The Hammer is falling as the Insurrectionists are identified.

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
If they didn't break any laws, they shouldn't be penalized for just being there.First Amendment rights and all...whether you like their political stance or not, freedom of assembly exists to protect just that. HOWEVER, I have no problem with a company firing an employee who broke the laws that day.

Employment in the USA is employment at will-you can be fired for any reason or no reason at all (but not for an illegal reason) absent a union contract, civil service or the like. You don't want to infringe on the rights of the capitalists, do you?

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Army officer involved:

So yeah, its fuckin scary out there.

Her being a psyops officer presents so much scope for conspiracies-within-conspiracies! Clearly the deep-state is eating itself!

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Employment in the USA is employment at will-you can be fired for any reason or no reason at all (but not for an illegal reason) absent a union contract, civil service or the like. You don't want to infringe on the rights of the capitalists, do you?

Yeah but that cuts both ways. You risk justifying McCarthyism. (Not that I'm saying this case is directly equivalent to that, but I don't agree with the general argument that what private corporations do, as opposed to the state, doesn't matter). Personally I _do_ want to infringe on the 'rights' of the capitalists.

Clearly the double-standards cuts both ways as well, as most of those who are going to get fired for this are likely anti-union and probably in favour of fire-at-will.

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

"This photo was on Lauren Boebert’s Instagram the day before the terrorist attacked. Some of the people have been identified as participants"

Well there's a surprise. The people identified in the photo as being insurrectionists are also the only ones flashing a white power symbol....oh wait. that's right. they were just playing that stupid finger game.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I agree 100%. Even civil service agreements usually have clauses about criminal activities.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Another video of "very fine people" Beating people and storming the Capital. Disgusting!

Trump - “I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad,”

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
Looks like RICO evidence to me.
I don't see RICO as relevant, but pretty solid evidence of seditious conspiracy under 18 USC 2384, which is up to 20 years in prison
If two or more persons ... , conspire to ... by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, ...

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Nice things about RICO is that it permits civil liability (no pardon possibility) and I easily see The Donald, his kid, Rudy and everyone else who egged them on from the stage as target defendants.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I don't see RICO as relevant, but pretty solid evidence of seditious conspiracy under 18 USC 2384, which is up to 20 years in prison
If two or more persons ... , conspire to ... by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, ...
1610557379584.png
Dunno, still smells like RICO to me.

Nov 17, 2019
David Crosby once wailed 'how many more?'

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018

"House members — in both parties — are saying they’re scared of this member. Not politically, literally scared for their safety. There needs to be some resolution to that or it’s going to hang over the entire Congress."

You're safer trusting this bitch with a gun than you are trusting her with a car.

Makes me wonder who she's fucking to get so many cases dismissed.
1610568855533.png

Nov 17, 2019
Nov 17, 2019
It was just a peaceful protest, just like those BLM guys .....

Funny, I don't recall any BLM guys with scopes and armor piercing rounds, do you?

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
I won't repeat my whole post from the other thread...but these livestreamers sure have done the FBI some favors. Many have already been archived, permanently, and can be found on reddit. I watched some today. Jason Bourne , these people ain't. More like Zoolander. Lots of HD video and very clear shots of many maskless faces, and a couple names "Hey, <name goes here>, nice to see you again" LOL

Not to minimize what happened that day, and there were some really bad dudes there (outside, that killed the cops) and maybe not all the inside people were facebook tour groups--but watching those vids made me less concerned for any civil war, not more. They are clowns, and hopefully soon clown with records. There was nothing much in the way of plans, that much is obvious just from hearing them all talking. I'm sure a few groups did have some, and of course I'm sure the vids I watched didn't show all of them.

Reactions: Fenixgoon

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
It was just a peaceful protest, just like those BLM guys .....

Funny, I don't recall any BLM guys with scopes and armor piercing rounds, do you?

I can just hear it in court...Marijuana made me do it!