The hunt for illegals is on.

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
LOL @ IL, MI, IN as red states/DT supporting states. IL is bluest of all blue states. But of course, by any mean necessary, right? See my link above about states that are ok with weeds, mostly blue states.
How many Trump supporters who always complain about illegals taking jobs do you see in Home Depot parking lot offering their labor for hire? Surely other Trump supporters would hire them instead of illegals if given the option to, but they can't be bothered.

Reactions: ladyjd

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Follow the law. If you do not like the law then try to change it. They are called illegals for a reason. When they decided to break the law to come into the country they took the risk that they might be caught and deported. They take jobs of Americans who are here as citizens. People use illegal labor because they can pay them less. Without illegal labor they would be forced to use American labor. I do not see why this is an issue? If you break the law you suffer the consequence. Anything else is just making excuses for breaking the law. They knew they were breaking the law when entering the country.

Ding, ding, ding. especially the bolded parts.

I tried to say very much the same thing in the thread but you can see excuses after excuses and of course, the forum moron that did not read the thread but loved to jump in and spew out his bullshit. I wish you luck. A lot of it.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
How many Trump supporters who always complain about illegals taking jobs do you see in Home Depot parking lot offering their labor for hire? Surely other Trump supporters would hire them instead of illegals if given the option to, but they can't be bothered.

So now you are going to spin away from your claim of weeds and meth of Trump supporters to Home Depot hiring? Spin baby spin. By any mean necessary.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
OK, I might have gone a bit too far with my title.

But, you do have to admit that many foreigners are now concerned. Both legal and illegal. Maybe not Auschwitz, but what about camps to house the millions of illegals who reside in America. Many are hard-working good natured people. They deserve better.

It sucks. We need to do this differently. Or else, nobody will ever visit America.
Maybe you need to have somebody pinch you to wake you up!

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
The Constitution decrees that all persons born in this country are American Citizens regardless of their parentage. That makes the children of illegals American kids.

It takes some seriously callous & uncaring jerks to knowingly fuck up their lives. That apparently passes as some sort of twisted patriotism in some circles.

You are 100% correct in your statement. We need to fix that. Not retroactive but for the future.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
So now you are going to spin away from your claim of weeds and meth of Trump supporters to Home Depot hiring? Spin baby spin. By any mean necessary.
If they aren't doing drugs, what the hell are they doing if they can't be bothered with looking for work like the undocumented day laborers? Faking disabilities to collect SS?

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Ding, ding, ding. especially the bolded parts.

I tried to say very much the same thing in the thread but you can see excuses after excuses and of course, the forum moron that did not read the thread but loved to jump in and spew out his bullshit. I wish you luck. A lot of it.

Makes perfect sense per dunning kruger that low edu/iq types believe low edu/iq Trumpsters are the Real brain trust. All them libtards with all the advanced degree edumacation and such are the Real morons.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
If they aren't doing drugs, what the hell are they doing if they can't be bothered with looking for work like the undocumented day laborers? Faking disabilities to collect SS?

Say what? You claimed that Trump supporters did drugs and then provided a link with blue states as red states and now faking disabilities? Slow down, take a breather and pick your position, you are all over the place.

In other news, I can see that the lying troll is trying so hard to follow and lick my butt. Keep lying and trolling, troll.

Last edited:

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Say what? You claimed that Trump supporters did drugs and then provided a link with blue states as red states and now faking disabilities? Slow down, take a breather and pick your position, you are all over the place.

In other news, I can see that the lying troll is trying so hard to follow and lick my butt. Keep lying and trolling, troll.

There's one state in that list of 10 that didn't go for trump. You're the type that gets 10% on a test then somehow tries to brag about it. Remember even the conservatives know you're hopelessly dumb by their standards, which makes for the perfect tool to use against them.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
It's already working, look at Margaret Sanger's legacy, think of all the poor people's babies we'd be supporting right now if not for available abortion.

Bad trolling attempt.

They don't have to abandon anything. Both the parents and the American-born child retain their Mexican citizenship. Pop one out in an American hospital, get your proof of birth, and voila, free citizenship. They could get it done and be back in their homeland within days, and just sit on that citizenship until their child is of age. If the parents illegally choose to stick around so that their child may legally go to American schools, that's on them, they obviously weighed the pros and cons and decided staying in America was better. Should they be caught by ICE, sucks to be them, but they've still come out ahead.

If I remember right nearly 90% of undocumented parents who have children in the US have been here more than a year before having their baby. What you're describing is more of a nativist folk tale.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
We're talking about millions of American Citizen children of otherwise law abiding people who just don't have the right paperwork. That's it. That's all that's "wrong" with them.

