The Iraqi situation

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
The entire planning and execution of the Iraq War can be described in three words: one big fvckup

The U.S. occupation of Iraq has turned into a daily debacle, say experts, because the Washington ideologues who planned the war were living in a fantasy.

Now, demoralized American forces are being attacked more than a dozen times a day and nearly every day an American soldier is killed. Iraqis are terrorized by violent crime; they lack water, electricity and jobs. With gunfire echoing through the night and no fans to stir the desert heat, people can't sleep and nerves are brittle. The number of troops on the ground is proving inadequate to restore order, but reinforcements, much less replacements, aren't readily available, and foreign help is not forthcoming. Saddam Hussein, like Osama bin Laden, is still at large. The White House now says the occupation will cost nearly $4 billion a month. While American fortunes could always improve, on Wednesday, Gen. John P. Abizaid, the new commander in Iraq, said American troops are fighting a guerrilla war, contradicting the sanguine rhetoric coming from the administration.

From Heros to targets

AnImuS

Sep 28, 2001
what would you have done different? and dont say "i wouldnt not of gone to war". i REALLY want to know how you would run things different with a population of 25million...

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Why not say I wouldn't have gone to war. That, I tyhink, IS the point. The war was illegal. Time for Bush to be tried.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
we wouldn't have dead american corpses coming back daily if we had played along with the international community; saddam would be kept in check, and death would not have overcast the countries of iraq & the US.

who is george bush to determine who is good enough to be in power or not? who is george bush to force our culture upon others?

the most stark symbolism of george bush came yesterday at the blair/bush news press conference, when asked if bush took responsibility for what was in his SOTU'03 speech. he wined and stumbled upon his words, and all he could muster was that he took responsibility for taking military action against iraq. he would not take responsibility for what he told the american people, or the world.

that's pretty damn sad for a president to shrug responsibility and lie to his people, in my opinion.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: AnImuS
what would you have done different? and dont say "i wouldnt not of gone to war". i REALLY want to know how you would run things different with a population of 25million...

If I were George Bush...

I would have not appointed the corrupt Chalabi, I would have brought in more international troops so our boys could go home and get some rest. I would allow the French, Germans, UN... whatever to help us rebuild Iraq. We can't do it alone and we shouldn't do it alone.
The Iraqi's don't hate Europeans as much as they hate Americans, and it will look less like imperialism.

I would have had the museums as well guarded as the oilfields were. I would have order a task force specifically for finding and eliminating Saddam once and for all.

Then I would apologize for starting this war based on lies and resign as president for the good of the people.

zephyrprime

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
I would have shot looters on site and started forming a police force immediately. I would have ordered every iraqi back to work doing whatever he was doing before even though the US would have to pay the bill for doing so for a few months. I would also give rewards for Iraqis to rat out the current resistance force.