The Dog Whisperer

MBrown

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
I have been using some of his techniques on my dog and they definately work and seem harmless to me. Do you agree with this kind of dog training?

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Yes and no. Some of his tactics offend me. I remember watching an episode where he brought a very dog aggressive dog into that area with his pack of dogs and watched as he let that dog attack one of his innocent dogs. Totally unnecessary and uncalled for but he probably did it for the tv shock value. Makes him an asshat in my book.

KingGheedora

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006
It seems to work. I've been watching it recently because they've been airing it a ton. I want to get a dog and I keep wondering how well his tactics would work. Would you ever be able to show your dog affection, or would you always have to be "calm assertive".

The Southpark episode with him was hilarious, one of the funniest I've ever seen.

MBrown

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by: KingGheedora
It seems to work. I've been watching it recently because they've been airing it a ton. I want to get a dog and I keep wondering how well his tactics would work. Would you ever be able to show your dog affection, or would you always have to be "calm assertive".

The Southpark episode with him was hilarious, one of the funniest I've ever seen.

The dog has to be submissive before you give affection.

I am going to find that Cartman clip on youtube :).

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
He's definately a little out there, but most of what he says seems to be sound. The main thing with dogs is to be firm and be in control, dogs are not children and should not be treated like children, and Cesar seems to understand that pretty well.

OhSnap688

Golden Member
Sep 29, 2006
No it doesn't work on my dog. We are going to try puppy training school. If that doesn't work, then I have a terrible dog.

Kung Lau

Oct 13, 1999
Cesar is the man.

I enjoy the show and if I could, I'd open up a dog shelter. I love dogs that much.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Dacalo
It's DEFINITELY people, not DEFINATELY. There is no NATE in there.

That's rediculous, your obviously wrong on this point, as our grammer is full proof.