The Fyre Fest Thread

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I just saw that in the news, federal Marshalls finally have figured it all out and are auctioning off items from the festival.
It took just about 3 whole years to unravel this scam.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
If any of you are still harboring ill-will towards the guy, apparently he has tested positive for Coronavirus while stuck in prison.

Reactions: zinfamous
Nov 8, 2012
Looks like this is the end or at least the likely end.
Ticket buyers do get some money back, provided there is money left to pay them back

LOL and shithead celebrities are still trying to make money off of it HAHAHA. Christ, anyone who gives shitheads like Ja Rule money need to be hit over the head with a hammer.

De Haas has now teamed up with rapper and festival co-organizer Ja Rule to sell the rights to the tweet as a non-fungible token.

Ultimately I read the article, but does it say who (or who all?) they are suing? Because if it's just Billy Farland or whatever, I doubt they will get much. Also surprised the lawsuit was only < 300 people? I thought thousands attended?

Compensation attendees receive may go down depending on the outcome of other bankruptcy cases against festival organizers.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
LOL and shithead celebrities are still trying to make money off of it HAHAHA. Christ, anyone who gives shitheads like Ja Rule money need to be hit over the head with a hammer.

Ultimately I read the article, but does it say who (or who all?) they are suing? Because if it's just Billy Farland or whatever, I doubt they will get much. Also surprised the lawsuit was only < 300 people? I thought thousands attended?

I wonder what shithead celebrity Charles Barkley thinks about all of this.

• Haha
Reactions: [DHT]Osiris