The GREEN NEW DEAL, how can everyone not support it.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
It continues to boggle my mind that people as stupid as you or the OP can exist. Just shows how braindead people become once they go far enough to the right or left.

I'm stupid for knowing my history and spotting pure communist clap trap? I consider those that don't know it to be the stupid ones, as they are doomed to repeat it.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
And are these jobs just suppose to magically appear?

And it also appears that you believe in the left-wing insanity that people "want" to work. Most people do not want to work, but do want money, and consider working the most practical solution to obtaining it.

Jobs can be created for everyone who is able to work, if we improve inefficiencies we have now. Everyone who is able to work is capable of doing something that will somehow benefit society. The goal of the job isn't to make money, it is to advance society. Remember SOCIETY FIRST THEN YOU.

I didn't say everyone wants to work, I said everyone can be MADE to want to work.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Jobs can be created for everyone who is able to work, if we improve inefficiencies we have now. Everyone who is able to work is capable of doing something that will somehow benefit society. The goal of the job isn't to make money, it is to advance society. Remember SOCIETY FIRST THEN YOU.

I didn't say everyone wants to work, I said everyone can be MADE to want to work.

Please do elaborate on the how they can be "MADE to want to work" absent some direct threat, since your plan already removes most of the disincentives not to work. If you're already providing free housing, healthcare, education, utilities, etc, then I'm curious what you feel their motivation to work will be apart from "benefiting society."

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
Please do elaborate on the how they can be "MADE to want to work" absent some direct threat, since your plan already removes most of the disincentives not to work. If you're already providing free housing, healthcare, education, utilities, etc, then I'm curious what you feel their motivation to work will be apart from "benefiting society."

Most can with the right motivations can be educated on the imporants of working to advance and improve society

Those who can't be motivated can be banished from society, thrown into woods and fend for them self.

Last edited:

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012

I would think that decreasing inefficiencies would decrease the need for work.

Unless by improve inefficiencies you meant make thing more inefficient :D

You mean like the desire to not starve?

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Most can with the right motivations can be educated on the imporants of working to advance and improve society.

Those who can't be motivated can be banished from society, thrown into woods and fend for them self.

So instead of a "Green New Deal" guaranteeing housing, medical care, education, etc. it's only really a "Green New Suggestion"? The "suggestion" being that if you choose not to work, you'll be sent to the woods with none of the free stuff? Forgive me if I'm kinda confused how this differs from the dog-eat-dog capitalism you so detest.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
Please do elaborate on the how they can be "MADE to want to work"

As someone back in the day once put it, "those who don't work, don't eat." :)

Unfortunately with all this crap about a "right" to food, housing and healthcare that incentive sort of disappears.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I like to consider our human ancestors. Daddy Neanderthal went to work at Mammoth Steak Central where he was a stone tool engineer and brought home a ten ton circle of diorite with a big hole in it, to the amazement and joy of the tribe who placed it in a big stone bank out in a field to show off the wealth. Mommy Neanderthal used a sharp stick to dig up roots and keep the kids in line who went to the University of Flint to follow in their Daddy's foot steps. Granny made soup and Grandpa, till he became incontinent and slipped in his shit and fell off a cliff, used to tell stories about how to stick a Mammoth in the ass to bring him down. They buried him with flowers both to honor the dead and hide the stench. No welfare there because the tribe took care of everybody and they were all too stupid to realize they should all be making stones to sell on the Chicago commodities exchange. Nobody thought I did it because everybody was just so dumb that they could see that the community did everything. Nobody paid the brain more than the heart of the ass because the group was one big survival organism.

Today every little worthless asshole that's born and has to be cared for tell 18 suddenly becomes superman when a paycheck comes rolling in. Fucking sad meaningless little slaves of industry turn themselves into Gods. Meanwhile some stupid throwback to days of yore becomes a community organizer, throwing out the window the allure of that big pay check and the accompanying enormously disgusting fat head.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
So instead of a "Green New Deal" guaranteeing housing, medical care, education, etc. it's only really a "Green New Suggestion"? The "suggestion" being that if you choose not to work, you'll be sent to the woods with none of the free stuff? Forgive me if I'm kinda confused how this differs from the dog-eat-dog capitalism you so detest.

