The Hunt: Showdown

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Anyone tried this? Free weekend on steam (well...what's left of the weekend).

I'm about to try it out now. Will update with a quick review.

edit: tried it out real quick, and sadly got DC'd on my first game due to a game crash. but, the co-op/PvP aspect of the game seems neat. it's a much slower paced game compared to any other FPS.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 1999
tried it over the weekend, CRAZY immersive. intense too. i ended up buying it.

i think they nailed the idea of the game. it looks great as well. team play is 5 2-man teams. the way the game encourages gameplay is amazing. the main focus is PVE but of course there are other players lurking about.

really a new fresh style of game play and the reviews show it. hope they keep up with support. PM me your steam if you want to team up.

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
I wanted to play it, but I have no one to play it with me, and I don't want to go solo. : (

If anyone is serious about playing this, and can join me evenings EST time, especially during the weekends, shoot me a PM.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I tried a few games. It was interesting, I liked the atmosphere, the slower pace, the creative gameplay ideas. It was exciting to find 'clues' and search for progress.

But it also just 'wasn't my kind of game'. The repetitive matches, just didn't seem attractive. The game felt a bit harsh and unpolished for a new player experience.

I can see people loving it, but I had a similar experience with 'Depth', divers versus a shark, I just 'didn't enjoy it' trying a couple games.

With some tweaks, I imagine it might be more fun, but not yet. But filed under more 'taste' than criticism.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
Can't believe this game hasn't gotten more attention. Most of my BF clan buddies have moved on to this (and some are now slumming it in valheim). Game can be crazy addictive and is always intense, even when I end up running a map solo and have the bounties to myself.