The final screwing by the boomers...

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
And some are very fine people.

And as I've alluded to, it was the boomers who put those people in power and who screwed all the other economic classes over. So go fuck yourself you self centered fuck up of a generation.

:p

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Yeah, the doctors and nurses who work there shouldn't get paid so your great aunt/uncle won't have to spend their million in care that's rendered to them. Sounds like a perfect example of progressive "thought."
Yeah... That's not where all the money is going. What a sad little distraction. (although candidly, having seen the care given at many SNFs/LTACs, many of those providers probably shouldn't get paid for the "care" they deliver)

Reactions: DarthKyrie

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
So what you are saying is that boomers, in 40+ years, have done exactly zero to address these issues?

Thanks for making my point.

I didn't say that. Since 17 of those 45 states have repealed the filial responsibility laws since the 50's and medicare did reinstate the payment of 100 days of long term care, perhaps they have been the only ones who have done anything to address this issue .

Last edited:

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000

And as I've alluded to, it was the boomers who put those people in power and who screwed all the other economic classes over. So go fuck yourself you self centered fuck up of a generation.

I would need a citation for that.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
It is like lefties know nothing more than to point fingers and blame others. No wonder they struggle so much with personal responsibility and need the government to take care of their health care, housing, basic income, education costs, etc. What do nothings.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

If you are over thirty the boomers would have no respect at all for your opinion, independently, of course for how stupidly similar it is to how they used to think. Generation upon generation of of the imbecility of experience lacking youth, it would seem. So serious and so absurd. Thanks for the laugh.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
It is like lefties know nothing more than to point fingers and blame others. No wonder they struggle so much with personal responsibility and need the government to take care of their health care, housing, basic income, education costs, etc. What do nothings.

You guys really need to decide if paying for other people's health care is handouts to the undeserving or personal responsibility.

I don't care which one you pick, just pick one and stick with it. The sheer stupidity of you guys switching back and forth is getting really tiresome. Can't you at least TRY to be a little less dumb? Do it for me.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The left isn’t composed only of spoiled entitled children, and look at the right, fleeing into the clutches and prison of cult behavior because they are terrified of having to think. Your post here is a typical example, blind rote regurgitated stereotypical bull shit.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
You guys really need to decide if paying for other people's health care is handouts to the undeserving or personal responsibility.

I don't care which one you pick, just pick one and stick with it. The sheer stupidity of you guys switching back and forth is getting really tiresome. Can't you at least TRY to be a little less dumb? Do it for me.

Man, you sound as if you lost a major court decision today or something. So cranky that the president that doesn't accomplish anything (according to you) appears to be accomplishing things.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Man, you sound as if you lost a major court decision today or something. So cranky that the president that doesn't accomplish anything (according to you) appears to be accomplishing things.

huh? It's a simple question - is paying for other people's health care personal responsibility or handouts to the undeserving? Pick one.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
huh? It's a simple question - is paying for other people's health care personal responsibility or handouts to the undeserving? Pick one.

Helping those that are not able to help themselves is one thing. Helping the lazy is another.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
To to be clear you think that people should be held responsible for other people's nursing home costs because this is personal responsibility?

No, I think people should take personal responsibility. That being said, I love listening to you lefties with your non-stop finger pointing about things that haven't been provided for you by others and blaming previous generations. The modern left is the weakest and most pathetic portion of humanity in our country's history.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
No, I think people should take personal responsibility. That being said, I love listening to you lefties with your non-stop finger pointing about things that haven't been provided for you by others and blaming previous generations.

So this entire thread is about how people should take personal responsibility and yet you came in here shrieking about liberals not taking personal responsibility.

Did you just not read the thread or are you drunk or something?

The modern left is the weakest and most pathetic portion of humanity in our country's history.

Says the guy who can't stop whining about how picked on he and other conservatives are. lol.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The modern left is the weakest and most pathetic portion of humanity in our country's history.

Ah, but they were created by the irrational right that terrifies them by their cult like insanity. Your fault, I'm afraid, or rather, you create what you fear in your sleep. The programmed are not morally responsible for their machine behavior anymore than ping is guilty of pong.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000

I must have missed the part where the children of recipients of Obamacare recipients were forced to pay for it instead of taxpayers. I think if anything that YOU are the one that needs to answer the simple question - should the adult children of those who incur large bills in nursing homes be forced to pay them? If not who does, the nursing home or taxpayers? Because no matter what you decide someone is paying for it, the question is now only one of who pays.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I must have missed the part where the children of recipients of Obamacare recipients were forced to pay for it instead of taxpayers. I think if anything that YOU are the one that needs to answer the simple question - should the adult children of those who incur large bills in nursing homes be forced to pay them? If not who does, the nursing home or taxpayers? Because no matter what you decide someone is paying for it, the question is now only one of who pays.
We could all pay way less for healthcare including elderly care if we all just decided to pool our resources and purchase it in bulk.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Why would you ask such a silly question? I think we should have universal health care paid for by progressive taxation as I've said many times. I think we all know that's the common sense solution but unfortunately I think we both know that conservatives aren't exactly known for their common sense or understanding of finances.

I just found it amusing that Slow flails back and forth between saying people should take personal responsibility for their own medical bills and then here tries to attack people for not paying someone else's medical bills. I don't care which one he wants to argue, but he should pick one.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Why would you ask such a silly question? I think we should have universal health care paid for by progressive taxation as I've said many times. I think we all know that's the common sense solution but unfortunately I think we both know that conservatives aren't exactly known for their common sense or understanding of finances.

I just found it amusing that Slow flails back and forth between saying people should take personal responsibility for their own medical bills and then here tries to attack people for not paying someone else's medical bills. I don't care which one he wants to argue, but he should pick one.

@fskimospy how about addressing the question in the present reality where universal healthcare doesn't exist? It's September 2019 and you need to decide today who pays some 80 year old's nursing home bill. Who pays it, the children of the 80 year old? Does the nursing home simply eat the costs? Does the taxpayer pay it so the kids don't need to, and if so is that the responsibility of the federal government or state government?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
@fskimospy how about addressing the question in the present reality where universal healthcare doesn't exist? It's September 2019 and you need to decide today who pays some 80 year old's nursing home bill. Who pays it, the children of the 80 year old? Does the nursing home simply eat the costs? Does the taxpayer pay it so the kids don't need to, and if so is that the responsibility of the federal government or state government?

The nursing home should eat the cost. The fact that they didn't get up front payments or have some kind of insurance to cover their losses puts the onus on them.
That's how capitalism works, except for righties, they want privatized gains and socialized loses.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

This makes no sense, in the current reality whatever the law says is what happens so I decide whatever the laws says must pay will pay because to do otherwise is illegal.

Regardless, you asked me what I think SHOULD happen and I told you. You don't get to declare that my solution magically doesn't count.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
So they boinked the world's climate. dumped pills in thier kids mouths instead of raising them. Bilked their kids with higher edu costs. Blew up the housing prices. Blew up social security and now they will force you to pay for their end of life care.

Hopefully this changes or a lot of us are gonna get yet another speed bump in life due to the aging boomers who didnt save money.

Worst. generation. ever.
You are a bitter fuck. Fix your own shit.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000

stfu russian.