The Game Of WHAT IF - And Donald Trump

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 4, 2009
Trump has the right talking about carried interests, kind of what brokers get taxed on.
Didn't Obama want this discussion during his first term?

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
yes and no.

People loathe our current politicians and this is entirely justified, but Trump is *just another* one, if not the PRIME EXAMPLE of what we loathe.

He's *another* millio...uh wait...BILLIONAIRE who has the audacity to present himself as a person who supposedly knows "what's good for the average joe"....in a society where currently most problems are in-fact revolving and centering on those with lower incomes.

Unemployment, healthcare, min wage, immigration, social security etc...THOSE are the problems in America today, and none of those pressing issues is affecting anyone who belongs to the 1%...let alone 0.1%.

Trump *appears* to be different because he's a celebrity/media genius and understands to *appear* as if he is talking to the average Joes, he admittedly does this better than the rest of clow...uhm I mean candidates.

But this is on the surface only. Even if he appears to somehow being able to form a bond with his potential voters and can communicate better, he uses the same sleeze tactics as the rest, eg. lying, spreading falsehoods, deception, vote catching by using emotional but irrelevant topics etc.

He is just...louder....and that's about it. Otherwise he fits right in with all the other sleezebags.

We're on the same page with this. I agree with much of what you're saying, and by way of clarification I'll tell you why.

It was my (clumsily prosecuted) intent/attempt to convey how his alarming and blatant efforts to pander his way into winning the primary with his outrageous and transparent edicts will bring to light the ridiculous turn the nation has taken toward selecting our leaders.

Because he is not beholden to those that would strategically restrain his remarks for political gain, he is free to unleash tirade after tirade of highly suspect yet appealing and appeasing rhetoric aimed at those with the most influence over their primary elections. He's a loose cannon on the deck of the Repub flagship that's in very rough seas, with no one in the Repub hierarchy capable of cornering and muzzling him.

Thus he is free to operate on a level that every other Repub in the running cannot or will not match for fear of suffering the same dire fate that Jeb Bush and others have experienced in their attempts to stand up against Trump. It's like Trump is in a street fight with the other candidates with him free to use any means to win while the others are attempting to fight him with their right wrists tied to their left ankles while blindfolded and in paranoid fear for their political lives.

All of this allows him to expose himself and thus the broken and corrupted system that allows folks like Trump to gain political prominence over those others of whom are simply milder versions of himself.