The Hammer is falling as the Insurrectionists are identified.

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
Did they really think this was a good idea?

I think any kind of defense based on ignorance is lost, when he says something along the lines of "They can't arrest every one of us".

That basically says: "I know I'm breaking the law, but I am in a mob, and they can't get us all".

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006

"The FBI has a long memory and a broad reach," D’Antuono said. "Agents and our partners are on the streets investigating leads not only here in the D.C. area, but also the country through the FBI’s 56 field offices.

"Even if you’ve left D.C., FBI agents from our local field offices will be knocking on your door if we find out that you were part of the criminal activity at the Capitol," D’Antuono continued.

Acting U.S. attorney for the District of Washington, Michael Sherwin, called having the U.S. Capitol as the center of a crime scene "unprecedented" in American history. He said he foresaw thousands of potential witnesses and hundreds of criminal cases.

"This is not going to be solved overnight," Sherwin said. "It’s not going to be solved within the coming weeks. It’s not going to be solved within the coming months. This is going to be a long-term investigation and rest assured, the Bureau, the Department of Justice, all the U.S. attorneys across the United States that are assisting these investigations, everyone is in for the long haul."

Sherwin said he anticipated the number of criminal cases to grow in the coming weeks. The cases so far run the gambit from simple trespass, theft, and assault, to felony murder and civil rights excessive force investigation.

"This is only the beginning. So, after these criminal charges are filed via criminal complaint, that allows … law enforcement across the United States to arrest people from Dallas to Arkansas to Nashville to Cleveland to Jacksonville," Sherwin said. "Regardless of it was just a trespass in the Capitol or if someone planted a pipe bomb, you will be charged and you will be found."

Good news for some of us...not so good for others. I look forward to them adding silly little charges like seditious treason to the mix...

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
Nov 17, 2019
Good news for some of us...not so good for others. I look forward to them adding silly little charges like seditious treason to the mix...
Good things come to those who wait:

"
Justice Dept. investigating sedition and conspiracy charges and any terror links to violent storming of U.S. Capitol

www.washingtonpost.com.ico
Washington Post|30 minutes ago

The Justice Department and FBI have created a sedition and conspiracy task force to pursue charges against participants in the storming of the U.S. Capitol and are investigating any links to domestic or foreign instigators,"

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I hope that they catch each and every individual that illegally entered the capital building.

I just hope that they do not over extend into the people outside the zone that didn't partake in the riot and illegal activity and were just exercising their right to peacefully protest.

Reactions: uclaLabrat

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Good things come to those who wait:

"
Justice Dept. investigating sedition and conspiracy charges and any terror links to violent storming of U.S. Capitol

www.washingtonpost.com.ico
Washington Post|30 minutes ago

The Justice Department and FBI have created a sedition and conspiracy task force to pursue charges against participants in the storming of the U.S. Capitol and are investigating any links to domestic or foreign instigators,"

Yep..more than a few will be crying crocodile tears as they're led away and sentenced to FPMITA prison.

Reactions: DarthKyrie
Nov 17, 2019
What sucks about all this is that WE, the people will be paying for their room and board for a decade or so. Maybe they can fine the Fuhrer enough to cover the costs.

Nov 17, 2019
Another notch in the Hit Parade:

"A firefighter in Florida has been charged with taking part in last week's rioting at the Capitol.

According to the Sanford Fire Department, Andrew Williams was arrested on suspicion of unlawful entry of a restricted building and one count of disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds following the deadly pro-Donald Trump riot on January 6 in an alleged attempt to overthrow the government.

Images were shared on social media that appeared to show Williams, who also works as a paramedic, pointing to a sign bearing the name of Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi while a mob roamed the halls of Congress.

William was released from custody on Tuesday. Following an appearance at a federal court, Williams' attorney Vincent Citro denied his client played a part in any insurrection attempt and blamed the violence on Trump."

I hope these idiots lose their pensions too.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
The reaction by Team Treason to metal detectors being put in the capitol building is pretty fucking funny. These people are so completely lost, it boggles the mind.

"In the meeting, ranking member Davis blamed majority Democrats for going overboard.

"This is political correctness run amok. The threat is outside, not inside. Every resource used inside is one that can't be used outside," he argued, according to a readout of the briefing."

Ha, wrong. Traitors fomenting insurrections, welcoming vandalism, violence, the overthrowing of clear election results, but it's Dems going overboard? Go fuck yourselves traitors.

Last edited:

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
I hope that they catch each and every individual that illegally entered the capital building.

I just hope that they do not over extend into the people outside the zone that didn't partake in the riot and illegal activity and were just exercising their right to peacefully protest.

Any one who passed the exterior barriers need to be caught and charged.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999

I think there will be plenty to arrest that actually entered, I doubt the feds will go after people standing on the grass.

Now corporations might fire your ass either way.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Not only paying their room and board, but also paying for the damage and repair to the Capitol.
Some of these idiots are pretty well off, make them pay damages.

Also we will save a lot on military pensions and disability payments.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I think there will be plenty to arrest that actually entered, I doubt the feds will go after people standing on the grass.

Now corporations might fire your ass either way.

If they didn't break any laws, they shouldn't be penalized for just being there.First Amendment rights and all...whether you like their political stance or not, freedom of assembly exists to protect just that. HOWEVER, I have no problem with a company firing an employee who broke the laws that day.

Reactions: pcgeek11

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
If they didn't break any laws, they shouldn't be penalized for just being there.First Amendment rights and all...whether you like their political stance or not, freedom of assembly exists to protect just that. HOWEVER, I have no problem with a company firing an employee who broke the laws that day.

Why do we have to keep reminding people that the First Amendment only applies to the government stopping your speech? Corporations and private citizens do not have respect your First Amendment rights. Don't believe me? Try telling your boss to fuck off next time he or she is being a general ass and see if your ass does not get fired for using your First Amendment right to free speech.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Companies can and will do whatever they want to. Don't want to be fired? Don't go to an insurrection rally with a bunch of racists. Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from non-government consequences.

I of course don't think the government should do anything to anyone that didn't enter the restricted area and was peaceful.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
The reaction by Team Treason to metal detectors being put in the capitol building is pretty fucking funny. These people are so completely lost, it boggles the mind.

"In the meeting, ranking member Davis blamed majority Democrats for going overboard.

"This is political correctness run amok. The threat is outside, not inside. Every resource used inside is one that can't be used outside," he argued, according to a readout of the briefing."

Ha, wrong. Traitors fomenting insurrections, welcoming vandalism, violence, the overthrowing of clear election results, but it's Dems going overboard? Go fuck yourselves traitors.

What you are seeing is the reaction of the privileged class, outraged that they could even possibly be subject to the same daily inconveniences that the the rest of their subjects are.

Welcome to modern life, fellows (gender selection intentional). I have a relatively upper level profession (lawyer) but I haven't gone into a courthouse, jail or the like since the 90's without having to go through a metal detector. Go to an arena-same deal. Many schools-same thing. Go to federal court-the level of intrusive security rivals a jail or prison. And do even talk about what us little folk have to go through at the airport.

Elected representatives, my ass. These guys think they are rulers plain and simple.

• Love
Reactions: Zorba and pmv