That pretty much goes to the heart of the "undocumented" crap the media has been spewing for years now. "Don't have the right paperwork", and "undocumented" is like calling a bank robbery an "undocumented withdrawal", or a "withdrawal for which you just don't have the right paperwork". That's a load of crap. "Undocumented" or "don't have the right paperwork" implies they have a right to be here, but just happen to not have the right documentation. That's a lie. They are here illegally, and there are consequences to breaking the law. When someone is trespassing they are in the wrong place and if they don't leave they need to be removed.

The children matter more than self righteous bullsh*t about who should & shouldn't be in this country.

Yeah, who cares about laws and that kind of nonsense, what matters is your feels, "think of the children!". By that logic no parent of a child could ever have serious negative consequences for breaking the law, lest their children be negatively impacted. That's absurd.

All the ravers need to get over themselves.

Agreed, you need to.

If Mom, Dad, both or their brothers & sisters get lucky enough to have an American citizen child or sibling just declare them to be winners, give 'em a green card & STFU. I'm confident that it won't be enough trouble for this great country to matter in the slightest.

What does logic tell you happens when you provide people a strong incentive to do something? Lo and behold, a lot more people will do what they are strongly incentivized to do. Handing free citizenship or green card to anyone who can sneak in and have a kid creates a strong incentive for people to sneak in and have kids..... which is exactly what has happened. Gee, who could have seen that coming?

Reactions: gplracer

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Handing free citizenship or green card to anyone who can sneak in and have a kid creates a strong incentive for people to sneak in and have kids..... which is exactly what has happened. Gee, who could have seen that coming?

Except that's not what happened. The number of illegals grew steadily from 1990 until 2009, a period when there was no amnesty. It has since declined slightly & stabilized.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/03/5-facts-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/

If what you say were true we should have seen an uptick since 2014 when Obama announced his amnesty plan but that didn't happen either.

Oh, wait, I forget. You're a Trumpster. that means you probably believe that there are 30M illegals in this country with hordes of more crossing the border every day-

http://www.politifact.com/florida/s...-trump-says-number-illegal-immigrants-30-mil/

You keep right on ignoring millions of American Citizen children at the same time, basically claiming that they don't matter more than your twisted sense of self righteousness.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Except that's not what happened. The number of illegals grew steadily from 1990 until 2009, a period when there was no amnesty.

Huh? No amnesty? What are you smoking? There's been de facto amnesty for decades. So basically, yes, as one would expect that's exactly what happens. Strong incentive for people to come here (jobs, money, better life than whatever crappy country they leave), then add additional strong incentive (if you have a kid, you're pretty much good to go!), very little disincentive (it's very unlikely anything will happen to you) and voila, 12+ million illegals.

If what you say were true we should have seen an uptick since 2014 when Obama announced his amnesty plan but that didn't happen either.

Because there has already been decades of de facto amnesty.

You keep right on ignoring millions of American Citizen children at the same time, basically claiming that they don't matter more than your twisted sense of self righteousness.

Who claimed they don't matter? Do children affected negatively by their criminal parents matter when it comes to other violations of the law? Of course they matter, but that doesn't mean there are no consequences for violating the law. The law should apply to everyone, not just pick and choose based on what group you like best. Any consequences of violating the law are on the parents who choose to violate the law.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Huh? No amnesty? What are you smoking? There's been de facto amnesty for decades. So basically, yes, as one would expect that's exactly what happens. Strong incentive for people to come here (jobs, money, better life than whatever crappy country they leave), then add additional strong incentive (if you have a kid, you're pretty much good to go!), very little disincentive (it's very unlikely anything will happen to you) and voila, 12+ million illegals.

Because there has already been decades of de facto amnesty.

Who claimed they don't matter? Do children affected negatively by their criminal parents matter when it comes to other violations of the law? Of course they matter, but that doesn't mean there are no consequences for violating the law. The law should apply to everyone, not just pick and choose based on what group you like best. Any consequences of violating the law are on the parents who choose to violate the law.

The American children you shit on haven't broken the law.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
The American children you sh*t on haven't broken the law.

Have the American children you sh*t on (the children of parents who violate other laws) broken the laws? No, they haven't. Are you saying there should never be negative consequences for people who violate the laws if those consequences might impact their kids? Or just in this case the laws should be ignored? In what other cases should the laws be ignored?

