The Game Of WHAT IF - And Donald Trump

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I'd like to play the game of "WHAT IF".
Lets pretend Donald Trump is elected president next year in November.
And lets pretend everything Donald promised fails to come true.
Lets pretend after, oh say two years, that unemployment goes back up to double digit.
And other countries and the leaders of other countries and the people of other countries do not love us or respect us as Donald had promised.
And ISIS is not only still unchecked, the threat of ISIS has spread into other countries.
And lets pretend after Donald dismantles Obama's Iran deal, that Iran makes THE BOMB.
And lets pretend after Donald repeals Obamacare, Donald's replacement leads to even more uninsured, and much higher costs for those still insured.
Lets pretend after only two short years, all of America discovers that Donald's promises were indeed all bull crappy.
That maybe Donald could run a businesses quite successfully, but a total disaster at running the country.

What would Donald do?
This is the game... to guess what Donald would do, and would say to the American people?

Things we already know about Donald Trump:
Donald does not like to be wrong.
Donald does not like to admit when he is wrong.
Donald is never wrong.
Donald does not like to be called out.
Donald does not like to be challenged.
Donald does not like to be criticized.
Donald is very insecure.
Repeat... Donald is one very insecure individual despite his success.
Donald believes he has the solutions for everything.
Donald believes his solutions are the only solutions.
Donald believes his solutions are the correct solutions.
Donald believes his solutions are the logical solutions.
Donald believes he will be the best at solving everything.
Donald has a temper.
Donald likes revenge.
Donald does not apologize.

So... what WOULD president Donald Trump do?
Any psychoanalysis here?

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Not a poll, but nice troll thread just the same.

Obama is far more capable and willing to fuck things up than Trump. Already has.....

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Not a poll, but nice troll thread just the same.

Obama is far more capable and willing to fuck things up than Trump. Already has.....
What metric are you using to support your opinion that Obama has "fucked things up"?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
What metric are you using to support your opinion that Obama has "fucked things up"?

Healthcare, the deficit, un-employment, the hammering that compuwiz's gold portfolio has taken, the invasion of 36695 million illegals across the southern border, his traitorous throwing of Israel to the dogs, dogs and cats living together, etc.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Trump wins
Trump pisses off Congress from day 1
Nothing gets done about anything of consequence
In four years we do it all again

Trump would out-do Bush and Obama on pushing illegal policies to the point where judges would have to take numbers to slap him on the nose.

On the other hand, IMHO, Trump is second only to Sanders in the "least likely to take us into another pointless war" category. Trump wouldn't see the profit in going to war; the other candidates don't care about profit or consequence.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Trump wins
Trump pisses off Congress from day 1
Nothing gets done about anything of consequence
In four years we do it all again

Trump would out-do Bush and Obama on pushing illegal policies to the point where judges would have to take numbers to slap him on the nose.

On the other hand, IMHO, Trump is second only to Sanders in the "least likely to take us into another pointless war" category. Trump wouldn't see the profit in going to war; the other candidates don't care about profit or consequence.

Of course they do. Without war the shadow government that sucks America dry would run out of blood.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I like to pretend that Presidency of Donald Trump will be a Black Swan event, that catalyzes an American Revolution in which the people step forward and return power to themselves, that he will tell the powers that be to fuck off and the American people will get behind him. The Republican party is deeply sick and the Democrats too deeply in the pocket of the rich and that what is needed is to beak the back of the wealthy who run this country for their sole interests. If the required change can happen only with an egomaniac, so be it. The problem with Sanders is that in the unlikely event that he wins the election, he will be opposed by half the country. Only a Republican can go to China and only a Republican can tell congress where to go.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I like to pretend that Presidency of Donald Trump will be a Black Swan event, that catalyzes an American Revolution in which the people step forward and return power to themselves, that he will tell the powers that be to fuck off and the American people will get behind him. The Republican party is deeply sick and the Democrats too deeply in the pocket of the rich and that what is needed is to beak the back of the wealthy who run this country for their sole interests. If the required change can happen only with an egomaniac, so be it. The problem with Sanders is that in the unlikely event that he wins the election, he will be opposed by half the country. Only a Republican can go to China and only a Republican can tell congress where to go.
Most revolutions end up with the population rockin' less freedom than they had before. Politics is in fact intended to replace violent revolution by peaceful transfer of power to groups of people with better ideas.

Of course, when politics become sclerotic as it has here, there are often no other choices as something has to give eventually.

I personally believe that as long as cell phones and televisions continue to work, there will be no revolution.

Now, shut down the cable/internet/cell towers for a month, and I think revolution is an automatic event.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I wonder if Trump will be the fastest president every impeached.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
You need some trolling instruction. If you want us to read and get riled up it needs to be short and inflammatory. Very few will respond to a ten item troll, and even fewer will respond to one that's a fairy tail. If you just need positive reinforcement from like minded people, a support group might be a better fit. The way you've done it here comes across as needy and a bit ignorant.

Feb 4, 2009
You need some trolling instruction. If you want us to read and get riled up it needs to be short and inflammatory. Very few will respond to a ten item troll, and even fewer will respond to one that's a fairy tail. If you just need positive reinforcement from like minded people, a support group might be a better fit. The way you've done it here comes across as needy and a bit ignorant.

Yeah keep it simple like Trump wants to tax internet pr0n!

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Not to worry folks. If Trump wins he will surround himself with the best admen, public relations gurus and the smartest business folks out of Wall Street that our tax dollars can buy. No more bribing our politicians because they'll all be working for Trump Inc. and if anybody gets in his way he will employ the Sedition Act and smooth the way for giving back the nation to those true patriots who for so long have had to put up with a fake American president and a bunch of commie pinkos in the Congress.

