The Hammer is falling as the Insurrectionists are identified.

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Take advantage of restoration laws? Perhaps.

My state has restored my firearms rights, but unfortunately, the (R)'s cut funding for the ATF to review such cases (relief from disability) several years ago. I applied several times, never received so much as a "Get fucked, loser!" from them. No reply at all...then I found out why.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Is it me, or are all these charges super light?

For example, the guy who beat up a cop is only charged with "obstructing a LEO" ?????

Sounds like most of these guy will probably never even see jail time once the lawyers whittle away at everything.

Isn't it nice to be white?

Reactions: zinfamous and Leeea

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Watching all these arrests is a bit like watching the end of a crime movie. You know where they finally get the evidence or crack the code and there is a montage of police kicking down various doors or arresting people at work. Very satisfying

Surprised and a little disappointed to find that TVTropes doesn't have an entry for "arrest montage". I'm certain I've seen more than one movie with such an end sequence - and now we have the "real life" example.

Reactions: Exterous
Nov 17, 2019
Morning headline roundup:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
You'd fail the pre-employment background check at my work with that rap sheet, but it won't prevent someone from being elected to Congress.
Yeah it always amazes me that as an undesignated Seaman I was held to some pretty high standards that almost none of our presidents could possibly meet. Anyone who serves on board a ship must maintain at least a confidential clearance and while thats not hard to maintain, just about everything Donald has done these last 4 years would actually ruin a confidential clearance rating.
Its so weird how little we expect from our politicians.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Its so weird how little we expect from our politicians.
And due to our history and management of elected positions...IF one breaks the law, we typically expect there will be absolutely no repurcussions or fallout. What the fuck is that shit? Ridiculous that it's "the norm".

Reactions: Motostu

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
You'd fail the pre-employment background check at my work with that rap sheet, but it won't prevent someone from being elected to Congress.

Actually I think you would be passed.

Preemployment background checks only look at actual convictions, not arrests, or dismissals.

Nov 17, 2019
" Two Virginia police officers
Two officers based in Rocky Mount, Virginia, are facing federal charges over the riot after a photograph of them at the Capitol building was widely circulated on social media.
In the image, Sergeant Thomas Robertson and Officer Jacob Fracker can be seen in front of a statue of Revolutionary War officer John Stark, who is known for coining the slogan, "Live free or die."
According to a criminal complaint, Robertson posted the image on social media with the caption: "CNN and the Left are just mad because we actually attacked the government who is the problem and not some random small business ... The right IN ONE DAY took the f***** U.S. Capitol. Keep poking us."

Fracker, police said, posted a comment on Facebook that read, "Lol to anyone who's possibly concerned about the picture of me going around... Sorry I hate freedom? Not like I did anything illegal... y'all do what you feel you need to."
Both posts have since been deleted.

They are charged with one count of knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority and one count of violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol ground.

"At least 12 Capitol Police officers
Suspensions have been issued to two Capitol Police officers and at least 10 more are under investigation over their behavior during the riot.
The officer responsible for fatally shooting Ashli Babbitt during the riot has been placed on administrative leave, it was announced the following day.
Another officer wore a "Make America Great Again" hat and directed people around the building, according to Rep. Tim Ryan (D-OH).
In another scene, a different officer appeared to pose for a selfie with rioters. Crime novelist Don Winslow offered a $20,000 reward to anyone who can identify the officer.
In a virtual news conference on Monday, Ryan said between 10 and 15 more Capitol officers were being scrutinized over their behavior during the riot."

How can the comments in red be considered anything but treasonist?

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Must be at your end:
Or...maybe it's that when you copy/pasta text off a webpage, it's retaining the font info and formatting for some dumb fucking reason. Mine doesn't do that. Nobody else's does. Just yours. Everytime.
...nobody else's shows up like this...
If you link an article, it usually isn't necessary or efficient to quote half the goddamn article in a copy/pasta.
A commentary is one thing, but if you linked the article...people can read it if they care to click the link.

That much copy/pasta isn't doing anything to point out specific commentary, and it's only more annoying that I can't even read the shit without highlighting it. It's half a page of dark text.

Last edited:

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
And on-topic I thought this was some interesting insight re the DC rioters supposedly having military training:

I wouldn't say they have elite special forces training. But they weren't untrained either. They are likely members of one of the fringe militia group that trained together. IIRC, the guys moving in a stack were wearing body armor and helmets as well. So they were NOT the typical Yeehadists that made up a lot of the Mob.

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
So they were NOT the typical Yeehadists that made up a lot of the Mob

That much is true no doubt about it. :(

Even trying to appear to be military requires some planning which is a lot more then most of those idiots were capable of.

Reactions: Pohemi

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I wouldn't say they have elite special forces training. But they weren't untrained either. They are likely members of one of the fringe militia group that trained together. IIRC, the guys moving in a stack were wearing body armor and helmets as well. So they were NOT the typical Yeehadists that made up a lot of the Mob.
People move like this after fireworks at Disney World. Especially Brazilian teenager tour groups. Not really sure it requires much real training.

He's bigger point though holds, these are a bunch of small dicks playing solder.