The "I just bought..." thread.

Page 40 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
@Geekbabe ! Good to see a post from you. Hope that you and your "fur children" are doing well. I don't have any "fur children" yet, although there was a cat that seemed to be begging for me to take (them) in, some time ago. (It might have been someones, this is a fairly large apt. complex with lots of "elderly" - I say that in quotes, because most of them have better stamina than I do, and I'm going to be 48 this year. Feel like I've got one foot in the grave, weight 425 lately.)

I guess, had a felt in better circumstances, perhaps I would have, but ... my apt., is a tiny crowded hoarder mess. (See my apt. pic in the ATOT "draw a picture" thread. No place for an animal, sorry, "fur child" to even walk around safely.)

Reactions: jman19

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I guess, had a felt in better circumstances, perhaps I would have, but ... my apt., is a tiny crowded hoarder mess. (See my apt. pic in the ATOT "draw a picture" thread. No place for an animal, sorry, "fur child" to even walk around safely.)
You just have to select the "right kind" of pet when already having a "crowded hoarder mess". In fact, pet rats are good for getting around just fine. ;)

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
@Geekbabe ! Good to see a post from you. Hope that you and your "fur children" are doing well. I don't have any "fur children" yet, although there was a cat that seemed to be begging for me to take (them) in, some time ago. (It might have been someones, this is a fairly large apt. complex with lots of "elderly" - I say that in quotes, because most of them have better stamina than I do, and I'm going to be 48 this year. Feel like I've got one foot in the grave, weight 425 lately.)

First thing you need to do is to love yourself enough to hook up with a good Doctor & get your health, both physical & mental in better order. You are only 48, you deserve a better life than the one you are currently living .... hugs to you & a fur child might well rescue you, my Grayson has brought so much pleasure to my existence:)

Reactions: VirtualLarry

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Last July but....Boss wanted an Emperor Japanese maple. Local was $250 for 4'. Ordered it online from the tree center for half that. Comes in and my landscaper friend says that we shouldn't plant it until winter.

Well, it didn't have any new growth during the summer, which was concerning. The leaves turned and dropped in the fall so we planted Emperor Charlie Brown last month....today, win.

Attachments

• 0322211833.jpg
    0322211833.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 18

iCyborg

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2008
Got a new vacuum cleaner, Dyson Ball Animal 2, allegedly their strongest. Political views of the owner aside, those things are really good.
It was on sale around Christmas for CDN $500, but it was sold out. Since it wasn't urgent, I just waited for another sale - it's $450 now. Good things come to he who is patient.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
I bought this about 1.5 months ago but just got it today. A fully-loaded Haworth Fern. I got it from Modern Planet, and they had a 15% discount code with free shipping, so the final price was only $927.

I absolutely love it! It's comfortable as hell (once you get it setup right), and has a ton of adjustments. The way that the back "net" moves with you and gives even and consistent support is pretty awesome.

My monitor sucks so I don't know if it shows well in the photos, but the back is more of a teal color, while the seat is a darker gray.

The only thing I don't like is the headrest - it's way too firm, and would be nicer if it pivoted. I could have ordered the chair without one, but I think I can just remove it if I really want to.

I ordered the extra lumbar support and I was worried it might be too much, but it's very subtle. It's pretty much an air bladder rather than any hard rubber or plastic most chairs tend to use.

Don't mind the mess - I'm working on making a new desk, which I'll finish at some point, and working from home...

1616516697125.png

1616516714743.png

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Last July but....Boss wanted an Emperor Japanese maple. Local was $250 for 4'. Ordered it online from the tree center for half that. Comes in and my landscaper friend says that we shouldn't plant it until winter.

Well, it didn't have any new growth during the summer, which was concerning. The leaves turned and dropped in the fall so we planted Emperor Charlie Brown last month....today, win.
'Plant in the winter' really threw me; since that's pretty much impossible in New England.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Not a true just bought, as I had all these parts already on a vintage Trek frame that was just a size too small on me, though still easily rideable. My LBS found me this awesome used steel Soma frame in the perfect size, as I prefer steel frames, so just paid a little bit of money for the frame with trading in the vintage one and did the parts swap, and voila, a nice secondary ride. Kind of fitting since my nice bike is a new Soma Double Cross Disc build, this is just an older Some Double Cross. Solid Taiwanese steel frame manufacturer. That newer Soma build can't come with me to the city when I want to lock it up out of sight, so this is the bike for those journeys. I won't cry if it gets stolen, though I'll be sad:

PXL_20210309_212112050_2 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Lightly used weber genesis II e610. When I say lightly I mean I pulled out the internals thinking I was gonna scrub but warm water and paper towel made it all look nearly brand new. It even came with a cover.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
zurm58g7D7nSqtSjn8ft8W-970-80.jpg

Seasonic Focus GX-650, to replace the somewhat noisy Corsair TX650M.

My system is so freaking quiet that I barely hear it when sitting at my computer. I was so worried that by replacing one noisy component that my attention would be drawn to some other 'equally' annoying noise-making component, but my system is so quiet now I think I can only (barely) hear the 4TB WD Blue... until it spins down in probably less than 5 minutes :)

The Focus GX is passively cooled until it hits 30% load.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009

Attachments

• 0330211816.jpg
    0330211816.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
Reactions: lxskllr and nisryus

Stiff Clamp

Feb 3, 2021
A Logitech webcam - C922x model. Price dropped to $98. Shipped via Amazon carrier, wha the ...? How to track it ? Hmm

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I decided to order a big-ass Maglite from AAFES.

After I took it out of the package and showed the wife it, I told her that her new marital aid arrived today. She didn't find that comment nearly as funny as I did. :p

8.jpg