The "I just bought..." thread.

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Hmm, a BlueTooth Speaker, by Cambridge Soundworks? I had one of their 2.1 systems, sold by Creative Labs, it was one of the best PC/Multimedia speaker systems that I had heard up until that time. Couple of mini-cubes, and a sub. Together, they sounded great. I knew a friend that had a set of 'em too.
I had the 4.1 surround version of the Creative Cambridge SoundWorks mini cubes for my Sound Blaster Live! setup. At first I thought it was great until I started hearing faint radio stations it was somehow picking up on. Once I heard it I couldn't un-hear it. :(

Last edited:

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
2 weeks ago I bought a Detroit style pizza pan from Amazon made by LLoydPans:

I love this pan. Nothing sticks to it and it doubles as a roast pan.

You're gonna love it! I got one a few months ago & it's a beast! Crusts come out so good!! If you wanna go whole-hog:

Reactions: Iron Woode

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
You're gonna love it! I got one a few months ago & it's a beast! Crusts come out so good!! If you wanna go whole-hog:

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
Bit of a spending spree this past week.

Guitar: LTD SC-20 - Stephen Carpenter's 20th Anniversary guitar. Didn't really need a new guitar, but I got such a great deal and I'm a Deftones fan, so what the heck.

Guitar Pedal: DigiTech FreqOut

Phone: Samsung S20+
Accessories: 512GB micro SD card, Samsung 15w wireless charger, Spigen Tough Armor case, and two USB-C to 3.5mm adapters with DAC built-in.

Set of Tubes: Complete tube replacement set for my Peavey 5150 Block Letter amp head. Power and Preamp tubes that are Matched and Balanced from Doug's Tubes.

Last edited:
Reactions: lxskllr and Fritzo

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
I finally found a DQHD monitor and the delivery just got delayed. Waiting is driving me nuts.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
I had the 4.1 surround version of the Creative Cam ridge SoundWorks mini cubes for my Sound Blaster Live! setup. At first I thought it was great until I started hearing faint radio stations it was somehow picking up on. Once I heard it I couldn't un-hear it. :(

Unshielded cabling will pick up AM radio.

Reactions: CZroe

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Bit of a spending spree this past week.

Guitar: LTD SC-20 - Stephen Carpenter's 20th Anniversary guitar. Didn't really need a new guitar, but I got such a great deal and I'm a Deftones fan, so what the heck.

Guitar Pedal: DigiTech FreqOut

Phone: Samsung S20+
Accessories: 512GB micro SD card, Samsung 15w wireless charger, Spigen Tough Armor case, and two USB-C to 3.5mm adapters with DAC built-in.

Set of Tubes: Complete tube replacement set for my Peavey 5150 Block Letter amp head. Power and Preamp tubes that are Matched and Balanced from Doug's Tubes.

That FreqOut pedal is getting a lot of press. Thought about getting that myself :D

I broke down and ordered that Positive Grid Spark amp everyone is raving about. The features look amazing, and the automatic backing tracks look fun. I'm in no hurry, so the delayed shipping isn't bothering me.

Also got a new Google Nest Wifi router. HOLY CRAP is this thing strong...huge upgrade over the original Google Wifi pucks!

Reactions: LikeLinus

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001

I made this 4 times already. Crust is SPOT ON, but you need to use bread flour. AP flour doesn't rise as much and gives a dense bread-like texture. Also be sure to use a dark pan. Tried it in an aluminum uncoated pan and it didn't brown as much. Also, Butterkäse cheese is a great substitute for brick cheese (though the Monterey Jack worked really well too).

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
That FreqOut pedal is getting a lot of press. Thought about getting that myself :D

I broke down and ordered that Positive Grid Spark amp everyone is raving about. The features look amazing, and the automatic backing tracks look fun. I'm in no hurry, so the delayed shipping isn't bothering me.

Also got a new Google Nest Wifi router. HOLY CRAP is this thing strong...huge upgrade over the original Google Wifi pucks!

Yeah, the Digitech pedal was a bit of a blind purchase, lol. I was looking at everyone's pedal boards on the AXE-FX III forum and so many people had this pedal! A lot of them had great things to say about it. I got it from a vendor on Ebay that was blowing them out for $99. They normally go for $149, so I bit and purchased it. :D

OH, the Positive Grid Spark amp! Let us know how it is. I've seen a few post on TheGearPage about it. Looks neat and I really want a smaller practice amp for my master bedroom. I was looking at one of those 1x12 Orange or something like that.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Unshielded cabling will pick up AM radio.
Yeah. I was using the cables they came with. Sounds like they should have included shielded cables if they cared what people like me thought about their quality. :(

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
Which one did you end up getting? Sounds cool!
aoc agon ag493ucx Amazing warranty and it have a built in KVM which will make using my work laptop with it much easier. Normal KVMs can't really handle high refresh very well and the ones that can are $$$$$

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
I made this 4 times already. Crust is SPOT ON, but you need to use bread flour. AP flour doesn't rise as much and gives a dense bread-like texture. Also be sure to use a dark pan. Tried it in an aluminum uncoated pan and it didn't brown as much. Also, Butterkäse cheese is a great substitute for brick cheese (though the Monterey Jack worked really well too).
I just love the pan I bought. I cooked a 6lb pork roast in it last night along with some veggies. The pan took 5 mins to clean up including some burned on stuff. Unbelievable.

I made pizza in it too. Turned out great.

Reactions: Fritzo

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Covid has killed my car battery. I work from home but I still had used it a few times a week to go to kid things. Now I leave it untouched (since we have a daily drive-around sedan) for almost a week at a time, and even though I jump-started it yesterday, apparently I didn't drive it for long enough so it was dead again this morning. The battery was replaced only a few months ago, so every dead battery cycle hurts. So now I have had to buy a battery charger/maintainer. I feel better already.

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
ECM Synchronika w/ Flow Control
Ceado E37S
BWT BestMax water filter w/ in-line pressure regulator
All sorts of other goodies to make espresso like a pr0.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
I just bought it for work (they'd buy me one but it would take weeks) for conference calls/Web Ex on my cell phone. When I retire I'll use it in the shower while I am sipping my whiskey.
Sipping whiskey in the shower? How do you keep the water/spray from cutting it? Now I'm picturing a sippy cup

• Haha
Reactions: myocardia

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Not sure how it will work yet. All I know is I am getting older and my doctor suggested putting a bar in the shower.
Got a number for your doctor? I could use his professional guidance.