The expiration date of your subscription to Time Magazine is right on the front cover

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
I had no idea it was there right in front of me for the over 60 years of my life. Just found out today. Apparently is like that for all magazines. And all this time I thought what if they're trying to rip me off by badgering me to renew months or years before my subscription is up. And I'd think they're not going to get away with it, but I forgot how long I signed up for and kept losing my receipts. Oh no they're gonna take advantage of me.

Nope, the expiration date is in plain sight on the cover to the right of your account #. Yeah it's actually the paper or hardcopy version. But don't they still try to trick you into overlapping payments anyway?

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Funny... I thought that this was common knowledge. Hell... it's right on the address sticker.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Last time I saw a Time magazine was several years ago and it was down to about twelve pages. I figured that by now it would just be a postcard with a picture of Biden’s dog on one side and an ad for prostate medicine on the other.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Yes, it is printed right there on the mailing address label. Yes, they do try to get you to sign up for another year about 6 months before your subscription is up. I always wait until about 2 months after it EXPIRES to renew. Usually you get a month or two for free until they've had a chance to update their mailing list, so might as well get 14 months for the price of 12.

Note: me comments above are for magazines in general, as I don't have a Time subscription.

Reactions: bbhaag

Stiff Clamp

Feb 3, 2021
I'm fairly positive they DO allow third parties to badger subscribers for renewals.
And by "they" I mean magazines.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
You guys can poke fun at print mags all you want but I actually enjoy them. I've got four subs right now to HGTV, C&D, The Family Handyman, and Readers Digest and before anyone asks no I'm not a Boomer or Millennial I'm just your run of the mill GenXer who enjoys reading print over digital.

@dullard cool tip about knowing when my subs are about to end by looking at the address line then waiting a couple of months.