The exact opposite of all the "should I ask her out" threads

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
I have this girl. We dated before, and it didn't work out. After a year of awkwardness, we start talking again. Finally one party I threw we end up hooking up again. Now we're "friends with benefits."

The question is... a few nights ago she said she wanted to be more than friends with benefits again. We broke up because we both knew it wasn't going to work out... we can have the random hook up when we're both feeling randy and think nothing of it the next day.

Question is... now that she'd proposed more than the current relationship, what do I do? She said we could keep hooking up and there would be no problem, but is she saying the truth? I know (and she does too, even though she won't admit it) that it won't work out if we get back together again, but right now we're kinda there when we both need the random booty call. Am I being cruel to her by still hooking up but not pursuing the relationship, even if it would be doomed from the start? I know that I don't want to be with her again, we just enjoy each others company at times. She was the one who initiated the random hook ups in the first place. What do I do?

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
Added the cop out vote... for people that just want to see the results.

I of course took the easy way out... but HELP!!! I don't know what to do.

Women of ATOT... What does she mean when she says she wants to get back together again but if I don't want to it's cool just to keep hooking up? Is she serious?

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
well I can at least thank everyone for not voting for the "go for relationship" vote. I would hate if I found out that it was the majority vote

Jfur

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2001
as long as you are crystal clear that there is ZERO chance for "more" then go for it. If you are not being utterly, completely clear then that is unfair.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Besides the obligatory "PICS!!!11!1" I'd have to say that more info is needed. For example, why wouldn't a relationship work out?

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001

<< Besides the obligatory "PICS!!!11!1" I'd have to say that more info is needed. For example, why wouldn't a relationship work out? >>

Well for pics I don't have any. Sorry guys. As for the relationship... Basically she gets tired of people she dates. I'm not really in the mood to get tired of, so we just keep the relationship as friends.

lawaris

Banned
Jun 26, 2001

<< Besides the obligatory "PICS!!!11!1" I'd have to say that more info is needed. For example, why wouldn't a relationship work out? >>

RSMemphis

Golden Member
Oct 6, 2001
If *you* think that there is no chance that it'll work, don't do it.

If you could be open-minded about it, give it a try.

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001

<< If *you* think that there is no chance that it'll work, don't do it.

If you could be open-minded about it, give it a try.
>>

I did, it already didn't work out once.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Exactly how can you be "friends with benefits"? Doesn't that just mean that you both are whores? I'm sure that you are ***** others too then, so wouldn't that be accurate?

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
if you are not into her like that, then don't go into the relationship. if she says it's okay to keep on like this, go for it. but, she's lying if she says it's "no problem" because she wants something more. i say watch out... she might try to find ways to trap you or something.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Exactly how can you be "friends with benefits"? Doesn't that just mean that you both are whores? I'm sure that you are ***** others too then, so wouldn't that be accurate
Man, you make it sound like it's a bad thing.:p

Uclagamer_99

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2000
she could also use this against you once you actually start dating someone for real...her intentions will probably become clear if you start just casually dating other women and she gets "jealous" or starts acting all weird around you

sheselectric

Golden Member
Mar 6, 2002
i think that if she mentioned getting back together, it means she's hooking up with you to try and get back into a relationship. i had a similar situation with this guy once, we dated briefly before figuring out we would never work as a couple, but we hooked up once or twice after that. neither of us wanted anything more than that....although *he* was the one who insisted on being friends....but guess who never calls me anymore? :)