The final screwing by the boomers...

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
So they boinked the world's climate. dumped pills in thier kids mouths instead of raising them. Bilked their kids with higher edu costs. Blew up the housing prices. Blew up social security and now they will force you to pay for their end of life care.

Hopefully this changes or a lot of us are gonna get yet another speed bump in life due to the aging boomers who didnt save money.

Worst. generation. ever.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
you guys dont think its a issue that people will be on the hook for hundreds of thousand of dollars in senior care? A man was sued by a care facility and ordered to pay 500k. They didnt even go for medicare. They just went right into his pockets.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
I guess if you are in one of the 29 states that allow this, you could move, or take proactive steps to ensure that cost for such care is minimized by buying private insurance or arranging for an elderly parent to live with you. I don't agree with the law, and my state so far does not have one.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
obviously the prices of these things are going to fly up because they know they can just sue the children for it.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Maybe we could start by not treating our elderly as disposable?

Forget it bro, you are the black jew muslim criminal terrorists and all of "you" are the same. If they live long enough they too will be shit on someone elses shoes. It's a PC White Supremacist mentality because we all know what "they" are like and need to be disposed of.

Reactions: esquared

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
So they boinked the world's climate. dumped pills in thier kids mouths instead of raising them. Bilked their kids with higher edu costs. Blew up the housing prices. Blew up social security and now they will force you to pay for their end of life care.

Hopefully this changes or a lot of us are gonna get yet another speed bump in life due to the aging boomers who didnt save money.

Worst. generation. ever.
Ah, the delicious sounds of prepubescent peevishness. Don't be jealous. You will soon enough be at the front of the line, despised by all the cheerless and miserable children your doom and gloom miserable pallor spawned. You will know their pointy little teeth as they crack your bones looking for morsels to suck.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Ah, the delicious sounds of prepubescent peevishness. Don't be jealous. You will soon enough be at the front of the line, despised by all the cheerless and miserable children your doom and gloom miserable pallor spawned. You will know their pointy little teeth as they crack your bones looking for morsels to suck.

Denial is probably the best medicine.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
I didn't know that some states have Filial responsibility laws, althrough I knew that Virgina had a law on the books requiring the relatives of people who have been committed to Mental Hospitals to pay for their stay.

Awhile back I read some news about an 18y guy the both he and his sister were sexually abuse by their father, and after a court committed the dad the facility sent son a bill. He refused to pay and was appealing the order.

I didn't read anything later about the case.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Denial is probably the best medicine.
Not sure which of us you refer too but I was pissed that my step Mom put my stroke incapacitated father in a home instead of paying to have him at home, money that would have come out of my pocket, as was the money my Mom spent on the best home I could find for her all from my inheritance. I am also do not revive. I guess I spent too much time caring for my dying parents to notice how worthless I am.

By the way, there is a finger emoji on the list but I get a server error trying to use it on Storm. Love the iceberg option but I hear they are getting rare. Too many fuckers that didn't die in childhood driving cars these days because of baby boomer funded and invented medicine. Worst generation ever, they reproduced.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Here the lovely baby boomers who are forcing young people to care for their worthless parents.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Nice that every state I'd be likely to live in is not on that list.

We need Medicare for all now.

We also need to let terminal patients die as opposed to keeping them on life support in homes for months or years. And we need to allow assisted suicide for those seeking it and allow people to ask for it in advanced directives.

As for the specific laws, it is insane that family members can be on the hook for other people's debt unless they specifically signed something saying they would pay for it. Let's see it go the other way, if your 30 year old kid defaults on a car, make the parent pay.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Not sure which of us you refer too but I was pissed that my step Mom put my stroke incapacitated father in a home instead of paying to have him at home, money that would have come out of my pocket, as was the money my Mom spent on the best home I could find for her all from my inheritance. I am also do not revive. I guess I spent too much time caring for my dying parents to notice how worthless I am.

By the way, there is a finger emoji on the list but I get a server error trying to use it on Storm. Love the iceberg option but I hear they are getting rare. Too many fuckers that didn't die in childhood driving cars these days because of baby boomer funded and invented medicine. Worst generation ever, they reproduced.

Lol did you, moonbeam, the biggest Bernie supporter on the planet, just imply that we should be thankful for big pharma for inventing medicine. Are you referring to medicine that treats symptoms instead of providing a cure? Are you referring to medicine that causes addiction and contributes to a high amount of bankruptcies? Or are you referring to the medical industry as a whole where the boomer generation put in so many license requirements that it artificially caused a shortage of doctors and medical support staff? Or by medicine are you referring to the fact that under your generation health care coverage (in terms of access) at best never improved and at worst became even more limited?

I'm just curious as to what the rest of us should be thankful for from the "me generation".

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthKyrie

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
I'm not surprised.

We also need to let terminal patients die as opposed to keeping them on life support in homes for months or years. And we need to allow assisted suicide for those seeking it and allow people to ask for it in advanced directives.

Yus. Get the barbiturates rolling.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
How about drastically improving the standard of living, insuring your ability to complain about it and, putting man on the moon?

Living standards? Who the hell do you think was behind skyrocketing housing and education costs? But you are right, your pursuit of profits above all else has led us to enjoying cheap Chinese goods. Thanks./eye roll

As far as putting a man on the moon, nice try but that was courtesy of the greatest generation, that is unless you believe 20 years were responsible for that.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Here the lovely baby boomers who are forcing young people to care for their worthless parents.

ive been on my own since i was like 12. Got a job at 15 to eat. If they came looking for money for my parents I would sell all my stuff and burn the money infront of their faces and tell them they will have a fever dream on their deathbed that i paid it.