The "I just bought..." thread.

Page 78 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
I just pre-ordered the Grand Stand multi-functional music stand, coming out later this month (early-bird pricing starts at $110). Pretty bonkers:

1. Table, Desk/Sitting, and standing mode (20cm to 160cm height), including horizontal mode (goes flat & has clips to secure a laptop)
2. Super-simple twist & friction-lock height-adjustment system (see video below)
3. Swappable media plates (sheet music, books, tablets, laptops)

This may not seem like a big deal if you're not a music person, but I especially because have ADHD & get frustrated easily (I want to yeet most stands out the window lol), having a music stand that I can use on a desk, or sitting, or standing, that goes up & down easily, that also lets me switch between devices (iPad + laptop) & media (sheet music + books) easily, is AMAZING!

Reactions: Meghan54 and Muse

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
VIVOSUN 4x2 Grow Tent, 48"x24"x60" (Amazon)

$69 shipped (Prime day deal) Only good for 2-3 plants maximum but that should be more then enough for personal use!

81CcLiH+uyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
What are you gonna grow? Oregano? :p

Probably aloe. Supposed to be good for sunburn.

Just ordered 10 auto-flowering "feminized" Girl Scout Cookies seeds for $70 shipped. (these are considered "hemp" and are fully legal nationally)

Kills me to think of the literally thousands of seeds I chucked in the trash back in the day!

Adult "Girl-Scout Cookies" Indica plant:
screen-shot-2016-10-24-at-1.02.15-pm.png

thumbnail-4-1.jpeg

Last edited:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Today, I climbed on my full bed, right at the left front corner, searching for a lost item and CLUNK! the foot at that corner of the bed frame broke. I says to myself, "now you have a REAL problem!" I figured I could maybe jury rig something to hold up that corner of the bed but decided I should buy a new bed frame. There are casters on the corners of my current one but the feet they sit in are plastic. The rest of the frame is steel, of course. The plastic just sheared. I want my frame on casters because the bed sits in a corner of the bedroom and things fall behind and I can only get them by moving the frame. I ordered this:

Then I did jury rig the frame so I can sleep in my bedroom until the new frame comes. Duct tape and a couple pieces of wood taped together (to support the left front corner). The caster at the left back corner was practically broken out, I duct taped that too.

I should buy a new mattress too. Gonna get something quality. A quality mattress will outlast a crappy one 5 or 10 to one.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
prime day worked out good, got the 14TB red with the amex $25 off using points and the 5900X processor using the discover $30 off and the prime day $12.50 promo credit. not going to see that thing for $290 again. also got some cheapass noise cancelling headphones for the office.

Reactions: Kaido and Captante

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Hmm, so you *paid* someone to vomit in a Styrofoam takeout container?!
I'll have you know that that is carne asada, pico de gallo, cilantro, cheese, and sour cream served on a bed of flamin' hot cheetos, known locally as Cheetos Locos. TBH, it could do without the Cheetos. :p

Reactions: VirtualLarry

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Hmm, so you *paid* someone to vomit in a Styrofoam takeout container?!

Either that or its a tray of "Gourmet" dog food! :p

I'll have you know that that is carne asada, pico de gallo, cilantro, cheese, and sour cream served on a bed of flamin' hot cheetos, known locally as Cheetos Locos. TBH, it could do without the Cheetos. :p

I think I'd prefer the dog food! :D ;)

(The carne asada and pico sound good skip the rest for me!)

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Sometimes food sounds much better from the written text than actual pictures. I thought those looked like crunchy Cheetos, but said, no, it must be something else :D.

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Sometimes food sounds much better from the written text than actual pictures. I thought those looked like crunchy Cheetos, but said, no, it must be something else :D.
I ordered it sight unseen. I didn't have a clue what would be in it until I opened the box. It's not as bad as the Toasty Locos which are similar except with Tostitos, chamoy, and gummy worms.

• Wow
Reactions: Captante

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

This is a vigorous defense of having purchased acid reflux.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Recently bought a Greenworks leaf blower on sale for a bit over $100. It's sold out now but this is the link:

At this rate I'm going to have the whole collection of 80v tools lol.

Oh and I also bought more silver. Shiny!

iEeTe7D.jpg

Last edited:

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Recently bought a Greenworks leaf blower on sale for a bit over $100. It's sold out now but this is the link:

At this rate I'm going to have the whole collection of 80v tools lol.

Oh and I also bought more silver. Shiny!

iEeTe7D.jpg
You should have bought a squirrel.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Microwave containers, from a New Zealand Brand.

They are better than Tupperware cuz you can use them safely in the microwave, also if your dishwasher has a steam setting and heated dry stage.