The earth moved again in N Cal

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
1:36 am a 5.2 quake nit Yontville Ca in the wine country. SO far4 not too many reports of damage. In case it's just a precursor, and we're gonna fall into the sea, wanted to say good bye.

ApacheXMD

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
yeah i felt it here in san francisco.
just a slight jolt..
didn't worry bout it. i've been through worse :)

-patchy

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
Well, being a geologist, I definitely wouldn't live on the west coast. Put me in the middle of the continental plate instead. We still get quakes and they can be doozies since they are deep seated but they are much less frequent.

Come Together (Beatles)

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
When the really big one comes, California & the West coast will be left standing . . . the rest of the continent will slip into the ocean.

Anyway, you can have your tornadoes, hurricanes, floods and crappy weather . . . plus there are plenty of fault zones elsewhere.

:p

:)

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Do some research on the New Madrid fault. If and when it lets go it could make the California earthquakes look like Rosanne Barr jumping on a waterbed(ugly, but no real damage in comparison.)

AMDJunkie

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 1999
"California tumbles into the sea, that'll be the day I go back to Annandale."

And I thought Hollywood was reason enough to stay out of California.

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
yeah, send your computer stuff to neo.

and send your pretty womens to me.

um... you can send your fugly womens to paulson in minnesota.

--

yeah, i know the plural of woman is women... and womens makes no sense. um... it does to me. so shut yo' mouth.

SeeET

Sep 3, 2000
It was pretty funny, I was talking with my roommate, saying blah blah blah, when suddenly the room started shaking and I nonchalantly said, "Oh, it's an earthquake." My roommate didn't even feel it even though it lasted for a few seconds and our monitors were shaking.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
So when is the Big One due? The Big One is that fell earthquake that will pull much of CA into the deep blue. Hopefully after DDR mainboards ship so you can at least be pleasured by those before you meet your maker. :)