Sea Ray

Golden Member
May 30, 2013
Have the American children you sh*t on (the children of parents who violate other laws) broken the laws? No, they haven't. Are you saying there should never be negative consequences for people who violate the laws if those consequences might impact their kids? Or just in this case the laws should be ignored? In what other cases should the laws be ignored?

Hell, all you gotta do for amnesty according to some is to have kids. That kinda thinking's got to stop. Sure it sucks to have parents who break the law.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Consider that even illegal entry is a misdemeanor. There's no other misdemeanor that sentences innocent American children to being raised in places like the slums of Honduras or raised in permanent foster care for the transgressions of their parents.

In a sane society the urge to punish their parents doesn't even come close to measuring up to looking out for their welfare. I mean, yeh, sure, they're mostly those icky brown people who scare you but they're still children & still Americans.

This great nation will swallow them up the way we've swallowed waves of immigrants in the past. In a cultural sense, we are the Borg. Resistance is futile. The grand daughters of women forced to wear hijabs their whole lives are wearing bikinis on the beach.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Hell, all you gotta do for amnesty according to some is to have kids. That kinda thinking's got to stop. Sure it sucks to have parents who break the law.

Why does it have to stop? Icky brown people scare you?

JockoJohnson

Golden Member
May 20, 2009
Laws are selectively enforced all the time. I'm sure we could basically eliminate speeding if we just gave it enough attention, didn't worry about things that are a helluva lot worse. It's the same with immigration, other than the innocent child victims left in the wake of enforcement.

It's an issue designed to inflame the rubes who can't get over themselves.

So are you saying that going 10 mph over the speed limit is akin to entering this country illegally? I don't want to put words in your mouth so I am asking you instead. Also, speeding is enforced if going more than 20 mph over the speed limit -- if the speeders are caught. It looks like Trump wants to do some selective enforcement as well with illegals. He didn't say all of them are gone.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
So are you saying that going 10 mph over the speed limit is akin to entering this country illegally? I don't want to put words in your mouth so I am asking you instead. Also, speeding is enforced if going more than 20 mph over the speed limit -- if the speeders are caught. It looks like Trump wants to do some selective enforcement as well with illegals. He didn't say all of them are gone.

I said that local police have their hands full enforcing other laws & limited resources. If we sic them on illegals they'll just be able to do less in areas that matter more, same as if we made apprehending speeders a top priority.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Consider that even illegal entry is a misdemeanor. There's no other misdemeanor that sentences innocent American children to being raised in places like the slums of Honduras or raised in permanent foster care for the transgressions of their parents.

Again, the parents have no right to live in this country. They are not citizens or in any way authorized to be here. If we tell some kid from a slum in Haiti they aren't allowed to move here, are we "sentencing them to be raised in a slum in Haiti"? No, of course not. The parents are not here legally, they have to go. They can take their kid with them if they want, but the US is under no obligation to let them stay here simply because they broke the law and then had a kid.

In a sane society the urge to punish their parents doesn't even come close to measuring up to looking out for their welfare. I mean, yeh, sure, they're mostly those icky brown people who scare you but they're still children & still Americans.

Again with the racist crap. You can always tell when a lefty doesn't have a logical argument, they'll resort to projecting their own racism onto others. I've made specific arguments based on logic and reason, you've basically argued that feels are more important.

The grand daughters of women forced to wear hijabs their whole lives are wearing bikinis on the beach.

Yeah, and now idiot leftists are moving back to wearing hijabs to show their allegiance :D The ironing is delicious.

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008
The American children you shit on haven't broken the law.

So why does this not apply to other criminals? Rob a bank, sorry can't thrown the criminal in jail, he has kids he can't leave behind. Murdered someone? Sorry, no jail, he has kids. How about the parents not be the dumbshits in the first place by committing a crime? Wait in line like all the other law abiding citizens who are trying to get into this country legally? My parents and I came to the US from another country, guess what, we did it legally. We didn't hop a fence, stowaway on a ship, smuggle ourselves in. You don't reward criminals just because they had kids, doesn't matter if they are brown, yellow, black, white, purple.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
So why does this not apply to other criminals? Rob a bank, sorry can't thrown the criminal in jail, he has kids he can't leave behind. Murdered someone? Sorry, no jail, he has kids. How about the parents not be the dumbshits in the first place by committing a crime? Wait in line like all the other law abiding citizens who are trying to get into this country legally? My parents and I came to the US from another country, guess what, we did it legally. We didn't hop a fence, stowaway on a ship, smuggle ourselves in. You don't reward criminals just because they had kids, doesn't matter if they are brown, yellow, black, white, purple.

Das raaaaaciiiiiiiiiiiis! ;)