The final screwing by the boomers...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Basic Income would cover this quite nicely. Without stiffing anyone.

moonbeam incorrectly said the solution was medicare. The one company opted to sue the guy instead of going for medicare because they got more money. 500k. I dont think a basic income would cover the charges since the boomers jacked the prices of everything for freedumb.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
ive been on my own since i was like 12. Got a job at 15 to eat. If they came looking for money for my parents I would sell all my stuff and burn the money infront of their faces and tell them they will have a fever dream on their deathbed that i paid it.

That explains a lot. I don't think you understand how unusual that is. Don't project your issues on the rest of the world, OK?

Reactions: pcgeek11

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
That explains a lot. I don't think you understand how unusual that is. Don't project your issues on the rest of the world, OK?

who cares if its unusual. No person should be forced to pay for another persons debt.

Reactions: KMFJD

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
ive been on my own since i was like 12. Got a job at 15 to eat. If they came looking for money for my parents I would sell all my stuff and burn the money infront of their faces and tell them they will have a fever dream on their deathbed that i paid it.

So your parents were baby boomers?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Lol did you, moonbeam, the biggest Bernie supporter on the planet, just imply that we should be thankful for big pharma for inventing medicine. Are you referring to medicine that treats symptoms instead of providing a cure? Are you referring to medicine that causes addiction and contributes to a high amount of bankruptcies? Or are you referring to the medical industry as a whole where the boomer generation put in so many license requirements that it artificially caused a shortage of doctors and medical support staff? Or by medicine are you referring to the fact that under your generation health care coverage (in terms of access) at best never improved and at worst became even more limited?

I'm just curious as to what the rest of should be thankful for from the "me generation".
Am I to take it then that your post I had a question of direction was intended for me? This is really a troubling post you did there since I seem to always get a server error giving you the finger. Luckily, you can still die of cancer. Right now my biggest threat is dying of laughter. Nice post. I'm a big fan of stress relief.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
lol moonbeam is so triggered he is telling people to die from cancer. lmao.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005

Sorry, but everybody doesn't have crappy parents like you.

Reactions: whm1974

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
So that's why. I spend over 3000 a month keeping a relative, not even a parent alive who is disabled. Somebody probably younger than you.

You haven't been on your own since 12 and aren't on your own yet because you are still carrying the scars they gave you. I died from and then too the pain mine gave me, beautiful angles crippled in their own childhood. You are an ignorant fool because you blame others for what they could not help. When you forgive them you will forgive yourself.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
So that's why. I spend over 3000 a month keeping a relative, not even a parent alive who is disabled. Somebody probably younger than you.

You haven't been on your own since 12 and aren't on your own yet because you are still carrying the scars they gave you. I died from and then too the pain mine gave me, beautiful angles crippled in their own childhood. You are an ignorant fool because you blame others for what they could not help. When you forgive them you will forgive yourself.

people can help themselves or tax me to have the gov do it (i will happily pay taxes to help people and do). Dont come after me personally.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
people can help themselves or tax me to have the gov do it (i will happily pay taxes to help people and do). Dont come after me personally.
So the companies that are coming after the relatives of dying people with medical bills, that's some how the fault of the dying boomers? You seem to have a strange idea about cause and effect.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
moonbeam incorrectly said the solution was medicare. The one company opted to sue the guy instead of going for medicare because they got more money. 500k. I dont think a basic income would cover the charges since the boomers jacked the prices of everything for freedumb.
I said nothing about medicare.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I also want to thank young people for not voting and making sure Trump won.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
So the companies that are coming after the relatives of dying people with medical bills, that's some how the fault of the dying boomers? You seem to have a strange idea about cause and effect.

1. i bet boomers own those companies.

and

2. you seem to agree with me that this law needs to be changed.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
lol moonbeam is so triggered he is telling people to die from cancer. lmao.
I am a big fan of helping people see themselves by reflecting back to them what they radiate. It works much better that way. I always get a big, "How Disgusting".

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Am I to take it then that your post I had a question of direction was intended for me? This is really a troubling post you did there since I seem to always get a server error giving you the finger. Luckily, you can still die of cancer. Right now my biggest threat is dying of laughter. Nice post. I'm a big fan of stress relief.

You can take it however you want, your deflection is noted though.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005

and

All of your ills seems to be ( in your head ) caused by the baby boomers. Which is absolute BS at its finest. Your problems seem to be more with your perceived crappy parents and your internal hatred for said parents which you want to project onto everyone else.

I will say that I do not agree with the "Filial responsibility laws (filial support laws, filial piety laws) " that you are complaining about. Thankfully we do not have that where I live, even though my parents and my wifes parents are all passed away now.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I am a big fan of helping people see themselves by reflecting back to them what they radiate. It works much better that way. I always get a big, "How Disgusting".

And yet when the mirror is given back to you...
Hell, my post wasn't even directed at you but rather baby boomers in general and you among many other boomers can't even acknowledge your hand in the world we live in let alone accept your impact on it. And here you are "reflecting back" on others? Thanks, now I'm dying of laughter.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

and

Yup, even if I have to kill every old person on the planet to do it. I'm betting, even if I can't imagine how, they are the guilty parties.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You can take it however you want, your deflection is noted though.
Quite intentional I assure you, like stepping over something peculiar looking on the sidewalk. I just want to get buy and go on my way. I saw a toy gun when I was a kid that would blow a puff of air across a room. It was really cool but the damage wasn't very great. I mean, geez, it's the younguns that are for Sanders, right?

All my love:

Moonbeam

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Yup, even if I have to kill every old person on the planet to do it. I'm betting, even if I can't imagine how, they are the guilty parties.

41d33481-7dfa-4646-b669-b9f4fefdeee6-original.png