First today their are many who want to work, but we lack jobs for. Two those who do work get the short end of the stick with the wealthy hording all of the wealth. Today it is everyone for them self. In an ideal society it is everyone for society. No mater how small someones contribution to society, if it is all they can give then that is enough.

Banishment means that, they will have nothing to do with society and society will have nothing to do with them. They represent a cancer on soeciety, one that should be removed.

Last edited:

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
First today their are many who want to work, but we lack jobs for. Two those who do work get the short end of the stick with the wealthy hording all of the wealth. Today it is everyone for them self. In an ideal society it is everyone for society. No mater how small someones contribution to society, if it is all they can give then that is enough.

From each according to his ability, to each according to their needs.

It's been tried before, it never works out.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000

Banishment means that, they will have nothing to do with society and society will have nothing to do with them. They represent a cancer on soeciety, one that should be removed.

It must be hard to calculate that vanishing point between someone who is contributing to society no matter how small, and someone who is a cancer and should be removed. For example, do addicted homeless guys get banished or free house, food, healthcare, and utilities? What if my chosen job is as a squeegee guy or panhandler, would I get banished while the guy smoking dope and writing bad poetry gets to stay? How about if I just want to backpack around Europe for a few years on the taxpayer dime and then smoke dope and write bad poetry, is it cake or death in that case?

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
I am convinced DCal recently finished reading Atlas Shrugged and is just trolling all of us. He is quoting nearly verbatim the philosophy of the antagonists of that novel.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I don't see how you can be so naive.
This

It's not naive it's childish.

I stopped reading with any interest right here. "The right to employment through a Full Employment Program"

At that point I knew it was based in unicorns and rainbows. Wanting something and saying something does not make it feasible. How can we have such a large faction of people that, with no concern for the consequences or the viability, are so deeply behind ideals that are not attainable? In part it's due to their proclivity to measure success based on intentions. Saying it is all that matters. Actually accomplishing it is a secondary goal. If it doesn't transpire, they're still winners because they tried. The cost of it? Immaterial. More debt? So what?
and this. The New Green is nothing more than the Old Red, communists leavened with the failed, the stupid and the naive.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
So do I get a rebate of the tuition I paid straight cash so I would not have to take out loans?

Or are you only rewarded for acting irresponsibly?

By paying cash this shows you have more than other people...regardless of how you got the cash... You don't need any back. Someone else deserves it more than you.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
I am convinced DCal recently finished reading Atlas Shrugged and is just trolling all of us. He is quoting nearly verbatim the philosophy of the antagonists of that novel.

Also Zimbabwe

By paying cash this shows you have more than other people...regardless of how you got the cash... You don't need any back. Someone else deserves it more than you.

Are you being serious? o_O

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Exactly, you don't need a loan so you don't get fucked by interest. You got your reward, no?

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
The land, the minerals, the lumber, the oil, the metals, and even knowledge and labor belongs to all of society. Why should a few be able to exploit these resources for their own selfish ends, when they inherently belong to all.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
The land, the minerals, the lumber, the oil, the metals, and even knowledge and labor belongs to all of society. Why should a few be able to exploit these resources for their own selfish ends, when they inherently belong to all.

I would say your labor belongs to you. Unless you are claiming that you are society's slave.

Funny how marxists want to replace wage "slavery" with actual slavery.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000

Yep. Communist.

You're a great rep of the democrat party.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Yep. Communist.

You're a great rep of the democrat party.

Actually communists are arguably more sane than Democrats. If you step out of line in a communist country they will send you to a re-education camp. Democrats just send you more government benefits.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
This thread is surreal. About the only thing that truly belongs in it is:

25404484.jpg

Chuck