We'll all be safer and more secure, we'll all be more prosperous and happy than we ever were before, especially those undocumented folks who are going to be rounded up and sent back to a Mexican government that's anxiously waiting with open arms for their return. /s

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Not to worry folks. If Trump wins he will surround himself with the best admen, public relations gurus and the smartest business folks out of Wall Street that our tax dollars can buy. No more bribing our politicians because they'll all be working for Trump Inc. and if anybody gets in his way he will employ the Sedition Act and smooth the way for giving back the nation to those true patriots who for so long have had to put up with a fake American president and a bunch of commie pinkos in the Congress.

We'll all be safer and more secure, we'll all be more prosperous and happy than we ever were before, especially those undocumented folks who are going to be rounded up and sent back to a Mexican government that's anxiously waiting with open arms for their return. /s

That was a lot better than the OP, a bit long, but interesting.
You fellows should be on top of your game with Trump, there are so many opportunity's there you almost can't miss.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Well I guess it's pretty clear that the extreme left and the extreme right both hate my candidate, Trump. You dummies want everybody on your side of the life boat. Common sense has no meaning for either side. I want the illegal immigration solved, Do you know what SOLVED means, and I want trade deals to help the Average American, not drive zem into poverty. We have been sick for so long it's we're going to have to have our bones re-broken to reset them properly. It's gonna hurt to get well. At last we have a Mad Man running who knows how to scream in your face that the Emperor has no clothes. The bath water is due for a change, so hang on baby. We create what we fear, and Trump and the our Krell machine has created our Monster of the Id. If you do not learn to love your new master he will rise again and become more powerful than you can imagine.

Cozarkian

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2012
Trump would do the same thing that any of the recent Presidents and candidates would, which would be one of two things:

1. Blame Congress for impeding his efforts and/or
2. Claim the problems were caused by the prior administration's policies and that he didn't have enough time to correct their mistakes.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I award 4 internets for the reference to the Krell.

Thank you. It was the first tip I had as a child that we create what we fear and even gave tips to it's purported unconscious origin as psychological theory I wouldn't be exposed to till years later.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Well I guess it's pretty clear that the extreme left and the extreme right both hate my candidate, Trump. You dummies want everybody on your side of the life boat. Common sense has no meaning for either side. I want the illegal immigration solved, Do you know what SOLVED means, and I want trade deals to help the Average American, not drive zem into poverty. We have been sick for so long it's we're going to have to have our bones re-broken to reset them properly. It's gonna hurt to get well. At last we have a Mad Man running who knows how to scream in your face that the Emperor has no clothes. The bath water is due for a change, so hang on baby. We create what we fear, and Trump and the our Krell machine has created our Monster of the Id. If you do not learn to love your new master he will rise again and become more powerful than you can imagine.

Trump isn't going to offer any magic bullet.

I'm a bit disappointed you think so lately.

The whole system does need an overhaul. but Trump is not who I would see doing it.

Last edited:

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
I don't see Trump and Congress, or any possible Congress we could elect, as being able to function together. Basically, it is a competition between arrogance and ineptitude.

I'd start ye olde government shutdown clock and start taking bets.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
With the Congress the way it is, no one will change anything.

No one cares about actually getting much done there more or less, is just no stop blocking and picking up a paycheck, hanging out at parties, and non stop hanging out at more parties while campaigning non stop.

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I'd like to play the game of "WHAT IF".

*snip*

So... what WOULD president Donald Trump do?
Any psychoanalysis here?

He would lame-blame his hand-picked cabinet for gross malfeasance, fire them all the day before leaving office and then precisely mimic how Dick Cheney has been attempting to re-write history in his favor, only unlike Cheney, Trump would manage to pull it off in grand theft fashion.

edit - Trump is the guy we've all been waiting for to re-shuffle the political deck, slap some sense into our heads and make us realize just how far off the trail of democracy we've gone via allowing our Supreme Court to enable a few ultra-wealthy folks to create the oligarchy/plutocracy they and their forefathers have been longing to create right here in America.

Last edited:

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
Trump is the guy we've all been waiting for to re-shuffle the political deck, slap some sense into our heads and make us realize just how far off the trail of democracy we've gone via allowing our Supreme Court to enable a few ultra-wealthy folks to create the oligarchy/plutocracy they and their forefathers have been longing to create right here in America.
yes and no.

People loathe our current politicians and this is entirely justified, but Trump is *just another* one, if not the PRIME EXAMPLE of what we loathe.

He's *another* millio...uh wait...BILLIONAIRE who has the audacity to present himself as a person who supposedly knows "what's good for the average joe"....in a society where currently most problems are in-fact revolving and centering on those with lower incomes.

Unemployment, healthcare, min wage, immigration, social security etc...THOSE are the problems in America today, and none of those pressing issues is affecting anyone who belongs to the 1%...let alone 0.1%.

Trump *appears* to be different because he's a celebrity/media genius and understands to *appear* as if he is talking to the average Joes, he admittedly does this better than the rest of clow...uhm I mean candidates.

But this is on the surface only. Even if he appears to somehow being able to form a bond with his potential voters and can communicate better, he uses the same sleeze tactics as the rest, eg. lying, spreading falsehoods, deception, vote catching by using emotional but irrelevant topics etc.

He is just...louder....and that's about it. Otherwise he fits right in with all the other sleezebags.

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
Healthcare, the deficit, un-employment, the hammering that compuwiz's gold portfolio has taken, the invasion of 36695 million illegals across the southern border, his traitorous throwing of Israel to the dogs, dogs and cats living together, etc.

You do realize that he inherited the worst mess since Roosevelt right? I don't think he did a great job with it, but almost everything you mentioned was unavoidable. He may have made matters a bit worse, but no-one could have avoided most of it.