The "I just bought..." thread.

Page 123 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
6'1" 210lbs...today. Subject to change.

@Red Squirrel. I fall asleep during the day even if I go to bed at 9pm...its time for a fix.

@lxskllr bismuth and cheap whiskey. Sucks you don't have cheap whiskey.

@Ajay. Something about your Mom something...

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
6'1" 210lbs...today. Subject to change.

@Red Squirrel. I fall asleep during the day even if I go to bed at 9pm...its time for a fix.
Ouch yeah it sounds like you may legit have an issue then. Other than not being a morning person, I don't have any tiredness issue once I'm up and awake.

For me they said it's mild, but I don't really have issues with sleep. In fact I sleep better now that I stopped using it. It was just a burden to deal with for me. I still have the jaw clenching issue though but I just learned to live with it, since the cure is worse than the symptoms. They started with a mouth guard but that was even worse than the cpap. Like trying to go to bed with a baseball in your mouth.

• Wow
Reactions: highland145

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Rectifier shelf I bought came in the other day, just got around to wiring the AC side just now. There's different ways to wire it, I opted to do 3 power cords with a rectifier on each one as that gives me option later to spread load across hydro and solar for example. From my understanding they will share the load equally. There's an alarm on it now but I can't get in to see what it is yet. It may possibly have to do with fact that there's no load on it, not even batteries.

I also need to figure out the password. The same one I use for my luggage didn't work. :( I'll contact the seller, if no help I will dig up in the manual, surely there's a factory reset option I can do. It also has a web interface that I'll play around with once I reset the password.

Will probably be a while before I actually put this to real use as this is just one piece of the project but also the hardest one to find so pretty stoked I got it. Need to start thinking about the DC wiring and distribution now. I want to do this proper as my current setup is a little how-you-doing with fuses danging in the ceiling and stuff. I read QO panels actually support DC, I just need to figure out where to buy the DC rated breakers, can't seem to find them anywhere. That would be the cleanest option, just run everything through that panel. If not I will do bus bars like they do in COs.

Screenshot from 2023-10-20 01-23-04.png

Screenshot from 2023-10-20 01-24-12.png

Screenshot from 2023-10-20 01-24-23.png

Screenshot from 2023-10-20 02-08-39.png

So the web interface requires flash... well that sucks. Basically unusable. I can still configure the more important stuff on the front panel though.

I don't get why devs insist on using flash, java, activeX and similar garbage for interfaces that could easily be done with html/css/javascript.

Last edited:

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I ordered Starlink. I feel dirty but I’m running out of options for internet. Cable is terrible here and the house was never wired for cable. The DSL is failing and the phone company technicians are telling me that they are running out of good wire pairs to use. The neighborhood wiring is sixty years old and falling apart. The phone company has no intention of replacing it. No one plans to run fiber here. Verizon hasn’t rolled out 5G residential service here and no one else provides reliable cell coverage. I’ll see how it goes.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
I ordered Starlink. I feel dirty but I’m running out of options for internet. Cable is terrible here and the house was never wired for cable. The DSL is failing and the phone company technicians are telling me that they are running out of good wire pairs to use. The neighborhood wiring is sixty years old and falling apart. The phone company has no intention of replacing it. No one plans to run fiber here. Verizon hasn’t rolled out 5G residential service here and no one else provides reliable cell coverage. I’ll see how it goes.
Huh, pretty high population in where you live. Is the size of the city (area) an impediment to building out more infrastructure??

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Huh, pretty high population in where you live. Is the size of the city (area) an impediment to building out more infrastructure??
I'm in a far flung exurb. The fiber thing pisses me off. The phone company ran fiber to new neighborhoods nearby but skipped the older neighborhoods, providing service for people who didn't live there yet while ignoring current customers. To add insult, there is a transcontinental fiber repeater station a quarter mile from my house. It's been there for decades. Do we get access? Nope. I wish Arizona had taken the tack that Wyoming took during the fiber boom of the 1990s. "If you want a permit to run fiber through our state, you have to provide access to the towns along the routes."

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
I'm in a far flung exurb. The fiber thing pisses me off. The phone company ran fiber to new neighborhoods nearby but skipped the older neighborhoods, providing service for people who didn't live there yet while ignoring current customers. To add insult, there is a transcontinental fiber repeater station a quarter mile from my house. It's been there for decades. Do we get access? Nope. I wish Arizona had taken the tack that Wyoming took during the fiber boom of the 1990s. "If you want a permit to run fiber through our state, you have to provide access to the towns along the routes."
Well, that sucks. Good luck with Starlink.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca

Reminds me when they ran fibre in my city, they were very selective as to what houses could get service and which ones could not, even if the fibre ran nearby. Is it too much to ask to add a splice box? They also won't offer it to businesses. They make more money selling them overpriced T1 and ISDN lines instead.

They also didn't want to spend the money doing underground runs so it's only those who have overhead cable plant that got it. The cable company actually did the whole city including underground, they used directional drilling. That must have cost a lot though... but they did it anyway. They only did fibre to the node though, and I presume they were able to tie the nodes in with existing coax going to houses, so it was probably not too bad of a job. I've also been told they don't have battery backup at the nodes so if the power goes out everyone loses internet. So the fibre service is better... if you can get it! Thankfully I do have it myself.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Sort of. I figured I'd get into suspension. Nothing says "FUN!" like big hooks in your back, and hauling yourself up to the ceiling.

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
A pair of Skinny, and a pair of Straight leg pants from Shein.
I'm as fat as ever so let's see how this goes in a couple of weeks.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Git a case of Pineapple Fanta. Had it for the first time in Vegas and liked it. It is not locally bottled. I am just glad someone imported it from the states.