The image of Bush the Puppet King emerges again

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

syzygy

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2001
Originally posted by: BOBDN
Originally posted by: syzygy
this unflattering link counts 3 overseas forays by bush junior. i googled it. it came up the first link. you could've
done the same if you had any pretensions for objectivity. it seems all your links don't shy away from their
ideological slant.

frist trip was in 1975 to china with his pop. next, 1988 to the middle east where he was part of a governors
peace delegation. in 1990 he went to gambia. this partisan link also imputes his knowedge and interest in
world affairs. a fairly childish tactic but judging the source it shouldn't surprise.

the apparent tight control bush has over his press conferences dosn't seem to have affected the major networks.
they're his conferences and he can tweak and define them as he wishes. the fact he does not care for helen thomas
is always a plus. the major networks continue in their liberal ways, so they don't seem too perturbed with his controls.

with that said, i would love to see the gladiatorial openness the british reps put their prime ministers through.

presidents (and all elected officials) are afforded the latitude to define their public appearances as they see fit. if
you don't like the fact that bush denies you another opportunity to ridicule his habits, simply invent them. conjur
them up. pick them out of the air. don't let the absence of facts prevent you from creating your own. i'm sure you
understand that already.

Well his trips were kept very well hidden. During the 2000 campaign the fact that Bush hadn't travelled outside the USA and couldn't name the leader of any nation outside of the UK, France and Germany was made public over and over. Bush and his campaign never denied the facts. Now you Google it and come up with a right wing site that has info on his world travels.

Perhaps it is you who should worry about your sources instead of the myth of the liberal media.

Bush is a foreign policy neophyte. His performance up to now proves that.

uh, the site i linked to is clearly left-wingy. but you read that well, right ? its not like its obvious
rolleye.gif

and his trips were kept so well hidden that the first generated link from google was to that wacky left-wing
site which you can even identify as such. the 'facts' you continue to cling to have been proven false, by none
other than your fellow tin brigade folk. re-read the link if you wish. you're on a brilliant roll. congratulations.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Despite his recent trip to Africa (and his past foray to Gambia). . . during the campaign Bush basically said the whole continent was not a pressing concern. I'm sure you consider Molly Ivins a leftist political hack (you would be wrong but hey no one's minding the store at P & N). Anyway, her book Shrub is an interesting chronicle of GWB. I can loan you a copy if you like.

Outside of the command to love the Lord and your fellow man, there are few virtues extolled moreso than humility. Not only before God, but your fellow man and humility in the faith. The political gain extracted from Bush's proselytizing is not ancillary. He could easily practice his faith (even fellowship) without advertising his beliefs. I cannot speak for the man but I would wager some members of his team encourage his behavior.

It's not just right wing twits that buy into his pandering. I know several right of center but not rigidly religious couples that were drawn to GWB b/c he frequently puts his faith on display. I would query them on why its good to profess it but not act in concert with the words of Christ . . . but that conversation rarely turns out well.

I respect Clinton b/c he became a success despite his birth as opposed to Bush who became a success soley b/c of his birth. Granted, Neil Bush is looking like a dud but he still made a lot of money (not including the $1B lost at his S&L) plus he managed to do a sex tour of SE Asia and write it off as a business expense.