would not support it. Not to mention there's about 90 million who are armed in this country. If they chose to think that "government" was not needed it would cease to exist. In that instant. Period.

The machine does not quit rolling just because we no longer put our foot on the gas.

The rolling stops when enough people say it does.

I will say though that there is a point where government will crack down hard on dissenters because it would want to stop the idea from hitting critical mass. The very simple idea that government doesn't have some moral authority that you don't have over someone else. This will be them waiving the white flag and it will only be a matter of time.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
You betcha!

Who do you think the machine has manning its guns? Robots? Possibly in the future but as of now people are behind them and if no one voted that would mean even those holding those weapons would not support it. Not to mention there's about 90 million who are armed in this country. If they chose to think that "government" was not needed it would cease to exist. In that instant. Period.

The rolling stops when enough people say it does.

I will say though that there is a point where government will crack down hard on dissenters because it would want to stop the idea from hitting critical mass. The very simple idea that government doesn't have some moral authority that you don't have over someone else. This will be them waiving the white flag and it will only be a matter of time.

Well we better hurry up, because they are already building robot soldiers.

GMC12

Oct 6, 2012
I.r.s.is worse then commonest country n. Korea and china as well as others that not mantion.